“We love Residence Inns, but this one needs some TLC” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Las Vegas Golf
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
“We love Residence Inns, but this one needs some TLC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We frequent Residence Inns because we usually love to take our dog with us and we enjoy the included breakfasts. This trip was just the family, but we chose it to try to cut down on expenses visiting Vegas. The staff was friendly and helpful. The lobby was being redecorated and they accomodated guests by giving a breakfast pass to the Courtyard Marriott across the street. My biggest complaint is the room decoration. It really looked straight out of 1990. The rooms were clean, but there were stains on some of the tired looking furniture. The vanity in the bathroom area was extremely low. I'm not a tall person and I noticed it. I would also like to see real wood hangers instead of cracked cheap plastic ones. When you're tired and detail oriented, those small touches really make a difference in a guest's experience. I'd just assume they put the money into the rooms rather than the lobby! One other note: other reviewers have mentioned the poor sound insulation. I agree with this, it is really bad. It doesn't bother anyone else in my family except me, so if you've got sensitive hearing, I suggest you book a top floor. The air conditioning works fine, so it's not any warmer than the other floors. As long as they have an available room, the staff is great about switching rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
FORT IRWIN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have stayed here a couple times, mostly prior to us flying out on vacation. We live 2 1/2 hours away and The Residence Inn is a very comfortable, reasonible choice.

Rooms are always clean, shuttle to the airport is very reliable.

Plus Marriott hotels allow you to park your vehicle at the site while you are on vacation for free.

We get there a day before our flight, have a great night sleep, a wonderful breakfast and off on vacation. When we return they pick us up and bring us back to our car. Safe and secure in their parking lot.

San Clemente, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were in a ground floor suite which is very comfortable with two bedrooms, each with own bath. Since the breakfast area is under remodelling, all customers were asked to have breakfast at Courtyard on the other side of the street. The breakfast at Courtyard is wonderful with friendly staff and cook to order breakfast is very good. The problem I have is the poor sound insulation. At 12:00 am I was still awake due to noise of people walking on the floor upstair. I heard people talking, laughing and sounds of luggage rolling on the floor. I called front desk and the clerk was very attentive who contacted upstair. They were quite for about 15 minutes then started again. I just endured it.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My parents and my own immediate family stayed here for 2 nights at the end of June. We chose a 2 bed/2bath suite. It was great for us! Everything worked well, and the room was very clean. The refrigerator handle needs repair, but that was a minor issue.
The pool area was very nice. I actually enjoyed being close to the airport and watching the jets fly over so low, but I can see that some might not enjoy that aspect while trying to relax.
The breakfast area was taken care of by two very friendly and hard-working ladies. There were ample hot and cold choices.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Santa Ana, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you need accomodations slightly outside of the Strip area in Vegas, this hotel works well. It IS directly in the flight path of the airport which can be annoying when you're lying out by the pool trying to relax, but not much they can do about that. The lobby is currently being remodeled, so there's a makeshift one off to the side that's blocked off from the construction work. I imagine when done, the lobby will be up to par with all the newest RIs out there. The rooms are definitely still stuck at about 1993. The carpet and bedding may be current, but the furniture and kitchen appliances are woefully bad. Hopefully a room remodel is next on the list after the lobby.

I had trouble convincing the maintenance staff that my A/C was not working properly when they suggested I had moved the thermostat from auto to manual...I'm 42 years old and well aware of how to operate a thermostat...so the "see? isn't that better?" felt condescending. However, after I suggested it was likely out of Freon, I came back 4 hours later to an ice cold room, so they must've taken my word for it and charged the system. After that, all was great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We recently drove to Westlake Village, CA to meet my nephew and his family. Then the two families drove together in a roomy Honda Odyssey for a Grand Canyon exploration. We started on 4th July 2013, and the Las Vegas strip was literally packed. Even moderate hotels such as Circus Circus and Stratosphere were going for more than $100 a night. After some thinking, I decided on this Henderson hotel.
Being unfamiliar with the city of Henderson, I thought it would be at least 15 miles or more from the strip and most probably I would have to take the freeway. In reality, this hotel is only 8 miles from the strip and can be reached through side roads without taking freeway. You are certainly removed from the glitz and glamor of the strip but you are definitely not in the middle of nowhere. There are enough shops and restaurants nearby.
My only grievance was with the night manager at the desk who gave us somewhat indifferent service. Though I had booked 2 rooms, he couldn't give us two rooms together, not even in the same floor, causing us some inconvenience. And in spite of seeing that we were 4 adults and 4 children in two rooms, he only gave us one key for each room, and I had to ask for additional keys.
The room, the furniture, the bed and the general cleanliness was of very good quality.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

All and all you might find a less expensive place to stay, maybe at first glance but if you look at what is available for the money and the size of your family this could be the place for you.
For a self-guided tour of the surrounding area you are located in a prime location. Just down the street is Ethel M Chocolate Factory, (which is free self-guided tour). Also just a little bit further north is one of the best lookouts you could ask for. Little spoke about and known to locals, here is how to get to it; Head towards Ethel M Chocolate Factory on Sunset Road. You will come to a traffic light that allows two lanes to make a left hand turn. (You will know if it is the correct intersection if you see a filling station on two corners). Turn left at that intersection and get into the far right lane after the turn. The second light on that street (which is Mountain Vista Street), you will have to turn right, so do that and then you will see that there is a small paved road on your first left. Turn on that road and stay on it, you will pass by a school on the right and desert ground on the left. If just a few feet pass the school you will be at the Las Vegas Plato. Some of the most wonderful pictures can be taken for this view point. If you travel the road to the back of the school there is still another scenic area. Don’t worry about getting lost, it is a dead end and you will turn around and leave the same way. There are many more in the area so happy sightseeing.

Room Tip: The top floor is always the best, but if your traveling with pets your on the bottom floor.