“Meh - except for the lovely spa” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Priceline.com Booking.com
Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1610 Lake Las Vegas Parkway, Henderson, NV 89011 (Formerly Ravella at Lake Las Vegas)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 27 hotels in Henderson
Brooklyn, New York
“Meh - except for the lovely spa”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed here for a night with a conference group. Hotel is superficially pleasant, but the hallways were really long, it took forever to get to/from my room, and the amenities are just so-so. I guess the location is somewhat appealing, off the strip and close to Lake Mead/Hoover Dam. But who thought it would be a good idea to build a Ponte Vecchio replica out in the desert? Food during our conference events was also pretty lame, I left the hotel so hungry especially because I couldn't find anything good in the village either. Also had the same problem with the hot water in my shower - took about five minutes to get to a temperature that was even remotely warm.

One very bright spot was the spa, which was wonderfully relaxing. I had two terrific services and enjoyed the facilities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

650 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I consider myself a seasoned Spa patron. It's my way to refresh and relax. This spa was a pleasant surprise. When you want to get away from the strip, this area Lake Las Vegas offers a beautiful escape from the noise, crowd and bustle of the strip.

It is located on part of Lake Meade so its great to be near some water in the dessert. The hotel is beautifully maintained and the spa is well appointed. The staff was accommodating and friendly, the amenities were pristine and the services were well done.
I had a massage, facial and pedicure. All were perfect. The architecture/decor will remind you of many places in Europe.

I really enjoyed my afternoon here and I highly recommend it for a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: I ony used the Spa, did not get a room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Shannon B, Manager at Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
We are truly glad that you were able to enjoy a lovely day at the Spa at Ravella. We strive for every guest to have a relaxing and enjoyable experience and we are glad that we were able to meet your expectations. We do hope you come back and visit us again!
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed at this location for one night in conjunction with a symposium. The hotel is beautiful enough, grounds well kept etc.. Rooms are very nice (if you can get in). Retail village has potential but lots of vacancies.

But what good is it all if the shower is cold. Bathtub hot, sink hot, but shower alternated between cold and lukewarm. One call suggested turning on sink taps to get hot water flowing (seems like they were aware of an issue). Made shower lukewarm ..... temporarily. Called in the problem, went out for evening, still cold shower the next morning.

Put food in refrigerator and turned it on, Next morning, all bad, fridge didn't actually work, and yes it was plugged in.

Wife has a keycard that fails to work, and she is locked out of the room (with her ID and wallet inside). Hotel would not re-issue key without ID (understandable), but would they offer a solution (like accompany her to room to produce ID) no, she is left to scour the resort to find me.

Very long walk from self park to room. No late check out given, but over 10 minute lineup at checkout counter.

Had stayed the previous 3 nights at Wyndham Grand Desert (timeshare), their service was far superior to Ravella, just not on a lake.

Thus concludes my first truly negative report here on Tripadvisor.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Shannon B, Manager at Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We would also like you to know that we make every attempt to ensure that each guest has a relaxing and enjoyable experience. If we are able to assist you further please feel free to contact us.
El Cajon, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The hotel is beautiful. I love the surrounding landscape and it is very quiet. The gym and spa are very nice. The breakfast buffet is excellent and we had wonderful service from Pedro. I also had a very nice conversation with housekeeping. My only complaint is it would be nie to have a little store with magazines, drinks, and snacks available. Othere than that, it has been a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We are glad you had an opportunity to enjoy Lake Las Vegas and its tranquil surroundings. We appreciate the nice things you wrote about the Ravella Hotel and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful Beginning of our girlfriend weekend!

We enjoyed using Groupon for a Spa special of Massages, facials & a pedicure. What a fantastic way to start off.

Our comments:
Dianna had Aleeta for her pedicure. She was friendly, professional & I got my best pedicure ever! Followed by Julie for my massage. She did wonders with my neck & shoulders.

Kaye had Jamye for my 1st facial. If all facials are this great, I say have more facials! She was educated for my sensitive skin needs. And gave excellent recommendations for further care.

Sierra for my massage was outstanding! Best Swedish massage EVER! She has the hands of an artist!

Jeri says: Oh my goodness!!! Best facial ever from Wendy. So so good massage from Luca. Request him for sure. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013
Shannon B, Manager at Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your wonderful spa treatments at the Spa at Ravella. Our staff at the Spa work hard to give each guest a relaxing and memorable experience. We do hope you come back to have another facial, massage, pedicure or just to enjoy the beautiful surroundings at Lake Las Vegas. We look forward to your next visit!
New York, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had a one night stay at the Ravella in LLV. The outside of the property dows not seem to be that well maintained - especially the connection between the self park garage and the hotel and the attached Casino seems to be run down. I checked in rather late and the biggest delay I had was getting the front desk staff to talk about their overtime and pay me some attention. It took roughly 15 minutes and considering I was the only person checking in - very excessive. I asked for a high room away from the elevator and got a room at the basement (or at least below the lobby) and next to the elevator. Considering the late hour I took the key and headed off. When I got to my room some workers were coming out of it (I thought it was strange) with some equipment. They greeted me and went off. As I walked into the room I noticed the rug was wet and the room was sweltering hot (about 80 according to the thermostat). I put on the AC and settled in. The decor is unmistakeably Ritz Carlton and seems they kept the Ritz bedding which is quite comfortable. The room had a weird odor and took 2 hours to cool down, so I really didn't get a decent night's sleep. The room showed signs of neglect in maintenance with a dripping faucet, and chips and dings everywhere.
When I thankfully was checking out the next morning, checkout took 30 minutes - because of the line. There was a single person at the front desk who also served as technical support for the business center.
All in all - bad experience from all perspectives. Deteriorating interiors, poor/inattentive service.
I will not be back here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Shannon B, Manager at Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your visit. We would also like you to know that we make every attempt to ensure that each guest has a relaxing and enjoyable experience. If we are able to assist you further please feel free to contact us.
wales uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

my wife and i stayed at this hotel for 10 nights for the world championships 70.3 ironman, and what a wonderfull experience, it was totaly relaxing and placed in a lovely setting, the hotel has a complementary shuttle service that runs to the strip a few times a day, but we never used this. the only problem was that we paid $170 a night "ironman reduced prices" and the hotel wouldnt help out with transport for families on race day, which made our stay very stressful. apart from this, the hotel is total paradise and havent stopped talking about it since. i hope to return in 2013 and fetch my family. ps the breakfast buffet is fab!

Room Tip: all rooms have a great view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful comments! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to write such nice things about our Resort. We value your patronage and look forward to your next visit.

Been to Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!