“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 27 hotels in Henderson
Owen Sound, Canada
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We always try to stay at a Homewood Suites if possible, the beds are awesome, large rooms and always a great hot breakfast. Great location for us to leave Las Vegas and get headed out to the Grand Canyon. Bed was so comfortable, a great night's sleep after traveling all day, many restaurants local to hotel as well.

260 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Whittier, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My first thought when I entered my room was "I could live here".

I recently stayed 2 nights (Fri and Sat). My two-room suite was quiet, clean, large and comfortable. Sure this hotel does the basics well (free wi-fi and wired Internet; complimentary breakfast is way above average; friendly and helpful front desk staff; plenty of free parking; new comfortable furniture). But also there are nice little touches that stand out for me, things many other hotels do wrong such as:

- the shower has high nozzle and non-slip floor
- fully equipped kitchen with burners, dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator
- door to seal off bedroom from the rest of the suite
- two large flat-screen TVs (one in bedroom one in living room)

Overall this hotel is a really good value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Santa Fe, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Great place to stay. Attentive, friendly staff. Well appointed rooms. Breakfast was excellent. Dinners served (weekdays only) were excellent. Used the hot tub daily... very nice. Excellent value. If I travel to Henderson or Las Vegas again, would DEFINITELY stay here again!

Wahiawa, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was a great hotel and the staff was friendly. The pool was nice and the rooms were large/clean. There was a living area with a bedroom door which was nice for adult privacy. One of the best features about this hotel was the "welcome home" dinners served Monday through Thursday, five pm to seven pm. They were complete meals and the food was very good. This saved my family of four a bunch of money as we were on vacation. We would definitely stay here again!

Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed here for five nights (2 bedroom suite) in September 2012 and had a great visit. Although it was a little awkward to find (off a busy street, behind a strip mall), once we found it everything went smoothly. The bedrooms were roomy with lots of closet & drawers and a nice bathroom in each room. There is a small gym and an outdoor pool with hot tub. There is a buffet breakfast that has lots choices, defintely a great deal for the price! If we are back next year, hopefully we'll be staying here again. Great value :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

What I will never understand is why hotels can't clean the carpets. You have staff utilize them. The hall carpets on main floor and fourth floor and ridiculous like a transient hostel.

Breakfast choices could be better.

Housekeeper on more than 3 occasions shows up in jeans flip flops our house shoes and T-shirts.

Uses gloves to clean your room and toilet then uses those same gloves to handle your face cloths and clean dishes. Really?

Not for families.
Front desk staff can be stand offish and not Hilton caliber.

Manager Mike saving grace for that place.

• Stayed September 2012
kjohns418, General Manager at Homewood Suites Henderson/South Las Vegas, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Greetings,

Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations for service and cleanliness. I have shared your comments with both our front desk and housekeeping teams to correct this. I understand the condition of our flooring was of concern; I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. We will be conducting a deep cleaning of all flooring in the near future as part of our refresh project. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area so that you may experience the clean and caring stay you expect and deserve.

Kyle Johnson
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed at Green Valley Resort two nights prior to checking in to this hotel. I must admit I was bummed to be leaving such an amazing resort; that is until we checked in. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was awesome; new carpet, fireplace, huge bathroom with granite, full kitchen with granite. I never walk bare foot in hotel rooms and I never let my 2 year old roll around on the carpet- we did both here. I don’t think we will ever stay on the strip again. For now on this is our hotel of choice while in Vegas. For a 15 minute drive you get a hotel that’s half the price of a strip hotel and twice as spacious and clean.

Room Tip: I can't imagine any of these rooms are bad.