“Solid NY/NJ Deli” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Las Vegas, NV
“Solid NY/NJ Deli”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Real Jewish Deli.....the nova, whitefish salad, pastrami, etc....and Michael's handmade bagels (bialys on the weekends)..all legit....even Joyva in the case by the cash register. The effort to keep this restaurant as good as possible is a constant; don't expect to be "schmoozed"....but, efficient service and owners that know what they are doing is the key here.

• Visited February 2013

87% Recommend
cummington,ma
“If you've had New York City Pastrami....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

You will not find it here at Weiss's. I am a deli snob, I'll admit it. I grew up in NYC and I know pastrami. We went just before closing on a weekday, a few diners remained, the service was prompt and professional. The place looks like the deli's I am used to...plain wooden tables and chairs, no decorations to speak of and the requisite dirty floor. There were no food aromas wetting my appetite, no metal bowls of pickled tomatoes or vinegary coleslaw on the tables to stimulate me visually and when my plate of pastrami arrived I knew I was gonna be disappointed. This meat was very pale with little to no dark pastrami seasonings edging each slice and it tasted like thin sliced salami or hot dogs. Definitely not NY style pastrami. A 1/2 pickled tomato, 1/2 pickle slice and a single black olive was on my plate, hiding under my sandwich. The french fries were underdone but the side of gravy for dipping which tasted like a mix (not a problem for me), was thick and rich...perhaps the highlight of the meal ! My companion had the chicken soup and asked for extra chicken meat. The bowl was full to the brim with chicken and veggies that had obviously been sitting in the soup pot for 8 hours or more. Mushy and unappetizing in a flavorless, pale broth it remained largely uneaten. Not wanting to leave a 1/2 uneaten pastrami sandwich and bowl of soup to be thrown in the garbage, we took it back to the house where I threw it away the next day. So many calories, so little pleasure.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Amazing bagels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were visiting Vegas and wanted a good bagel. We went on a Sunday around noon and there was a slight wait. The service there was friendly and prompt. The atmosphere is what you would expect of a deli but was fine. Everything we had was cooked perfectly and the bagels and home fries were just wonderful. When we are in Vegas we usually go to a great French place for breakfast and it is always excellent but we chose to go back to Weiss instead. Again, our breakfast was perfect. We ordered a dozen bagels to go and a bag of their bagel chips. They had several other bakery items that we can't wait to go back and try. It is a little out of the way from the strip but totally worth it! We can't wait to go back.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Wonderful Out-of-the-Way Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My sister-in-law lives on the boundary between Las Vegas and Henderson and when I visited her and her husband, she recommended Weiss Deli for lunch. We went through an unassuming entrance in a shopping center and found ourselves in a surprisingly large place. Had a wonderful chopped liver and egg salad sandwich, while my sister-in-law had an enormous salad that came with a bagel should couldn't eat. So I ate it. Really authentic and delicious! The waitress was extremely friendly and really hustled. Even though the restaurant was full with a lunch-time crowd our meal was served quickly. Can't wait to go back and try more of the selections on their huge menu.

“Scrumptious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting after the new year and had a craving for a really great deli sandwich. I googled best deli in Vegas and stumbled on Weiss. I was not interested in going to a casino deli, so Weiss was a perfect choice since we had a car. We sat outside on a crisp sunny day and ordered a bowl of cabbage soup that was really delicious; I have eaten my fair share being from Chicago! I ordered a triple decker, pastrami, turkey & slaw on rye. It really exceeded my expectations not only for the obscene portion, but was so incredibly tasty and completely hit the spot!!! My husband was awestruck with it's beauty and shared in the delight. Great fries too, perfect new pickle and a pickled tomato were an excellent accompaniment. We did have to take a doggie bag but were happy to have some left over. We also took a few "black and white" cookies to go which is one of our favorites, and their's were fab! Thank you Weiss, we really enjoyed:)