“Attention to detail could make this place superb” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa

You added Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1610 Lake Las Vegas Parkway, Henderson, NV 89011 (Formerly Ravella at Lake Las Vegas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Military Family Rate
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Attention to detail could make this place superb”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Second time we have stayed here. Wife and I like it because it's so relaxing after the humdrum of Vegas. It's a lovely hotel but two things happened this time which were not dealt with as they should have been. Shortly after check in we notified reception that there was a large spiders web over one of our beds, containing some small spiders. We were assured that by the time we returned from dinner all would be sorted. It was not. We eventually cleared the spiders away ourselves. On our second morning we asked for two chairs to be placed on our balcony. 'No problem' was the response from reception. Needless to say they never arrived. We love the Ravella but someone has to get a trip on minor issues...or we will not stay again

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gemma S, Manager at Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you letting us know how your stay was and we would like you to know that we take your comments very seriously and will use them as a tool to help improve our customer service. We hope that you will come see us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Found Ravella from a Travelzoo offer. I am so glad I bought it! My best friend and I stayed two nights in room 1580. This room has a small balcony that over looks the beautiful gardens and shopping area. In the evening, We sat outside enjoying the band nearby playing jazz music. During the day we went paddle boarding. For only $20.00 an hour you can go paddle boarding. It was a blast! We then decided to relax by the pool most of the day while we were served drinks. There are walking trails on golf course area and near lake. We also had a spa treatment. The staff was amazing. Very helpful and energetic. Two things need improving: There is a restaurant at the hotel. They are VERY slow to serve. The other improvement needs to be communicating the extra fees. I did not realize if you buy the Travelzoo offer, and you bill charges to your room, they tack on 20 percent. This charge covers the tip. Not knowing this, I charged a few things to the room but paid the tip in cash. During checkout, I saw extra charges. I did discuss this with the front desk and with no hassle the charges were credited. For this reason, I still rate this place a perfect score. I will go back.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Gemma S, Manager at Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
We are glad that you had a relaxing enjoyable stay! Thank you for your great comments and we hope you come back to enjoy the Ravella very soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is my place of choice when visiting las vegas. Ravella is always quiet for a relaxing stay. Nice rooms, big bathroom with a soaking tub. You wont get a better stay anywhere else for the quality and price. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Dont park in valet. Self park.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Gemma S, Manager at Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thaank you very much for the wonderful comments! We are so glad we were able to assist with making your vacation more enjoyable!
Burbank, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was at Ravella for four days for a conference that happens five times a year, so will be back without a doubt. I am permanently handicapped from a crippling back injury, but my disability is not obvious and one would never assume I am injured or usually in excruciating pain.

The doors had not yet opened for a gathering in the Grand Ballroom, and there were no opened seats and after only 3-4 minutes of standing, my L5 Nerve Root impingement begins throbbing with pain. I frantically began looking for a place to sit down until our meeting started and luckily found an abandoned receptionist counter with a solitary chair that had my name written on it. I was happy to be sitting and to also have found a plug to recharge my phone while I checked messages and emails.

Suddenly I hear a very cheerful female voice calling out to me from the main hallway I had come down myself, saying, "Hey there. How are you doing?" I answered back, "Fine!" even though it took me a second to get a visual bead on her as I had my head down looking at my phone's screen. She was walking briskly and still asked, "Is there anything I can get for you? Do you need anything at all?" I was so shocked by her warm smile and authentic desire to help me even though I was clearly no where near a service area. It wasn't as if I had been staring at her as she walked by and she now was obligated by my eye contact to ask if I needed something, she literally went out of her way to engage me and I was grateful.

Later I ended up sitting in the lobby lounge area with friends who had already eaten and had been ordering drinks for a while. She walked by again, and I realized it was the same woman, but sadly wasn't serving our table. I placed an order for a salad and bought a stranger at the table a beer from our waiter, but couldn't help but say "Hi" to Rose as she flew by, and she acknowledged me with a smile that she knew who I was. She came back and lit up our whole table with her smile as publicly explained to my table how she had gone out of her way earlier to make sure I felt looked after and taken care of properly. She said we work as a team so feel free to grab her anytime as well if we needed anything. I am complimented her some more to my table after she departed saying that you just can't teach someone to smile so naturally and to be that sincerely concerned and caring.

Throughout the next four days I had the opportunity to be waited on by Rose on several occasions. Each time she made me feel like I was a Rockstar guest of the hotel and had such a sparkle as she effortlessly recommended several off menu items that I gladly bought because of her magical way of explaining how they were made and who made them. She even took the time to make me several special drinks herself to make sure they were done to my specific demands and again, I felt like a treasured guest.

The best example of someone going above and beyond the call of duty was on my last day at the hotel, I was invited to go down and eat by the pool. When we walked inside to order, I was surprised to see Rose there, because firstly, I had only seen her up at the lobby bar area the whole time of my stay, and secondly, I didn't leave the Lobby Bar area until after 4 am and she was still there after me. She lit up when she saw me too as she knew I was going to be easy and very complimentary. Someone had called in sick and so her manager had called her in to cover for her. She kept me company after I finished my lunch with my friend, because I didn't want to sit outside in the sun and go swimming. I ended up ordering a salad a few hours after enjoying the delicious fish tacos we had eaten earlier.

My phone died and I realized my charger was in my car and it was important for me to get it turned back on so I could finish up a couple of important meetings and had no way to connect with the people except from their numbers in my phone. I tried to find an able bodied staff member that I could pay to go to my car for me, but no one could be found as they were getting ready to close the pool for the day and needed everyone to help.

Rose volunteered and said she was getting off soon and would be happy to run all the way out to my car and back and said I didn't have to pay her, that she would be happy to do it for me. I was sincerely moved, and it wasn't until I described my car and the fact that it was parked in a handicap space that she knew I was handicapped. She couldn't believe it, but now seemed even more eager to help me. She unfortunately went up and down a parking garage I didn't even know existed, before finally finding my car in the further parking garage. She wouldn't accept a tip, even though I was very insistent and just kept smiling so genuinely, even though I could tell she was out of breath.

That is why I would hire Rose S. to work for my company in a heartbeat. She was above and beyond joyful to be around, but really tried to get to know everyone so that she would better know what to recommend for them. She blew me away and Ravella is lucky to have her.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We will pass on all the great things you mentioned about Rose! We look forward to your next visit and thank you for your patronage.
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

If you are traveling with a PET its $150.00 non refundable at the Ravella, thats just ridiculous,
the WESTIN next door which used to be an animal lovers hotel ( LOEWS ) is only $30.00,
and its just as beautiful of a property, maybe more..

The reservationist over the phone do not include the parking fee and resort fee in the total
when they tell you, thats about 38.00 more dollars or so.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We would also like you to know that we make every attempt to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay with us.
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed at the Revella for a few days. Property is well kept, great for walking around their little village by the lake.

The Room was large, I had a king size bed, linens were fine about 400 count with 7 pillows. All the amenities were there, good bathroom, Shower was large with glassed in almost steam room like quality. Double sink, which would be good for couples. The view was good, and my room was close to the elevators. Some rooms are really far from the main lobby, so ask if you don't want to walk 5 min to your room.

Staff is great here, really helpful. Everything was great..

Also, the doors stick and flash you a yellow so you can't get in. You don't have to go back to the front desk. Just Pull it in and it will reset the lock. Pull the door handle to you, put the key in and it will go green.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Gemma S, Manager at Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the nice things you wrote about our Hotel and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.
Decatur, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at the Ravella for 6 days for a conference taking place at the resort. Professionally, I am in hospitality management and customer service so I am probably harder to impress than most people. I'd like to give the Ravella 4.5 stars but that option is not given. While I can't give them 5 stars, I definitely feel they did better than 4 stars. The resort is lovely and the staff is very professional with an obvious desire to please. I was particulaly impressed with Marisol, my room service attendant. What a charming and caring young lady! She alone was worth the trip! It is true that my room could have used new curtains and carpeting, but the room was spotless with a distinct attention to detail. The lighted makeup mirror and the accurate bathroom scale were nice surprise touches!

My only negative issues were the loud music outside my room (in the courtyard) for 4 out of the 6 nights I stayed here and minor issues with simply getting bottled water with my room service meals. I ordered it with every meal and sometimes I received it and sometime I didn't. For those with special dietary needs be aware, the room service menu is limited. As a diabetic on insulin I can eat most foods if I can count the carbs to properly dose insulin. I was glad I had my taxi driver stop at a grocery store on the way to the resort. This, however, is not the fault of the Ravella. This is just something I have learned to be proactive about and deal with instead of asking for special meals (which is a pain in the neck for me and the staff alike). I did not use the pool, spa or fitness center so I can't comment on these features.

All in all, my well earned review is 4.5 stars. I am left with nice memories of a lovely stay and a stellar staff who consistently went out of their way to please!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. And glad that we were able to impress you! We understand that you have a choice of hotels especially in Las Vegas and we are honored that you chose us. Also, I will make sure that Marisol is aware of the kind words you offered about her.

Been to Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!