“Great little local hangout!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 64 things to do in Henderson
Shanghai, China
24 attraction reviews
“Great little local hangout!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is not a casino for those looking for the Strip experience. It is a great little slot machine only casino primarily frequented by locals. But I like the music and the staff is wonderful!

Visited January 2013

Moorhead, Minnesota
“handy location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Just driving down Boulder Highway and spotted the Skyline. Went in for lunch, food was okay but I do believe smoking is allowed as it was a bit hazy! Probably won't go back.

Visited March 2012
Dallas
4 attraction reviews
“Video Poker and Coin Machine Dreams!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I went to the Skyline based on a fellow video poker player I met at the Fiesta Henderson who was into video poker strategy. You will find MANY full-pay machines here, which is a great start. If you are into machines that still operate on coins, then you will be doubly enthused. There are also several full-pay TITO machines if that is your thing.

They held raffles every hour and announced winners, of both the raffle and jackpot wins which really took me back to the 'good ole days' of Vegas when the hotel/casinos weren't simply trying to pump as many people through as possible without any regard to humanity. The Skyline is like a place where jackpots are acknowledged.

I found that the staff were very friendly, though I did feel like somewhat of an "outsider" as the staff talked to many players by name and did not welcome me as a 'new player' which was a bit disappointing. The staff was not rude; however, they simply didn't embrace me as a new player as I would've liked. At the same time, the staff calls people "sweetie" and "sugar" which I think is an excellent way to keep clientele.

If you are opposed to smoke then you will probably die here, but I'm not, and I found this casino a great stop during my trip and I will certainly return again.

I did not try the restaurant, so I can't comment, but it looked like some good diner. Also, they did not seem to have a player's club as the machines had not card slot, although their in-casino ads did seem to say you could achieve free grub, although it wasn't clear how. If Skyline is reading this, please make it clear HOW players receive the free grub!

Visited December 2011
Las Vegas, NV
“The Skyline Needs a New Cook!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

My husband and I, and my in-laws, have been going to the Skyline for 30 years. Up until recently, the food was great--you could always run out there for a wonderful and inexpensive breakfast. But our last two visits, once for breakfast, and once for lunch, have been disasters. The breakfast was small and greasy and not properly cooked. I thought maybe we just caught them on a bad day, but the four of us were there yesterday for lunch and it was worse. The tea was not drinkable, we sent it back. My father-in-law's cole slaw was terrible, (we all tasted it--strange!!), I had the steak sandwich special and I wouldn't have fed it to my dog--it was just a small piece of ov ercooked gristle. And I got maybe ten french fries with it--not enough to even bother. Very uneven cooking and not worth another visit unless they change cooks. We left the restaurant hungry and very disappointed in one of our (former) favorite hangouts.

Visited July 2011
Central Texas
17 attraction reviews
“It's a casino and a slot machine museum... and that's a good thing so don't miss it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

If your uncle owned a casino this would be it. Kinda sweet and old fashioned. I asked about a players club and got a look like I was from Mars! But then again that's the same look my uncle gives me all the time. They actually have full pay video poker and that hasn't been seen on the strip in years! It was quiet on an early weekday morning. Easy in and out right off the Boulder Highway. Stop by to play the slots but hang around to see the owners great collection of antique slot machines that are on display. His collection includes a couple of Dewey Upright Slot Machines that have to be seen.