“Best Japanese Food in Henderson/Las Vegas” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Henderson, Nevada
“Best Japanese Food in Henderson/Las Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have dined here a few times, both for lunch and dinner. The service is outstanding, prompt and very cordial. While the sushi is out of this world, I actually prefer to order a combo meal off the menu. I am never disappointed no matter which selection I have. Everything is fresh, prepared perfectly every time and absolutely delicious. They have the regular tepan room and a tatami room, but I actually just perfer the regular dining room so I can order off the menu. The lunch prices are the best value, but even dinners are reasonably priced. The atmosphere is like stepping back into an old Japanese inn, which makes for a nice dining experience. It is well worth the drive to almost the top of Eastern Ave in Henderson to dine here.

• Visited October 2012

Las Vegas, Nevada
“THE absolute BEST!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Friends keep trying to get us to switch r fav sushi house, but honestly none of the others can compare! The ambiance, freshness, originality, service & friendliness have yet to b beat! The chefs will cater to UR wants - suggesting or creating Ur food UR way! It's worth every penny!!! :)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Teppanyaki is good, and they have a tatami room for small parties if you want”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've gone to the teppanyaki area several times for birthday celebrations as well as family dinners. It gets a little expensive though for a typical night out, and I'd rather eat in the regular room in front and eat off the normal menu that's half the price. I don't need the show. Since one of our extended family members enjoys the filet mignon when its cooked on the grill, we end up in the back though. When there's 4 people, that bill is over $120!! And whatever you order is cooked on the flat top, and distributed to everyone. So if you have an expensive shrimp and beef dish, everyone gets some of it, making your dinner less... but I noticed we don't get the filet mignon that my family member orders. It's not fairly distributed. My kids will get some of my food, and I end up getting a piece of their chicken in exchange for my shrimp. :( That's the only thing I don't like about the place. But opt for the fried rice, its the best!

Visited May 2012
New York City, New York
“Kind of Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

The service was very good, the atmosphere was appropriate, the decoration was nice, but the food, which is the primary reason you go to a restaurant, was average. I know they have another location in Las Vegas, and some friends highly recommended this other location. Only one of us (party of four) ordered sushi as an appetizer and I was told that sushi is their main thing. They have many special and exotic sushi which we didn't order and now I am regretting that. But when I look into a Japanese restaurant, I usually judge them by the simple tuna sushi, or their sashimi which is a simple cut of different fish. This really show you the quality of the restaurant. There is a big difference in price between different cuts and different individual fish and its up to the chef (or maybe the owner) to decide which cut to purchase. So I had a grilled salmon with a teriyaki sauce. The sauce seemed to me as if it was bought in a supermarket. I am used to when I go to a Japanese restaurant to have a home made teriyaki with onions. This one was plain. The salmon itself was not bad. But it wasn't that great either.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best Japanese Food In Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

We just LOVE Osaka. The sushi is fresh and always made perfect. We have always had the best experiences at Osaka in Henderson- whether we are with our whole family, sitting at the sushi bar or eating at the Teppan grill. Thanks, Osaka, for always providing great service and an amazing culinary experience!

• Visited January 2012