“good not great” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Birmingham, AL
“good not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We chose to stay at Aston Montelago for our Las Vegas wedding. We thought our parents who were flying out to meet us in Las Vegas would prefer to stay off the strip and our wedding was not on the strip so we thought this would be a low key way for us all to enjoy the occasion. When my husband's parents arrived (a day before us) they took a cab from the airport and were disappointed to find the entire place was empty and all of the restaurants and shops were closed for the evening. They could not locate an ice machine or a vending machine. When my hubby called to inquire, they said there was no ice machine and that they suggest all guests stop at Walmart on their way in...no one ever told me that on any occassion when I had called and emailed with other questions. When we arrived (with a rental car) we took everyone to Walmart to get snacks and such so all was well. The grounds were beautiful and the front desk staff were friendly to our group. We were very disappointed in the "casino" which is really just an electronic game center. The bartender was rude and charged us for drinks even though we were gambling at the bar (though he probably didn't notice as he was entrenched in a conversation with someone else and only half acknowledged our presence). The "sports book" was really just a kiosk where you place bets and otherwise looked like regular sports bar with lots of TVs.The rooms are fine, not great, but clean. My biggest complaint with the room was no full length mirror (as a bride I couldn't see the full dress). I would offer one note- THIS IS NOT A HOTEL. This is more like staying in a condo without the amenities of a hotel. If you want to stay here be sure you rent a car so you can get snacks.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Trabuco Canyon, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Our family has stayed in this hotel for several years from 2003-2012 and we will NEVER return! This hotel use to be very clean with beautiful grounds with a friendly staff. This year it is the furthest from the spectrum...the hotel smelled like sewage, only one ice machine in the whole entire hotel and it never dispenced more than a cup of ice at a time. Our room was filthy, pull out couch was broken and maid service did not vacuum our room during our stay we had to ask her on the 5th day to please vacuum and she was rude and said she did.(popcorn crumbs and dirt was on carpet) When I spoke to the hotel manager Steve Collins about our not so pleasant stay and issues he did not apologize for our bad experience and hung up on me after speaking to him for the 2nd time that the couch was still broken and not fixed. The only reason we pick this location is because its close to Lake Mead but in the future we will stay elsewhere. If you are looking for a 1 star hotel look no further but if you want a nice experience look somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I am thrilled to give is resort no stars based on the fact that I am still sitting in the lobby two hours after my arrival and still can't check in. I called in advance to make sure an early check in would be possible and was told there were no occupants in the room before us so things looked good. I don't begrudge them for renting the room out if they did, but the front desk staff has made no attempt to accommodate us with another room, offer a place to relax while we wait, or offer any real attempt to help us feel comfortable, despite knowing we woke up before 2am and traveled 10 hours before arriving. Thanks for nothing.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Am staying here now.. The AC does not properly functioning.. It make the room hot and cold during SUMMER time. The staff does not respond well nor to provide good solutions. Does not recommend this place to anybody even to the dogs! Will never return!

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed here after drive from trip to California thinking it would be more quiet than the strip and more appropriate for my two preteen girls. From 10pm until 4 pm a party raged throughout the hall, yelling screaming music etc. a call to the front desk revealed no security and nothing could be done because it was a condominium/ resort. So after another call at 4am where I requested number to local police they then said they would call and hung up on me. I am not hard to please just wanted a quiet nights sleep. They are uncaring about the hotel guests. Would never stay here again. Oh and the advertised free wifi is not in rooms only in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2012
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I received an e-mail around July 2nd,2012 Promoting a Live Country Music Performance to Happen on 4th of July from 4p-10p, Sounded like a Fun time,and a great alternative to fighting crowds to see Fireworks(which I wasn't interested in seeing anyway) So my family and I arrived at the Village about 7p on 4th of July,and headed over to the Outside stage area,To my suprise there was no sign of Entertainment at the stage. There were plenty of People sitting on the Grass & on Picnic Blankets and chairs with the same expectations. I walked inside the casino,went to the Players Club,and asked where is the Country Music Band that is to be playing tonight? He said upstairs second floor bar,I looked up the stairs to find a " 1 Man band with a guitar, not what was advertised in the e-mail, this is not the first time we were lured to the property for an Outdoor venue event, back in the Fall of 2011 they had a Arts Show that was to run until 5p ,we arrived about 3p,all was closed up for the day. (weather was in 80's so perfect for an outdoor event. I wish they would realize that the business' that depend out the extra foot traffic in the Village are the ones suffering when they Poorly plan an event. Yes I am a Henderson resident,but the Venue is beautiful,it would be Great to see more Happenings there on a regular basis.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
las vegas nv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

The MonteLago Resort was a perfect relaxing getaway. We were in the luna di Lusso building across from the village. The staff was pleasant and competent. The hotel was clean and offered all the amenities we needed. The pool was clean and inviting and we enjoyed it as a way to relax and unwind before venturing over to the village for dinner and a free outdoor concert. The lake is always in view with large tour boats, gondolas, paddle boats and paddlers in kayaks or on surfboards traveling by. The resort was not crowded, encouraging the laid back atmosphere we encountered throughout. The shops were staffed with very friendly employees who engaged customers in conversation, but there was no pressure to make purchases. We enjoyed everything about the resort and left feeling quite relaxed. We would definately return for another quick overnight getaway.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Signature at MGM Grand
#12 of 270 in Las Vegas
4.5 of 5 stars 9,664 reviews
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa

Been to Aston MonteLago Village Resort? Share your experiences!