“Owner lied & has not refunded money for a room we refused to stay in” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Henderson

Americas Best Value Inn Henderson
Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn Henderson to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn Henderson
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   85 West Lake Mead Drive, Henderson, NV 89015   |
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Gold Coast
“Owner lied & has not refunded money for a room we refused to stay in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

It was a Thu night & we were looking for a hotel with a non smoking, quiet room with a comfortable bed as the next day we were flying out of Las Vegas to LAX, with a 5 hr wait plus a 14 hour flight back to Australia so we had hours of travelling ahead with not much sleep due, which I told the owner this & he said 'yes, yes, we have non smoking room with comfortable bed etc' so I paid for a room but when we opened the door it smelt of toxic smoke and my husband said 'we're not staying in this room' (it was also next to the ice machine) and put the luggage back in the car. I touched the bed lightly just to see what it was like and it felt like a slab of concrete and the carpet & furniture looked grotty so I went back down the office where he grumpily tried to give us another room which I had a look at & exactly same thing even same concrete bed so I asked for a refund as the rooms were not as he told me they were.
His wife started screaming at me in some language & waving her arms at me to go away so I refused to budge & rang the bell until he came back where he took my card & then handed me a sheet of computer paper which had minused the room off it saying he had given me a refund!
We've been home 3 weeks now & have checked my card statement & there is no refund on the room & they haven't answered my emails about it so now it's war starting with this review! I'm not going to let them get away with keeping my money for a room I just looked inside & did not stay in!
We travelled right across the USA from West to East for 6 weeks staying in 40 different Motels and not once did we ever have a room that we rejected & went elsewhere - some were better than others for the same money but nothing was as bad as this! We ended up going a few kms up the road & got a Suite hotel room with buffett breakfast for just 5c more plus the beds were luxurious which completely made for a restful night so we were very glad we stood up & not put up with the rubbish room offered here. Americas Best Value Inn should remove this hotel from their chain!
Signing off - one angry Aussie lady who will ensure she gets her money back - I have only just begun! Avoid this motel!

Room Tip: Avoid this dishonest hotel owner - dare you to sleep on a slab of concrete iunless that's your t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Henderson? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Americas Best Value Inn Henderson

Address: 85 West Lake Mead Drive, Henderson, NV 89015
Location: United States > Nevada > Henderson
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Hotel Class:2 star — Americas Best Value Inn Henderson 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com and Tingo so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn Henderson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Lake Mead Hotel

If you own or manage Americas Best Value Inn Henderson, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.