“Not welcoming of friendly :(” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Henderson Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Henderson Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Henderson Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1553 N Boulder Hwy, 9 Miles From the Strip, Henderson, NV 89011 (Formerly Holiday Inn Henderson)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
BEST VALUE RATE BOOK NOW
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Paddington, Australia
“Not welcoming of friendly :(”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Arrived about 5ish after a long day driving. When we arrived the two ladies on the reception were occupied between themselves. When they attended to me they could not find my booking. It turned out that it was in the fax machine(the computers where not working). I had booked online in the car on the way & unfortunately I booked for the 16 June instead of the 15 June. I apologised profusely for my error & asked if they had a room available anyway. I was informed that I would have to call head office to fix it. I was told the phone number just like that, not even written down for me. I requested most politely if I could borrow their phone I was looked at for a time until one of the ladies woke up & dialled for me & passed me the phone. I eventually got a room, but the whole experience was most uncomfortable, unfriendly & unwelcoming. I had also just decided to join the rewards system as I had already stayed 3 nights in other best westerns (we are driving from Seattle to LA in 5 weeks). Luckily the receptionist in the morning was friendly w a smile on her face.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
WestwayMidwest, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Henderson Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. It has been difficult on our staff and guests to have our hotel management system down but there is no reason you should have been treated in a less than caring manner.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 702-564-9200.

Sincerley,

Management

Toledo, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

What a great place to stay. We checked in staff was friendly, took a little longer than usual due to the server being down but it was worth the wait. Rooms were very clean and very spacious. I would recommend this Best Western to anyone. The continental breakfast was great! So many choices and very tasty. Well worth the price for the stay, only minutes from the Las Vegas strip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We started our stay in Vegas at a timeshare near the strip.So-so. Extended our trip a few days to check out Hoover and the Grand Canyon. We should have skipped the timeshare and come here directly. Only about 11-12 miles from the strip, you can experience all the excitement, the shows, the crowds, and noise, and then come back to a quiet, relaxing refuge. Hoover dam is only about 20 minutes away, the Grand Canyon maybe a little more than 2 hours away. Beautiful rooms, very clean, excellent staff. Forgot to pack a corkscrew for the wine, walked into the lobby and before I could say a word the young lady at the desk was handing me one.Bell carts at the front door so you don't have to make several trips from the car to your room. The breakfast was in a dining room with plenty of food and choices. The bed?? One of the best hotel beds I have ever slept on. I love a firm mattress and I slept like log. Wish I could have brought it home with me. Skip the over priced, noisy, crowded hotels downtown and stay here, you'll be glad you did. I know where I will be staying anytime I'm in Vegas.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Buckinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We spent our first night of a recent US tour at this hotel after flying in to Vegas airport. We chose a location just out of the city, on the route leading to Hoover Dam and our next base in Flagstaff. After picking up our hire car and encountering the "wrong" street names we realised that the rental car centre had moved! No matter: the receptionist at the hotel not only produced a map showing the new location, but printed off a complete itinerary for what would be our final day's journey back to the centre. The hotel itself is spacious, has large clean rooms with comfortable beds and one of the best breakfast offerings on the circuit. Only one minor moan: is it really necessary to have quite so many TV screens all around the perimeter of the breakfast seating area?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We wanted to use the Las Vegas area as a stopover on our way from Arizona to Idaho and found this hotel on Trip Advisor and are glad we did. It was clean, quiet, reasonably priced, and well-equipped with a microwave and fridge. I appreciated the fact that the fridge ran quietly. So many times hotel refrigerators are very noisy and need to be unplugged in order to sleep better.
Breakfast had a wide variety of choices and was available in a large room instead of in just a wide spot in the lobby.
There is no place to eat within walking distance, but within a five-minute drive every food franchise known to man is available as well as countless stores and shops.
The Las Vegas Strip is 11 miles away and easily reached in a few minutes so if you don't crave the glitz of Vegas and want to save some money, this could be the hotel for you. If you are merely staying overnight on a trip to somewhere else as we did, it is ideal.
One minor glitch - the Kleenex dispenser in the bathroom was empty.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Spokane Valley, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have been to a lot of best westerns and enjoyed my stay. If you are looking at the other reviews on here please ignore them. They haven't been in recently and what ever they experienced was not true to how the hotel is at the present. I will break down my bad experience for you now so hopefully you don't have to go through it. We checked in and the place smelled like urine. We were unsure at first and thought it might be the cleaning products. Then we got to our room and it smelled so bad we were just about choking!! The windows did not open so we couldn't get any fresh air. So we went outside and handled our business for the day then we came back to use the pool which was advertised as heated but it felt ice cold so we decided to just sit outside. Then a huge bus full of teens that were in town for a soccer game invaded the hotel. They stomped, screamed, yelled, laughed, and talked as loud as possible on every floor. The hotel staff acted as if nothing was happening and didn't even try to calm them. They had to know a group of that size was coming in advanced but they didn't bother to strategically place them segregated from other guests, NOPE they just put them right around us on several floors. At 11:00 pm we knew sleep was not possible so we checked out. We asked for our money back because we didn't sleep they said no just go to a different room and we said no we want out and they said ok but you have to pay FULL PRICE!! They didn't offer for a manager we had to ask and then they said he was not in so we would have to call him. We called twice and he didn't answer the third call he finally did which was a couple days later!! He said 50 percent of our money back was fair even though we shelled out over a hundred bucks to stay there and had to switch hotels in the middle of the night because they couldn't handle business the right way. We said no and he said if we didn't like how he handled business that we could call the corporation because he is in charge and was not going to do anything else. He was super COLD. I contacted corporation and they offered me 45 bucks toward my next best western stay but i didn't want another stay after that. I had to contact their supervisors and they said they would cut me a check for 45 bucks instead along with the regular managers 50 percent back which would just about be my full money back. The negotiating to get it all took me a couple days and was terrible! DO NOT STAY HERE!!! GO TO COMFORT INN!!! We went there in the middle of the night and they felt so bad they gave us the maximum discount on our entire stay!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Justin C
Vancouver, Bc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Wanted to be away from the busy-ness of the Las Vegas strip, and I got it. Staff friendly, courteous & helpful. Included breakfast was above average w bacon, eggs, yogurt, granola, etc. WiFi spotty at times. Found previous occupants sock in the closet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Arthur W
WestwayMidwest, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Henderson Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Mark Abramvovitz