“For a secluded get-away, Ravella may have what you are looking for” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1610 Lake Las Vegas Parkway, Henderson, NV 89011 (Formerly Ravella at Lake Las Vegas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Leisure Escapes Special
Ranked #13 of 27 hotels in Henderson
Utah
“For a secluded get-away, Ravella may have what you are looking for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed in a number of Las Vegas hotels and casinos over the years, but I was surprised to discover this quaint little gem nestled away on the south of Sunrise mountain.

The Ravella is a secluded lakefront retreat--with emphasis on secluded! After driving off into the foothills away from the Las Vegas city lights, we wound our way into an elegant development that betrayed a mix of unfinished ambition and economic neglect. It is obvious a lot of money was spent on these developments and resorts, but the economic downturn has hit this Mediterranean-inspired resort hard even before it was completed.

We booked a Valentine's Day get-a-way and found a beautifully relaxing environment, with boutiques (a few were closed up), Italian gardens, ornate bridges, vine-covered balconies, and romantic trellises on the rough and rocky shores of Lake Las Vegas. If you want the typical, cliche-what-happens-in-Vegas-stays-in-Vegas night life, the Ravella is not for you. Despite our surprise at finding the place somewhat less populated than we had expected, we were not disappointed with our stay. We felt like we had the place almost all to ourselves -- which was what we were after.

Without hesitation, I will say this place has a lot of character! As we wandered around "The Village" shops, we were greeted by very helpful and friendly staff. One very understanding shop attendant, who fully empathized with our being unaccustomed to the flavor of the tap water, offered us shots of tequila instead!

We walked around the grounds, along the lake shore, into areas that were "under construction", enjoyed the roar of the water cascading over the falls, and explored the reception areas that were used for some very elaborate weddings.

We took a brief adventure out onto the lake in a pedal boat, then checked out the pool and private beach complete with pristine sand and ducks (or mud-hens?), and enjoyed beautiful lake and mountain views!

The room was spacious, with marble baths, separate showers and tubs, and comfy beds topped with down pillows and European linens. The layout of the hotel is a bit maze-like, with little corners and turns in the passage-ways... but you get used to that in short order. We did find it a bit annoying that the fitness center was located across the parking lot/round-a-bout in a separate building. Even in the desert, an early morning sprint across the cul-de-sac can be a bit nippy!

Of the sparsely-populated bars and restaurants we visited, the one that stands out is Bernard’s Bistro. Versailles-born Chef Bernard Tordjman's "California-French" cuisine in the spirit of Titanic is spectacular! The outdoor dining patio provided the perfect atmosphere for several lovely brunches and dinners. The place has the look and feel of a French café, decorated with Paris road signs and landmarks, surrounded by rich, dark wood grains. Tordjman can frequently be found chatting with guests.

Room Tip: Negotiate for a room upgrade. Get a room overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

713 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Full disclosure: I got sick at the start of this trip. I felt pretty good the first few days, but my last day there I stayed in bed the whole time. With that in mind, I'm being as objective as possible.

My wife and I stayed for a long weekend. The first thing we noticed was the parking garage - nobody was here! Well, there were some people, maybe 12 cars or so, but that's about it. For most of the time the hotel seemed like a ghost town. I think the only night the place was busy was Saturday night.

Our room was a king that faced the garden. The view was good, and the room had very nice finishes and was very spacious. However, there were two things that I did not like about the room. First, your options for charging your phone, tablet, etc. were very limited. Either you plug them in on the desk (which is a bit of a stretch from the bed), in a receptacle that doesn't have furniture near it (so its just hanging out on the floor), or you have to unplug a lamp so that it can be by your nightstand. Secondly, we were not happy with the bed. I think I had one decent night of sleep on that bed, and the rest of the time I was tossing and turning for the entire night. My wife didn't sleep well, either. I know that I was sick (she wasn't by the way), but I don't know if that made a difference. I feel that I can sleep almost anywhere (my wife is a little more picky), yet I couldn't get comfortable on this bed. I think the problem is that it is TOO soft. The combination of feather pillows and a bed that feels like you're sinking in it the entire time probably is why I couldn't sleep through the night.

Oh, and you get three pillows per person. One MONSTER pillow which you can't really sleep with, one regular size feather pillow, and a smaller one.

The bathroom, however, was excellent. Very clean, and nice finishes here, too! It also has a separate bath tub and shower, and a separate privacy door for the toilet.

The last day there we ate breakfast at their Medici Cafe. We ordered from the menu at the suggestion of our waiter (he said stay away from the buffet!). The food was really good. At first I thought it was a little overpriced ($12 for a breakfast sandwich and some potatoes), but we were getting free refills on the OJ, so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

We spent a little time in the casino, and its okay. No dealers for any games, everything is video (poker, blackjack, slots, roulette).

Finally, we walked around their little village one morning. The rest of the grounds are beautiful! We were too early to go into any of the stores, so I can't comment on content, but I did see several "for rent" signs in some storefronts (again, going with the ghost town feel).

I really wanted to give this place a better review. The hotel looks beautiful, it is a nice drive away from the craziness of Vegas if you need a break from all of that, and the whole Italian Village setting is nice (although it definitely isn't Florence - I've been there to know the difference). I suppose its hard for me to say I like a place when I couldn't get a decent wink of sleep the entire time. A hotel's priority should be giving you a comfortable night's stay, and I can't say that I had that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shannon B, Manager at Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay at the Ravella Hotel. We would also like you to know that we make every attempt to ensure that each guest has a relaxing and enjoyable experience. We do apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your trip.
La Habra, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I escaped to Lake Las Vegas this weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed the fantastic hospitality of the hotel staff. The hotel itself is beautiful. Such a rich and luxurious atmosphere. Our room was top notch and the room service breakfasts were tasty.

We sampled the fare of an Italian restaurant and an Irish pub in the adjacent village. Both were very yummy and the service was great.

We will definitely be back and we'll treat our husbands to this gem in the desert!

Room Tip: The rooms on the third floor are close to everything
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Shannon B, Manager at Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to write such nice things about our Resort. We value your patronage and look forward to your next visit!
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The resort is really nice & the food was really good, BUT, if you wanted to go into the strip it was $75 each way & the same with the airport. That's alot. They do have a casino & a little village area with a few restaurants & shops in the area & a pool in the Ravella Resort. I kept getting lost inside the hotel trying to find my way to our meeting rooms. I think they were trying to build up the Lake LasVegas resort area, but I don't think it turned out the way they planned. It was quite boring.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor overlooking the lake & pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate your patronage and would like you to know that we make every attempt to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay. If you would like to speak to us further regarding your stay please do not hesitate to contact us.
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed here for a night with a conference group. Hotel is superficially pleasant, but the hallways were really long, it took forever to get to/from my room, and the amenities are just so-so. I guess the location is somewhat appealing, off the strip and close to Lake Mead/Hoover Dam. But who thought it would be a good idea to build a Ponte Vecchio replica out in the desert? Food during our conference events was also pretty lame, I left the hotel so hungry especially because I couldn't find anything good in the village either. Also had the same problem with the hot water in my shower - took about five minutes to get to a temperature that was even remotely warm.

One very bright spot was the spa, which was wonderfully relaxing. I had two terrific services and enjoyed the facilities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I consider myself a seasoned Spa patron. It's my way to refresh and relax. This spa was a pleasant surprise. When you want to get away from the strip, this area Lake Las Vegas offers a beautiful escape from the noise, crowd and bustle of the strip.

It is located on part of Lake Meade so its great to be near some water in the dessert. The hotel is beautifully maintained and the spa is well appointed. The staff was accommodating and friendly, the amenities were pristine and the services were well done.
I had a massage, facial and pedicure. All were perfect. The architecture/decor will remind you of many places in Europe.

I really enjoyed my afternoon here and I highly recommend it for a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: I ony used the Spa, did not get a room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Shannon B, Manager at Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
We are truly glad that you were able to enjoy a lovely day at the Spa at Ravella. We strive for every guest to have a relaxing and enjoyable experience and we are glad that we were able to meet your expectations. We do hope you come back and visit us again!
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed at this location for one night in conjunction with a symposium. The hotel is beautiful enough, grounds well kept etc.. Rooms are very nice (if you can get in). Retail village has potential but lots of vacancies.

But what good is it all if the shower is cold. Bathtub hot, sink hot, but shower alternated between cold and lukewarm. One call suggested turning on sink taps to get hot water flowing (seems like they were aware of an issue). Made shower lukewarm ..... temporarily. Called in the problem, went out for evening, still cold shower the next morning.

Put food in refrigerator and turned it on, Next morning, all bad, fridge didn't actually work, and yes it was plugged in.

Wife has a keycard that fails to work, and she is locked out of the room (with her ID and wallet inside). Hotel would not re-issue key without ID (understandable), but would they offer a solution (like accompany her to room to produce ID) no, she is left to scour the resort to find me.

Very long walk from self park to room. No late check out given, but over 10 minute lineup at checkout counter.

Had stayed the previous 3 nights at Wyndham Grand Desert (timeshare), their service was far superior to Ravella, just not on a lake.

Thus concludes my first truly negative report here on Tripadvisor.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Shannon B, Manager at Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We would also like you to know that we make every attempt to ensure that each guest has a relaxing and enjoyable experience. If we are able to assist you further please feel free to contact us.

Been to Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!