“Love this place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 27 hotels in Henderson
New jersey
“Love this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My third stay at this hotel and look forward to returning. Great food choices, bars, movie theater, bowling alley, nightclub. This place has everything but the crowds of the strip. Lots of low limit tables and loose video poker machines. The best is the Gaudi Bar in the center of the casino. Freindly bartenders, and healthy pours, especially if your playing pkoer at the bar, and the architecture and design of the bar is a tribute to Antonin Gaudi of Barcelona.
I stay in the King suite that is 1000 square feet, with bar, living room, dining area, 2 bathrooms, and king bedroom. I would pay 2 to 3 times for this suite on the strip. The employees are outstanding, whether dealers, servers, front desk staff, housekeeping etc... Clearly the management is doing a good job. The only downside for some is the long walk to the hotel elevators, but I enjoy walking off some of the food I had at the buffet.

Room Tip: Go for the King suite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

502 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Although we stay at other hotels while in las vegas Sunset Station is my favorite hotel. The staff are friendly and it's always nice to see a familiar face. Our room attendant Linda was excellent.
I always ask for a feather pillow and even though we have a KS room they always accommodate my request.
Another favorite is the Asian Station at the Feast Buffet. We ate there 4 times and that was my dinner each time. The cooks are remarkable!!!!! I can't wait for our next visit.
The pool area is a beautiful oasis, the only thing is it could be heated for the fall months.
It is truly a resort stay with lots of shopping, movie theatre and of course gambling.
I tell my friends even if you don't gamble it's a great place to vacation.

Room Tip: This is our tenth stay in the last few years and i can honestly say we have never had a room that we...
Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

When I visit a city, I don't want to pay a fortune just for a room I am not going to be in very much. I prefer to spend the extra money on a show or a good restaurant. This is the place. For a while I lived and worked in Henderson and used to go to the Sunset for the slots. I've been to lots and lots of casinos in Nevada, Illinois and Arizona, but I think the payouts are really fair here.
Avoid the main cafeteria; the food is only mediocre. I do recommend the Sonoma Cellar for privacy and good food. Service is excellent. Got discounts for shows in Las Vegas, and had a nice vacation away from my usual routine.

Room Tip: Choose your room at the east end away from the casino.
Northern Oregon Coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed at Sunset Station Hotel and Casino on our trip going to Arizona. Very convenient off the interstate, but when I had booked this room weeks before by phone directly, no one mentioned the resort fee at all. Before we even left for our vacation they had charged the room to our credit card, not just a hold! Upon arriving we were told there was wifi and given the code. The restaurants are expensive, and a regular cup of coffee was also expensive! The slots are extremely tight (we know this because we love casinos)! The room was nice but the wifi did not have enough signal to do anything. When we checked out is when we were slammed with the resort fee and it was the first we had heard about it. Almost $20 added and charged on top of the already paid room. So beware! We will never stop at Sunset Station again.

Room Tip: Really, go somewhere else unless all you want to do is sight see a pretty casino!
Cochrane, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here after rafting on the Colorado River and visiting the Hoover Dam. Was looking for something not in Las Vegas and Henderson fit the bill. Even with $16.00 resort fee was able to get a great rate. The resort rate was definitely clearly indicated when booking not just in the fine print. The room was very comfortable and the bed came with controlled comfort settings. The check in was very impersonal and not very helpful. Pool was large and ample towels were provided beside the pool. Unfortunately there was not breakfast included. We stayed on the 6th floor and there was no smell of smoke in the room. The smoking floors are 4 and 10. Unfortunately for those not liking smoking, the casino allowed smoking which floated into the registration area and into the restaurants. Actually choose to eat at a restaurant outside the hotel.

Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I just came here to eat and to check this beautiful casino out. This place beautiful! I will stay here in a few months. I ate a wonderful meal at the buffet and even won a little money. There is a waterfall at the oyster bar. This and the Green Valley Ranch were the biggest surprise off the strip. Very classy looking just look up at the ceilings with the the blue skys and clouds. Like I said I didn't stay here but I will be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel and found it to be very clean and comfortable. The rooms are large and have comfortable beds, a flat screen TV and a small table and chairs. The bathroom is configured with the toilet and shower in one room and the sink and a long counter in the room with the bed (behind a wall). The shower head had some sort of oxygenator on it that made very little water feel like more (sort of). The room and the whole hotel was very clean. Our room was always cleaned by noon. There is plenty of parking (near multiple hotel entrance doors) and lots of shopping, restaurants, fast food, etc. nearby. If you don't want to stay on the strip this is a great alternative at a very reasonable price (too bad the resort fee adds $16+ per day). That being said, we would still definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunset Station Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!