“Consistently good” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mission Viejo, California, United States
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Whenever Im in town on business I will stay here as its close to my office. Service is always good, the rooms are well kept and there is a variety of restaurants in the area to choose from. The evening reception with beer/wine and appetizers is a nice touch. Good job!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Plainfield, IN, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Get away from the traffic, the crowds and the slot machines! Have a wonderful compimentary breakfast, unlike most high-dollar casinos! The rooms are clean and comfortable and we will be back. We are a senior couple visiting children and grandchildren who live in LV.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I am always a Hampton fan but what's wrong with this one? To be fair, I love this hotel in many ways but a few bad experiences during my 4 nights stay makes me think twice about coming back or recommending this place.

Arrival: The hotel is currently under renovation. Expect the 'construction look' - plastic hanging as wall separator, and pink and yellow construction tapes at the lobby. Somewhat dusty.

Check-in: I didn't experience the same warm and hospitality that I had in other Hampton. I think the staff are generally not well-trained. No smile, and the first greeting was 'what can I do for you?' The check-in was kind of strange - the first person checked us in and handed us the key, and quickly rushed away. No one bother to apologize for construction mess, or tell us about the happy hour, breakfast hour and location, or where the elevator was. (It was not obvious)

Room - We were at the 4th floor. Sparkling clean white duvet, linen, and towels. Kudos to the housekeeping. Room has refrigerator, microwave, large TV, good size desk, and hair dryer. No problem with Internet connection. Apart from occasionally loud noise from the fridge and slow hot water, I think it's good overall.

Happy Hour - From Tue to Thurs, the hotel has Happy Hour from 6-7pm. They serve soup and salad, beverages, cookies etc. Donna who hosted the Happy Hour was the ONLY person there who understand hospitality. Her cooking was great and hospitality was top notch! The room just brighten up with her in it.

Breakfast - Pretty good there. They have variety of hot items each day. Fruits are fresh and plentiful. Also available are cakes, muffins, oatmeal, cereal, waffles and gluten-free bread! They even have soy milk for your coffee or cereal. Excellent work. Breakfast runs from 6-10am but the staff closed the door and took away the food starting 9:50am.

So, what's wrong?
--------------------------
I feel like I didn't get the best of Hampton here. The construction caused me to sneeze every time I come down to the lobby. I hate walking out the elevator and greeted by a pink construction tape that says "DANGER". They used Rose Room to host breakfast while the normal breakfast room is under renovation. From what I can tell, it is going very slow.

As if paying normal rate to stay in a "construction site" isn't bad enough, the management attitude really annoyed me. One day we came down at 9:30am for breakfast. At 9:50am, while many guests were still eating (and some just walked in), the breakfast staff quickly removed the food and locked the door. At 9:55am, about 10 Hampton staff & workers stormed in the room, chatting as they walked in, some carried boxes and they started to take over other empty tables around the guests who were still eating. As it turned out, they wanted the room for management meeting.

I can totally understand that they need to use the same room for meeting but the way they executed it was really unprofessional. The manager should have waited for the guests to vacate the place first. If you absolutely must have the meeting at 10am sharp, then please post a note at the lobby a day or two before that 'Breakfast will be closed early at 9:30am on xx day". Under no circumstances they should storm in the room and make the guests feel like we need to rush our breakfast to make room for them. We pay to stay there, and it's our business that pay for their salaries.

There were 2 other observation with the front desk that gave me bad impressions with this hotel, but the one described above is by far affecting me the most. By day 5 morning, I was happy to leave this place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Destiny D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Las Vegas South, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Codebeans,
Thank you for your review! We always appreciate guest feedback, good or bad, as it can only help us to improve. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of the renovation, I know it can be a headache as well as underwhelming to look at, however every single Hampton property built prior to 2008 is required to undergo this renovation, and we are certainly trying our best to make the experience as painless as possible for our guests and our staff. I'd also like to apologize for intruding on the breakfast space, as we certainly did not mean to make you feel uncomfortable. Obviously we are short on space while the construction is going on, and we did have a required presentation scheduled for 10:30am, and just to be accurate, we did not even enter the room until 10:15am, at which time breakfast was over. At that time there were a total of 3 people in the room, and I personally said aloud, "don't mind us, I apologize, we're just setting up for a meeting". I obviously did not intend to be "unprofessional". I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and happy hour as well as the room itself, and I am shocked to hear that the staff was not friendly and did not describe our amenities, as that is a complaint I have not heard before but will certainly address. The construction to our lobby will be completed next month, and we are confident the result will be impressive, so we do invite you to stay with us again. Thank you and happy travels!
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this beautiful hotel on St. Rose Parkway in Henderson, NV - The entire staff was friendly and helpful - we were comfortable and slept great! Our cat loved it here too, he was relaxed....and felt comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I am very happy with Hampton Inn. I have always found their rooms clean and comfortable. The breakfast in the morning is a great value. The employees are kind and courteous. I enjoy their hotel gym. My choice for a hotel will always be Hampton Inn wherever I travel. Thank you Hampton Inn!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Salt Lake City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Check-in staff were very helpful in providing details of amenities offered by the hotel, along with area businesses (restaurants, etc). During our stay, we needed extra items for the care of our infant grandchildren, and rather than having to find a local store for these items, the staff provided these items for us free of charge. Rooms are very clean. Hotel seems of new construction. Hotel is pet friendly, which was a big reason for choosing this hotel, but I would definitely stay here again during other family and business travel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Culver City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This was a very nice hotel at a very reasonable price in a convenient location! I appreciated that they supplied a roll away bed so our family of 5 could stay in one room. The room was large and clean. The hotel had a nice breakfast and pool and spa. There was also an exercise room and a business room with printers/copiers etc. Nice and helpful staff. Also, the place had NO slot machines for which I was grateful. Every place else in Las Vegas you can't get away from them. It was nice to have a family friendly hotel to stay at and recommend to friends.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Las Vegas South? Share your experiences!