“A hidden gem.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Description: Phone 702-558-5488
“A hidden gem.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

It's certainly not on the Strip, but it's worth the trip to get there. Emery's in old town Henderson is a real find. Fresh fish, wonderful Italian sauces on every pasta imaginable as well as a wonderful selection of salads, not to mention home made desserts, pies and tiramasu make for a very enjoyable meal, and at a very reasonable price. $10 corkage is also attractive! From Las Vegas strip hotels it's about a 30 minute drive. 306 Water Street in old town Henderson. Try it, you'll like it!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Diamond in the rough!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I found this diamond a few years ago. The food is consistanly excellent as is the service.
I always suprise locals when I suggest this restaurant, "I've never heard of it", we proceed to have dinner there, and it's always at the top of their list of restaurants to return to.
Last night I had the salmon tip....excellent!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
U S A
“Family Owned & Run; Need I Say More?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

What a wonderful place! Small, family owned and run. WONDERFUL! Sure, when they get super busy it takes a while for them to see everyone. But the food is well worth the wait!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“GOOD FOOD/POOR SERVICE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We booked a reservation for 4 people on a Saturday night. Bread was brought to the table with a thimble size of butter for 4 people. Great butter, sort of a garlic spread. We had to ask for the side bread plates though. No water was placed on the table, we had to request it, I guess? The water was finally placed on the table at the same time our cocktails were being served. And another note...the water glasses were NEVER refilled the entire evening as they sat empty on our table! We asked if they had regular cocktails as well as the wine list we saw on the table and were told "of course." One guest ordered a Kahlua & cream, sorry...no Kahlua. A Seven & Seven...sorry, no 7-up...we only have Sprite. A Bailey's please, sorry...we only have Frangelica. Myers & coke...sorry, we only have regular rum. So no, they don't REALLY have cocktails there...waitress shouldn't have said "of course," but rather "limited selection of cocktails." Nobody ever came back to ask if we would care for more cocktails, as our drinks sat empty on the table for a good 15 minutes before a second waitress appeared at our table to take our dinner order. Choosing appetizers, we were surprised to find Emery's must think they're a true gourmet room, our two $10 crab cakes were no larger than a silver dollar but displayed nicely with sauce. White table cloths, a bistro cozy feel to the pleasant room, gives you the impression you are in for a nice meal and one would EXPECT the service to be much better. Emery, you need to give a lot more training to your waitresses. The 4 appetizer plates sat in front of us, along with our empty bread basket and empty cocktail glasses for a good 15 minutes, before we had to flag down a different waitress to find someone to please clear our table! A THIRD waitress cleared our table and said "Then I guess you all are ready to put your dinner order in now???" Yes....asking if the Caesar salad was a "true Caesar" and prepared table-side with anchovies and egg, she quizzically looked at me and said "no, it's in the kitchen." Empty salad plates sat in front of us another 15 minutes or so, while we watched the restaurant fill up (approximately 10 tables) and waitresses scurried back and forth like chickens with their heads cut off. The Caesar salad tasted like it had bottled dressing. Nobody looked at our table or the guests seated next to us (they shared the same poor service problems with our table as we all laughed about how comical it was becoming). Finally we flagged down our waitress (after 3 different waitresses, we weren't certain WHO our waitress really was!) to please clear our salad plates. She told us to "take your salad forks off your plates and save them for your main course." My husband said we weren't going to place dirty forks on a white table cloth and re-use them for dinner..."please bring clean forks, thanks." We asked to order a bottle of wine so we'd have it with our meal. She said she'd be right back and returned 10 minutes later. The cold bottle of white wine was placed directly on the table cloth, no towel draped across the top of the bottle for drips, no ice bucket. Nice $40 bottle of wine just set on top of the table! I ordered my own glass of red wine and it was brought to the table 10 minutes after the bottle of wine was set down for our other two guests who ordered the bottle of wine. My husband asked for a third wine glass so that he may take a small sip from our guests bottle, that glass never made it to our table so he took a sip from our friends glass...such poor taste. Main course arrived...Fettuccine Alfredo with an extra cost because of shrimp...five tiny little shrimps set directly on top of the dish. Again, Emery's serves as if they think they are a gourmet room on the Las Vegas Strip but is nowhere near a gourmet room...so why the tiny portions like a gourmet room? Large portion of Fettuccine with a large spoon stuck in the middle of it. We had NO FORKS (remember, we refused to take our dirty salad forks back?!?), and sat there watching our meals get cold as we unsuccessfully tried to flag down every waitress who scurried around the room, to bring us 4 forks so we could begin eating! The waitress who served us the main course finally appeared from the back and yelled across the room, "hold on, I'll be with you in a few minutes!" One of our guests got up from the table, walked over to her and told her we were sitting there for several minutes with no forks to begin eating. We needed utensils to start our meal. She came to our table 5 minutes later and angrily placed 4 forks on our table. You could tell she wasn't happy, not good. Here comes the spit in our dessert, mumbled one of our guests. Ugh. Sea Bass was another main course that we ordered, tasted wonderful, nice portion size, moist. The main course dishes sat dirty in front of us for several minutes (who would have guessed?!?) until we began moving them to the edge of one side of or table, to give them a hint to pick them up. So sad to do that...I don't like to be embarrassed in a restaurant and don't like my evening ruined by bad service and an incompetent staff. I wanted to take my remaining portion home, asked for it to be wrapped and was surprised to have a tiny Styrofoam box practically thrown at me as another waitress tossed it next to me as she scurried past our table to another table. Just tossed it and didn't say anything. Gee, I guess I'm supposed to scrape my main course off my plate right here on the white table cloth and box it up myself?!? No bag for it either! I let it just sit there and decided NOT to take my remains home. Our original waitress stopped by and asked if I was taking my food home, I said never mind. She politely said "I'll take it in the back and box it for you" and took the plate away. "Gee, here comes the spit," remarked one of our guests! She brought it back, quietly set it down on the table, the box was in a bag. I wasn't brought a bag when the previous waitress tossed the Styrofoam box down the first time. We were asked if we cared for dessert, we politely declined. The waitress then immediately took our check and placed it on the table while my husband was in the restroom. Emery, tell your wait staff that you never place a check down until ALL the guests are at the table (especially the men who normally pay the check) and they are to FIRST ASK if the guests are ready for their check! We may have wanted after-dinner drinks, no??? Just because we declined dessert doesn't mean guests don't like an after-dinner drink. The men left a 25% tip after much discussion among the 4 of us. The waitresses didn't deserve a 25% tip after their incompetent service. But that's the owners fault for NOT properly training his waitresses about proper service. There were three different waitresses who served our table, we really couldn't tell who the main server was. Maybe all three ladies had to split the same tip? We hated to leave a small tip in case they had to divide it up. Not one waitress ever stopped by our table to say "thank you." That was really bad. Most waitresses/waiters receive the check, see the sizable 25% tip and at least stop by the table as we are leaving to say "goodbye or thank you." Nothing. Nobody even said goodbye, goodnight, as we walked out of the restaurant. Unbelievable because it's such a small restaurant and you can see everyone who walks in and out the front door. On a check well over $200 for 4 people with a 25% CASH tip, nobody saw fit to even say goodnight or thanks for coming! Whew. Almost 3 hours in a restaurant to receive all our courses (everything took so long in between). So expect to be there for a long time, expect to look at dirty tables all around you as other guests leave...their tables sat dirty/unbussed 2 hours after guests left. Not enough help or not trained properly is my opinion. We OWNED a few 4 Star Italian restaurants in Manhattan for over 25 years. NYC is a picky place, yet we don't bring our picky expectations everywhere we go...but we do EXPECT a certain level of service and training when we go out to dinner. Sadly Emery's failed miserably.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
daejon
“Delicious and locally owned. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The food was awesome! My parents and my nephew stopped in for a birthday celebration and they accommodated all our needs. The owners were actively present throughout the restaurant and very friendly.