“Amazing Thai in Las Vegas” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Toronto
“Amazing Thai in Las Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

On a recent business trip to Las Vegas one of the locals recommended Gaati Thai. Located in a strip mall off the strip (in Henderson) this place is a gem. There were 6 of us for dinner and we each ordered a different dish plus a couple of appetizers. I love Thai food and attempt to cook it at home on occasion. All I can say is that this is some of the best that I have eaten. There wasn't a bad dish in the bunch from the appetizers right down to the pineapple rice served in the pineapple. The spicy was perfect with the wait staff/owner asking how spicy we wanted dishes. With 6 people the range varied from fairly mild to very spicy and every dish was spot on.

The service was very friendly and very helpful. This place is well worth the trek off the strip to enjoy some wonderful food at a reasonable price.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Henderson, Nevada
“Truly worth a try...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My wife & I dropped in for lunch as we stumbled upon Gaati while shopping at Trader Joe's. We both had Tom Kah Gai - coconut milk chicken soup with lemongrass for a starter. My wife had the spicy mint chicken and I had red chicken curry. Having spent months in Thailand, the flavors at Gaati are authentic and I share others opinions about prices. All in all, I recommend Gaati for genuine Thai cuisine, even though it's 20% higher in price. But other Thai restaurants don't match the flavors at Gaati.

I've been back a number of times and it's never disappointed. Noodles are fresh and never dried. This family is doing a great job, combining taste and value. You bet it's worth a try.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Henderson, Nevada
“As authentic as can be found in America”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My wife and I have traveled at least 30 times to Thailand over the past 12 years. It used to be our get-away from Beijing. The taste at Gatti is truly authentic - another "tripadvisor" enjoyed my lunch selection today - dumplings with home made sauce and Pad Thai - an all time favorite. Noodles with remarkable flavor, fresh chicken - just enough in small, manageable pieces - bean sprouts, spring onion, a touch of fried egg. Not overdone with peanuts - a distraction. Gaati folks are very friendly - typical of the friendliest (Thai) people on earth. Lovely decor. We talked about going back for dinner with neighbor friends. I can't wait to take a client there and watch their response. And just down the road from home. Magic!

• Visited April 2012
Las Vegas
“Finally a Thai restaurant worth going to!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We've been missing a good Thai meal and Gaati fits the bill! Fresh homemade Gaati dumplings and their chicken pad Thai are wonderful with ample portions, friendly service, and a casual, quiet ambiance!

Mosier, Oregon
“Nice ambiance, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

This is a smallish Thai restaurant off Eastern Ave. in Henderson; it's nice... the interior of the restaurant is well done with curved walls and an open feeling. Food is very good, we had the eggplant and tofu pad thai; flavorful and we'll be back! Moderately priced, good value for price paid.

Wine and beer available, no bar.

• Visited November 2011