“Empty and I can see why” 1 of 5 stars

Type: Casinos
Attraction Details
Michigan
3 attraction reviews
“Empty and I can see why”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

We used to visit the Klondike when family was in town to play the $2 blackjack and 10 cent roulette. We also would go every few months with the quarters that we've saved. We'd bring in our quarters, sit at a coin-fed machine and play about $30 through and then cash our quarters in at the cashier. We figured why pay 10% to coinstar when we can run 10% of our quarters through at one of the few casinos with coin operated machines and then have our quarters counted at the cashier for "free". When we arrived last night there was NOBODY in the casino except for the employees. We had a lot of quarters, we dumped them into their cups and went and played about $30 through without winning one red cent. When we took the quarters to the cashier we were told "You broght those in from OUTSIDE. We can take OUTSIDE quarters. Outside quarters will jam our machines!" Really? They didn't jam the machines going INTO them? They'd rather have NO BUSINESS WHATSOEVER than to have the cashier run the quarters that were left through their counting machine? I see no reason to return. We'll play cheap blackjack at the El Dorado from now on....

Visited June 2011

Grand Canyon, AZ
“Dingy and Depressing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

There is no more blackjack dealt here, just one lonely and faded roulette table and some slots. If you're gambling here, you might not have hit bottom, but you can see it from here.

Visited February 2011
New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
“Was FUNKY, now JUNKY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

For many years this little off the beaten track small casino, was the home of $2.00 blackjack and a great place to visit if you wanted to gamble, but not lose too much. It and it's long since closed sibling in Las Vegas had been favorite hangouts for us on our biennial trips to Las Vegas, and I have previously reviewed it favorably here. All that is gone now - it is not even a shadow of its former, friendly, family run funky little gambling hall self. The Twenty One tables are covered with ill fitting cloths, and a few locals show up to play the slots and watch the roulette wheel spin. The cafe is closed. Even the outside sign reads only "DIKE", but this place has lost far more than half of what lttle luster it used to hold. To be avoided! (We did find that the nearby Sam's Town always has one or more three dollar two deck Twenty One games going, free drinks, and if you play for several hours even at the minimum table, get a card and ask to be comped at the in house TGI Fridays. It is our new home for cheap backjack.)(

NJ
“Fun, Friendly affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

My wife and I are from New Jersey and our favorite place to visit is Klondike Casino in Henderson. Everyone is so friendly and Mr. Parks makes us feel right at home. We go to Las Vegas twice a year and go to Klondlike everyday. Thanks for everything Mr. Parks!! See ya soon.

San Diego, CA
“The Klondike Sunset is great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

My first gambling experience in las Vegas was at the old Klondike Casino that used to be on the strip. It was my favorite place. A couple of trips ago, I found the Klondike Sunset Casino run by the original Klondike owner's son, , and am I thrilled that it is there! It is everything that a cheap gambler like me could love. Where else could you get 2 dollar doubledeck and 10 cent roulette? Where else could you gamble for two hours, win or lose 40 bucks and STILL get comped to a $20.00 meal and free drinks when gambling? Its just like the original Klondike, with the same atmosphere, all friendly employees and players. It is so much fun and I recommend it to all!!!