“Beautiful staycation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Diamond bar, CA
“Beautiful staycation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was skeptical about outdated amenities from other reviews but want to give it a try any way and also to stay away from the naked bt. posters every where on the trip. Surprisingly updated, high ceiling and very spacious for our 2 br 2bt. The only outdated is the box TV in the master bedroom but living room has a 32 flat screen. I booked the Luna di Lusso lake view but end up had the resort view at Viera. The hotel sold out and promised to move us higher up for the lake view the following day but we did not want to pack up and move, so we stayed on the second floor, looking down to the shops. The area very deserted but beautiful with nice long path around the lake. It has nice entrance together with other hotels and the surrounding are beautiful and well kept. Close to Railroad museum, Hoover Dam and Lake Mead where we visited. Walmart and other fast foods 4 miles down, 20 minutes from Sam's town where we go for buffet and 30 minutes to south las vegas outlet where we did our shopping. Overall the distance farther than from our usual stay south of the trip, but took the same travel time as we did not have to deal with traffic on Las vegas trip. Pool area and sand spot look fun for the kids on the summer so if the deal still good like now (counting the resort fees), we might be back.

Room Tip: Viera building, higher floor would be best with the lake view and the shops view down below.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Grass Valley, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked four rooms, three two bedroom units for last weekend for three days. Without an exception everyone in family raved about the facility and the beautiful rooms. If you are looking for a high quality quiet resort on a lake at a reasonable price, this is the place. Stunning!

Room Tip: Get a one or two bedroom overlooking the lake! Be prepared to think you are paying $500 a night! L...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
AstonMonteLago, Manager at Aston MonteLago Village Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello,
Thank you for your glowing review of our property. We are so happy that your family had an amazing time and we look forward to seeing you again soon! Please sign up to receive special return guest discounts via email.
Orange, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked 3 rooms for the week over Thankdsgiving thru Interval for family reunion. The rooms were very nice, spacious and clean. Had a wonderful dinner across the lake at Bernard's Bistro. Out of the 21 nights we paid for thru Interval, we used only 11 because family schedules, I knew this going in. But what I wasn't aware of, even tho the rooms sat vacant 10 of the 21 nights we were still being charged a resort fee of $26 a night per room PLUS mandatory state tax. I had told the front desk saying our room was checking out a day early and the others were already vacant, only to be told a week later when I saw my charge card online & called that it had been too late in the day (2:30) to have our rooms cleaned. I didn't expect our room price to be refunded, that was paid in advance thru Interval, but I didn't expect the resort fee to be charged when the room was vacant because of "late checkout". Won't be coming back here, not matter how good the room price may be, beware of the resort fees and absolutely no attempt at understanding why I was upset at paying almost $800 additional for "resort fees and taxes".

Room Tip: Overlooking the lake is very pretty
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
AstonMonteLago, Manager at Aston MonteLago Village Resort, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I am thankful that you enjoyed the rooms and the property during your stay with us. We do have many wonderful restaurants here at the village as well. Unfortunately, when you book through interval, you are required to pay our $23 plus tax a night resort fee whether you are actually on property or not. This can be reviewed by viewing page 2 of your interval confirmation. Upon viewing your folio, I did notice that our staff did waive one night's fee per room. I hope that this helps and we also hope to see you again.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

There really is nothing to do here, there's a pub and a restaurant or two, but the casino is closed. The room was great, we had a 2 bedroom apartment type. Very spacious, and a great view of the lake.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I hope that next time you come to visit you are able to enjoy one of the 5 great restaurants in the village as well as our multiple shops. There are also great walking, hiking and biking trails as well as electric boat rentals and man powered equipment rentals. There is always something to do here at Lake Las Vegas and our staff would be happy to make recommendations for you! We look forward to seeing you soon.
Las Vegas NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

I booked a room here for a place to crash after last weekend's beer festival. During check-in, I discovered that we were getting a room across the bridge in the Luna building. We drove around, parked in the underground lot, and took the convenient elevator to the top floor. Everything great so far.

The room surpassed my admittedly meager expectations. Not sure if we got lucky or if they are all like this. It was very spacious and clean. The kitchenette has everything you might need--fridge, dishwasher, microwave, stove. The separate bedroom is large for the single king bed it houses. Same thing for the bathroom--huge and bright with updated amenities. The balcony faced west and had a nice view of the lake. If there is one thing that needs attention, it's the outdated TVs. At least there was one in both the living room and the bedroom.

It later dawned on me that this building used to (or possibly still is) a condominium. The mailbox cluster out front was my first clue.

My girlfriend and I ended up on the sofa bed. At first contact, it seemed like it would be terribly uncomfortable. But we both woke up the next morning enjoying a great night's sleep. Perhaps that was the alcohol.

My one complaint? Why on Earth would you ever, EVER close the bridge? When we were walking from the room to the main village, we found that the bridge was closed until 6:30pm for a wedding. That's just a terrible idea. (1) It's very inconvenient for your guests. I admit that the walk around wasn't that bad in the end. But the idea that you're basically cutting your guests off from the majority of your resort is just silly. (2) The bridge is so unfinished. Why would you want to hold your wedding there? The security guy said it only happens a few times a year. How about never? It's dumb. Stop it.

So yes, I'm allowing that to bring my rating down. We definitely had a nice stay, but the bridge thing is just bad business.

Room Tip: Rooms across the bridge (Luna) are former condos with kitchenette, separate bedroom, and large bathr...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
I am so glad you were able to come out and enjoy our resort during the beer fest. It is one of our favorite weekends. I am so glad you enjoyed the unit that you stayed in. We have to agree with you about your one complaint. Unfortunately, the Hilton next door to us owns that bridge and does shut it down from time to time for events. It makes it frustrating but we do have our inter-village shuttle that can pick you up from the Luna building and bring you to the village. I apologize that this was not offered to you. We hope to see you again soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014 via mobile

The temporary manager named Scott is a horrible person. He reprimands customers in front of other customers is completely unprofessional. He made claims that a lady who stayed there made the room smell because she had dogs which they allowed in with her. According to this lady the sprinkler system broke in that room and there is mold and mildew you all over. When she first arrived there it had a funny smell to it. When she opened up the dishwasher there was mold and mildew inside the dishwasher because it did not work. There was also a leak where the dishwasher was broken so she could not use it at all. She made no complaints about this and did not have a phone for over a month that she stayed there. They said they were going to charge her because of her dogs. I guess we are all wondering why they waited two weeks to even say anything about it. I think they realized that there was something wrong with the room prior to that and laying blame.The problem is that he did this in front of other customers and he made himself look pretty bad. I also know this GM to be one that talks about his employees behind their back with other employees. Extremely poor management and poor business practice. I will not stay here again that was someone like that running the place.

• Stayed September 2014
We apologize for the trouble that you had and witnessed during your stay. We have taken your comments under consideration and will work to make the experience better for all our guests.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

I stayed here because a family member referred me here. The rooms are nice and the view is beautiful. I also came here since I had my kids with me. It was very disappointing that the pool closed at 5pm. That gave us little to no time to enjoy the pool. You have two beautiful heated pools as well as a spa hot tub and its 84 degrees outside, why close at 5? I heard many other complaints from other guests too that this is just a ridiculous time. It is very heart breaking to me to have to tell my kids that they can't go swim after a long day in the sun on the Strip. And if you want guests to be here more in the day than have shops and a casino that is opened! I will not be staying here again!

Room Tip: pay the extra amount to get a lake view room
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
I am so glad you were able to enjoy your room and the gorgeous views that we offer here. We are working with the HOA to lengthen pool hours during the winter as the pool at Viera is open until 10 PM in the warmer months. There are many more things available to occupy guests' time like the paddle boarding and other water activities, walking, hiking and baking trails, shopping, dining and boat rental. We hope that next time you are able to enjoy all the amenities our property has to offer.

Been to Aston MonteLago Village Resort? Share your experiences!