“Amazing bagels” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
San Diego, California
“Amazing bagels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were visiting Vegas and wanted a good bagel. We went on a Sunday around noon and there was a slight wait. The service there was friendly and prompt. The atmosphere is what you would expect of a deli but was fine. Everything we had was cooked perfectly and the bagels and home fries were just wonderful. When we are in Vegas we usually go to a great French place for breakfast and it is always excellent but we chose to go back to Weiss instead. Again, our breakfast was perfect. We ordered a dozen bagels to go and a bag of their bagel chips. They had several other bakery items that we can't wait to go back and try. It is a little out of the way from the strip but totally worth it! We can't wait to go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Wonderful Out-of-the-Way Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My sister-in-law lives on the boundary between Las Vegas and Henderson and when I visited her and her husband, she recommended Weiss Deli for lunch. We went through an unassuming entrance in a shopping center and found ourselves in a surprisingly large place. Had a wonderful chopped liver and egg salad sandwich, while my sister-in-law had an enormous salad that came with a bagel should couldn't eat. So I ate it. Really authentic and delicious! The waitress was extremely friendly and really hustled. Even though the restaurant was full with a lunch-time crowd our meal was served quickly. Can't wait to go back and try more of the selections on their huge menu.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Scrumptious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting after the new year and had a craving for a really great deli sandwich. I googled best deli in Vegas and stumbled on Weiss. I was not interested in going to a casino deli, so Weiss was a perfect choice since we had a car. We sat outside on a crisp sunny day and ordered a bowl of cabbage soup that was really delicious; I have eaten my fair share being from Chicago! I ordered a triple decker, pastrami, turkey & slaw on rye. It really exceeded my expectations not only for the obscene portion, but was so incredibly tasty and completely hit the spot!!! My husband was awestruck with it's beauty and shared in the delight. Great fries too, perfect new pickle and a pickled tomato were an excellent accompaniment. We did have to take a doggie bag but were happy to have some left over. We also took a few "black and white" cookies to go which is one of our favorites, and their's were fab! Thank you Weiss, we really enjoyed:)

Pahrump, Nevada
“A good find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

went for lunch. Ordered lox plate and wife ordered 1/2 pastrami sandwich and a cup of soup. She received a whole large sandwich and told the waitress there was a mistake. The waitress said "oh, I'll be right back with your soup" and returned with a bowl of soup. My wife pointed out that she had ordered !/2 sand and a cup of soup. The waitress said "welcome to Weiss. Here this is a half sandwich and a cup of soup". Soup was delicious although I do not personally like angel hair pasta in soup. Took sandwich home and I ate it for dinner and it was delicious too. Lots of meat on great rye bread. We saw a full sandwich go by us and then believed we had a half sandwich as a full reminded us of the size served at the Carnagie in New York. Lox plate came with 1/4 pound of lox, a bowl of fruit, pickles, olives, tomatoes,red onion slices, cucumber slices, a pickled green tomato and a few capers (could have served more of them) and the best bagel we have found in Las Vegas and a cup of cream cheese. Plentiful food (less too few capers). We had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated and the waiting line was longer when we left but it was worth the wait. They would probably do better if they charged by the hour for using the tables as some diners who had finished their meals, sit and visit for an hour while people are waiting to be seated. We went to the attached bakery and bought some bagels to take with us. True New York style bagels with a good crust and chewy center that comes from boiling the dough before baking. Breakfast menu looks terrific. We will try that next.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Henderson, Nevada
“Great Jewish Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

There is all kinds of deli food at this place. You can eat breakfast-Lox cream cheese,and bagels, lunch matzoh ball soup or corn beef sandwich. The list goes on and on or you can have you everyday food also. Great place to nosh

Visited February 2012