“Typical HGI...and that is OK” 4 of 5 stars

Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Typical HGI...and that is OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This HGI is a good representative of the HGI group. They are all the same layout/facility. It is the staff that makes them fail or stand out. The staff at this HGI was fine and the property was well maintained. I go to Vegas several times a year for non gaming reasons and was looking for an alternative to a casino property. This HGI fit the bill and I will most likely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
nvensor, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
mnbob2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you found our property to your satisfaction. I will be sure to share your comment with all of our team members and we hope to see you return again soon!

Nastassia Vensor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great time here! Close to Lake Mead and Vegas! We didn't have to go all the way to Vegas to have a great time. It's right near sunset casino where we had a great time! We were a large group and they accommodated us all

• Stayed August 2013
nvensor, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Shelly R.

I just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at The Hilton Garden Inn / Henderson. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will let all of our team members know that they contributed to your enjoyment. It is great to hear you found our property to your satisfaction and we look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the not too distant future. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to impress you!

Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Lobby is clean but the rooms are a bit frayed. The walls are thin allowing neighbors conversations and antics to penetrate your sleep. First Garden Inn that I have been disappointed in. Had fun with the staff at breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
ild

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at The Hilton Garden Inn / Henderson. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time and effort to give us your feedback on the service you have received. Your response will help us in providing a high level of service for your future visits. It is our goal here that you are extremely satisfied with every aspect of your stay and we appreciate you letting us know where our opportunities for improvement lie. I will be sure to share your comment with our team to ensure a more favorable experience for you in the future.

Lake Havasu City, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

At first arrival the appearance of the lobby and helpfulness of the staff was excellent. However, directions to the location of my room left me searching the hallways. Once I found the correct corridor, I was assaulted with a stale smell of a used dirty ashtray... I hoped this would dissipate through my stay, but that never happened. The carpet in the room was so dirty I dared not walk in my bare feet or socks. The furniture was also substandard for a Hilton and was grungy. The HVAC would not maintain a comfortable temperature. It would swing from cold to hot to cold. Sleep was very distressed due to these temperature fluctuations as well as the uncomfortable mattress. The breakfast area was very disorganized leading to total confusion on what I needed to do to get a hot meal. Also, the load shouting of the cooking staff at the floor help was distressing. I was eventually instructed to have a seat and they would get me what I wanted and was abruptly presented a menu with breakfast options. No explanation of what was on the menu, just a quick "here, what would you like!" I ordered and was left sitting with nothing other than my wits. I then got back up from my table and got some water to drink while still listening to the back room shouting orders and other rederick to fellow staff. My breakfast was finally served and was a much lower quality than I could get at IHOP. I attempted breakfast again the next day, but this time I was totally ignored by the staff. I sat for 10 minutes while they ran around decorating tables and not once was asked what I would like for breakfast! Again, the same bolstering voices emanated from the kitchen area. I left and never returned for any breakfast the remainder of my stay. Now the evenings... It was my understanding they would have horderves or other food items available as well as the bar being open in the evenings. The fist night, nothing was open! The next night, they had some food and I was told by the front desk I could take it to my room since I had some work to attend to. When I asked the bar staff, they said no at first, then said just this once. When I didn't want an alcoholic drink, it was apparent in there attitude they were not happy with my decision and I was abruptly dismissed. The next evening I decided I would kick back and go to the bar for a drink and maybe a little snack. This was an experience... The bar tender took my order, took my money, gave me my change, and proceeded to serve everyone else at the bar! I never got my drink! He did realise the error of his ways without any coxing from me. He profusely apologized and presented my drink after discovering his oversight. I also must add, $5.00 for a bottle of bear is quite exorbitant! Additionally, at the time of my arrival at the bar area, around 5:30 PM, there was no food laid out or present. I thought maybe I was to early for the evenings festivities. So I hung out at the bar until approximately 7:30 PM having a delightful conversation with a few other guests. No food was ever brought out! Instead, I was presented another menu with a few food choices at ridiculous prices. I did not order or have another drink, I just decided this was not the hotel for me. My stay was to be for two weeks, but I couldn't take it anymore and checked out to register at another hotel. Some other issues included limited television channels, lack of communication to the guests on hotel amenities, terrible odors in the hallways and rooms, overall appearance of the rooms, burned out lighting and lack of lighting in the guest rooms, disorganization of the dining area especially at breakfast, overpriced food items, and unprofessional support staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

John M.

Thank you for your recent stay here at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time and effort to give us your input, as it assists us in making changes to better serve our guest. I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered on your recent visit. I have shared your comment with our management team to make necessary changes. We hope you will give us another opportunity to impress you and if there is anything else I can further assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 702-322-9000.

Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Typical Hilton Garden Inn, great reception area...warm cookies. Good wifi in the rooms, as you would expect it. Not real convenient to the airport. The conference I attended was scheduled here and the meeting rooms were good as was the food and the service. Will not disappoint. Just do not use if you have people travelling in from out of town. Although they offer an airport shuttle, it is every two hours. A taxi is 20-25 minutes.

Room Tip: I always go for the top floor away from the elevator!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Donnaj13

Thank you for staying at our hotel. We're glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service along with our delicious cookies! We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for giving us the opportunity to impress you!

Laughlin, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I went to a concert in Vegas. Driving back to AZ after the show, i decided I was too tired to finish the trip. I stopped here around midnight to see if they had any rooms available. They did. I got my room fast, I got my typical Diamond member perks and it was off to the room. After My easy check-in, i got a second wind. Wouldn't you know, this hotel shares a parking lot with Sunset Station. Perfect. For those who don't know, Sunset is a nice size Casino popular with Locals. No crowds ever. Always has decent live shows on the weekend. Good drink service.

Back to the hotel. Besides sharing a parking lot with one of my favorite casinos it has much more to offer.
-Breakfast is the typical HGI breakfast, great.
-The bed I slept in was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in at an HGI.
-The staff was all smiles and very friendly, even at midnight.
-The pool looked wonderful, I wish i had brought my trunks.
-Did I mention the bed was awesome? I slept like a baby.

After seeing what this hotel has to offer, I am going to plan a trip back here during football season. Sunset is a ton of fun on Sundays during football.

This hotel comes Highly recommended. I will go out of my way to tell people visiting the Vegas area about this one.

Room Tip: ask for the non-adjustable beds
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
nvensor, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Rick S.

Your comments about your recent stay at our hotel made all of us smile. It is so great to hear that your whole experience here at The Hilton Garden Inn/Henderson was wonderful. Easy check in, great breakfast, friendly staff those are all wonderful comments and I have shared all of them with our staff members. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to impress you and we look forward to your next visit!

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is my second stay at Hilton Garden Inn Henderson and I highly recommend it. Rooms are nice and very clean and the pool is pleasant. I ate at the restaurant several times and the food is good and not too pricey. It is near to many good shops and also the Galleria at Sunset. It is very easy to find from the car hire! Just turn right then left and keep going. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
LadyLizzie

Thank you for choosig to stay at our hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff members were friendly and helpful. It is also great to hear you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. I will be sure to share your comment with all of our team members and we look forward to your next visit.....safe travels.

Nastassia Vensor

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Las Vegas/Henderson? Share your experiences!