I booked through the Hotel's web site online. I found the Dolce Summer Get-Away package and booked a room for one night during the weekday just to get away from the City. This package was better and cheaper than the Locals Package! I even upgraded to the Jr Suite room with a king bed.
It was about a 40 minute drive from NW Las Vegas. I did the self parking and worked my way to the front desk. The package included free Valet parking but I had the energy to park myself. Check-in was a breeze (about 3:00 PM). The Hotel and it's property are beautiful and charming not to mention very ROMANTIC. I booked a King Suite overlooking the lake and the view was perfect. This room had a double sink, separate shower & tub, two bathrooms and balcony off the master bedroom. Out of my 24 hours stay I must have spent a total of 3 hours on the balcony.
I walked the grounds and the village shops. During the weekday there was not a whole lot of people around. I was told it is more active during the weekends. The Resort has a small marina with paddle boats up to a small cruise ship. All are available for rental. The village shops were limited and they were mostly restaurants. I ate breakfast at the lower level restaurant of the hotel, which came with my Dolce room package. I had the buffet which I would rate above average. They bill your room for the breakfast and then credit it back when you check out. I did not try any of the restaurants in the village.
A note about the staff......usually friendly throughout the resort but I did see a couple things that disturbed me. One, it appeared the staff was shorthanded and overwhelmed. I learned that one employee is usually assigned to perform two or more jobs. This may explain why I saw frantic and stiff service at the front desk and valet area. Even the barkeeper was stiff and too serious for my liking.
Second, I saw a manager chew out the Valet attendant for standing around inside the lobby entrance. It was hot outside (106 degrees) folks and nowhere did I see a client waiting for any valet assistance. I thought the manager was unreasonable. Maybe this manager should have stood outside in the sun for 10 minutes to learn how to give a guy a break! Whew. Don't be afraid to tip the staff well, it's not them, it the management team that needs some human relations training towards their staff!
I would stay again for the great price I got but I hope they will learn to treat their employees better than what I saw. A couple employees really stepped up to the plate for me and I hope they can survive the scare tactics of their managers. Anyone else notice this?
- Also Known As:
- Ravella At Lake Las Vegas Hotel
- Ravella At Lake Las Vegas Hotel Henderson
- Ritz Carlton Henderson
- Ritz Henderson
- Ritz-Carlton Henderson
- Henderson Ritz-Carlton
- Henderson Ritz
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Mediterranean-inspired oasis in the Southwestern desert, Lake Las Vegas infuses a dramatic setting with unimaginable luxury. Ideal for professional retreats, family vacations, and romantic getaways, this spectacular resort entices travelers from across the globe with world-class golf, soothing spa treatments, and unforgettable cuisine. Located in the heart of beautiful MonteLago Village, steps from casino, dining and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com, EasyToBook, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.