“4 Star Price (for Vegas) / 2 Star Service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa

You added Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1610 Lake Las Vegas Parkway, Henderson, NV 89011 (Formerly Ravella at Lake Las Vegas)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
California
“4 Star Price (for Vegas) / 2 Star Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

A 4 Star Property and Price... But do not expect a 4 star service, because you will be disappointed. We stayed in this hotel for two nights. I reserved the room for two adults and 8 years old at their website. It did not give an option with two queen beds, so I got the King bed... In the comment section I requested to be accommodated for 2 queen beds if possible or provide a roll away bed. We drove there from Orange County and got there late at night because of traffic. We called them on the way there to make sure the room would be ready for us. They told us that they cannot provide us with two queens bed and they will charge us $25/night extra for the roll away bed. My first problem This goes back to something I've notice most hotels do recently. They ask for number of guest staying in each room, but they would not tell you that they will charge extra for the 3rd or 4th person. Basically they do not disclose properly, and then they charge you at the end. To me, when I disclose that there are 3 of us, they have to either: 1. Provide us two queen beds. 2. Provide us with a King bed and let us know upfront that additional rollway bed would cost us (especially that we reserved the room for 3 people). 3. Provide us with a king and a roll away at NO COST.
Any way after going back and forth they said that they will give us the roll away free for the first night only. At the checkout, I noticed that they charged us for both nights... so I went to the front desk and told them about the promise we got on the phone... The guy that apparently was the manager completely got defensive; stepped back from the counter and in a very rude tone started arguing with me that I made the mistake the way I made the reservation. I wish someone would tape this guy; a perfect training material for customer service training "for what not to do". After arguing with him for about 30 minutes, he refunded me the roll away bed charges. Then there were their Valet service... very unprofessional... Other staff where not any better… from rude bartender to other staff giving wrong directions. Oh and one more thing, the package would come with breakfast... There was a buffet (scrambled eggs, Sausage and Bacon and some 7/11 quality sweets)... Not worth it. They could not accommodate the crowd of people for their breakfast so they moved us to a conference room for breakfast!!! We have to walk 10 minutes to get there from where the buffet was setup... One last thing I need to mention: we got our plate and went to the conference room to our table... There was not enough seat, we had to wait for another family to leave so we can sit... I could not find a clean glass for the juice, so I asked for one and the waiter used a dirty glass that was on the dirty dishes... Good thing I saw what he was doing.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

From the complimentary valet service, to the friendly reservation specialist...this hotel/casino excels above and beyond. We were delighted by the refreshingly large room with comfy king sized bed and luxurious pillows and sheets. A wonderful view was had from our hotel windows.
Harry's restaurant was our first stop for the delicious 'Bloody Harry', Vodka and Clamato juice with a spiced rim were accompanied by the Portabella Mushroom Fries and Sausage Stuffed Mushroom Caps. The house Pinot Grigio was crisp and refreshing, as were the misters that relieved some of the intense August heat.
Once our appetites and thirst were satisfied we headed to the Casino and enjoyed the everything from Three Card Poker to Black Jack and Roulette. It was interesting to play at tables that were computer run with no actual human dealing my winning cards. I had never played actual Black Jack (due to lack of confidence in my card playing skills I suppose) and this was a great introduction for me. For signing up for the Club Card we were awarded $22.00 of free play which we invested the following day in the Roulette machine.
Check out was a breeze. We simply pressed '0' and let the front desk know that we were departing and they then instructed the valet to bring the car around...it was just that easy.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Last week my husband and I took our first trip to Las Vegas. We went more for the hiking and sightseeing than the glitz and glam. For those reasons we chose Ravella over staying on the strip. The property is so beautiful. Our room was clean and extravagant with Frette linens and an all marble bathroom. My only complaints: the hotel tried to place a $50/day hold on the debit card for "incidentals" I had to argue to get the manager to agree not to hold $250 for our stay. The whole process irritated me as I think it's simply a way to manipulate customers into spending more money at the resort. We spent none of it! There's also a $22 per night resort fee. The fee includes two bottles of water, newspaper, access to the fitness room and tea! PLEASE, Ravella management, just charge more per night, because that seperate fee is ridiculous and it should least include the yoga classes and a discount at the marina! In the end, the manager lied to me and ended up placing a $150 hold on my account rather than the $50 he promised. The money is now back in my account, but it's the idea that I was lied to that angered me greatly. I also noticed a stain on our carpet, but I must say they were shampooing the hallway carpets the day we left. Overall, it's beautiful there and my husband and I greatly enjoyed our stay. There's nothing quite like the beauty of the desert...

Room Tip: All seem to have great views.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

This hotel is in Lake Las Vegas and we loved the views and it's surroundings. It feels like you're in a small Italian village, but only about 20 min from the strip. It's very upscale and gorgeous. If you want to take a break from the hustle & bustle of the strip, come to this place. It has access & a short walk to Montelago village which has restaurants and some shops. Albeit, the economy has affected this place so some shops/restaurants have closed.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the lake.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I was a guest of the hotel for the weekend (my expenses were comped). That being said, I can't recommend it. We were housed in one of the rooms on the bridge over the lake - because it was near the hospitality suite. But all the activities took place in either the lobby or meeting space - on the other side of the property.

There is a weird numbering system - the lobby is on the 3rd floor. Some elevators don't even have a 2nd or 4th floor button, you just feel off-kilter and somewhat lost all the time.

The final drawback for me was the ants in the room. It started out as just one, but got progressively worse. So bad that they sprayed while I was out in the evening & I fell asleep literally tasting the lingering the fumes. The ants may have been killed but I think I sacrificed a few brains cells as well.

This property was closed for about 6 months between the time the Ritz Carlton lost it & the Ravella bought it. I think it needs some more work before it's really ready for guests, which is sad because it's a lovely venue, the staff has a great attitude, and it's a nice oasis from the strip.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Great location for a nice getaway
Only downside was that the AC in our room was loud and didn't really cool the room down

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
North Richland Hills, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We took the cheap locals rate and decided to go and enjoy the Jazz on Saturday night. We stayed 2 nights and the overall experience was decent. I was suprised that this was once a Ritz Carlton. When in our room on the 4th floor you could hear the people with kids in the next room like they were in our room. Same thing when you were in the bathroom, looking at the mirror you could hear the other person across the wall taking loud and clear. It just seemed strange.
The bed was comfortable and all amenities we as advertised. We did not eat in the hotel except for a breakfast room service. It was good. We did not go to the pool as the weather was too hot for sitting in the sun for me. The rest of the hotel appeared tidy.
The price was right but the thin walls would prevent our return.
The wife did do one of their spa specials and said the experience was excellent.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!