“nasty habit” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Kingman, Arizona
“nasty habit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have been using this hotel when flying out of Las Vegas for over nine years. I live in Arizona so it was an easy drive to catch early morning fights out of Vegas. I made a reservation in January for a return from a funeral that I had to fly out for. I told the reservation clerk that I would be checking in late and she assured me that with a credit card my room would be there for me. Well it wasn't they had given my room to someone else and didn't have another. Now if I had not been there to take the room they would have charged me for it, so they were hoping I would not show up this is a nasty little scram they were trying to run. This place has steadily gone down hill over the years. The final and last straw from me.

Room Tip: never ever count on your reservation being there in this place
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

For some reason I expected this to be an run down, run of the mill hotel, but it wasn't. We were pleasantly surpised by how nice our room was as well as the elevator lobby and most of everything else. The only negative is that the elevator to the hotel is not near the check in so there is a bit of walking to be done.

Room Tip: This is NOT a Las Vegas strip hotel/casino. It is in Henderson and is not near much of anything els...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

It was a beautiful a hotel, I loved it, I enjoyed it, and I would stay in it again. My only concern with the hotel itself was the hidden fee's they dont tell you up front when you are booking a room. But my over all experience was excellent. Also there is a buffet restuarant in there called the fiesta buffet I believe is to die for, excellent food, great prices, and excellent customer service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

This was a great place to stay, off the strip with plenty to do. Once you've stayed on the strip a few times the shock and awe go away. We were shocked at how large the room was for a casino hotel very nice. If you can, ask for a higher floor so you get some view. The room was clean and well decorated. House keeping and other staff were very attentive to any needs even though this was a 4 night comp stay. Lots of good choices for food, and if you get tired of gambling go see a movie at the theater inside the casino or go bowling also inside the casino. This was our first trip to Vegas that we didnt go to the strip even once.The outlying casinos have plenty to offer if you want a bit of a slower pace. Overall this was a great stay in our 3500 mile road trip. Hope this helps.

• Stayed January 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

we booked this because it was cheep and it looked like it was close to the strip , it isnt ! so cost us lots in taxis .the rooms were dated the bathroom was old but the beds were comfortable
The food was cheep in the hotel but the casino was old fashioned
When we checked out they charged us for the gym , which we didnt even know they had and when i complained that they hadnt told us about this charge or even that was a gym they said nothing
really woulnt recommend if you dont have children or are under the age of 70 !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I will start this review with a bit of a back-story. We never planned on staying here, I had actually never even heard of it before. We were in Vegas for our wedding & had a Groupon to stay at the Green Valley Ranch. Well the GVR had massively over-booked themselves & decided to bump all of the Groupon-users to their sister properties. I understand this happens, but the room was booked for the night before my wedding and the night of my wedding (so we could get away from the hustle & bustle of the strip where we were getting married) Needless to say I was insanely NOT IMPRESSED!!! (to be fair GVR did do a decent job at taking care of things & making sure I was somewhat satisfied, but I will NOT be staying there even with the promised free nights I've been offered) Back to the Sunset Station....

I arrived late in the evening with my mother & sister. I was very unhappy due to the events that had happened, but did my best to not take it out on the SS. I reached the front desk after a woman basically told the guy off (another happy Groupon person who was bumped) The gentleman was more than accommodating & very sweet when I busted out into tears for the millionth time that day. He checked his system & apologized he could not give us a suite as the hotel was at capacity due to the GVR mess up, I had not even asked for this. We went up to our room & found it to be very large and clean. We had a nice meal at the Italian restaurant (name slips my mind right now)

The next day I spoke to the GVR who then called a manager & managed to get me & my husband changed to a HUGE suite for our wedding night! It was beautiful and had a bar & living room & was just amazing! It was just the 2 of us, but it was so nice to have such a lovely space after dealing with so much stress!

Basically everything at the SS was beyond expectations. The Italian restaurant was delicious, the buffet was great for the price (free in our case, but I would gladly pay the prices they list), the staff was incredible & the casino had a wonderful vibe & we were able to stretch our dollars and play a long while.

We are happily planning on coming back next time we are in Vegas to enjoy a night away from the strip. Thank you Sunset Station for saving the day for our wedding :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We spent a night here just before New Year's, and got a great rate. Imagine our surprise when we checked in and got a an upgrade to a King Suite. The suite was HUGE, with amazing views from floor to ceiling windows in both the living room and bedroom (it's a corner suite), had 5 telephones, a wet bar with fridge, two large flat-screen TV's, three closets, a powder room, and a huge bathroom with a jacuzzi tub, separate shower, his & her sinks & make-up vanity. There was also a living room and dining area. We did not want to leave when our check out time rolled around... If you can get an upgrade to this suite, it really is lovely, and I would highly recommend it.

Wi-Fi was included along with a paper in the reasonable "resort fee", and there is a Starbucks downstairs for the morning. We also enjoyed the "Gaudi bar", reminded us of our trip to Barcelona!

Room Tip: the higher the floor the better the view!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunset Station Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!