“Best Family Hotel Experience in the Las Vegas area” 4 of 5 stars

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2300 Paseo Verde Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89052   |
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Los Angeles, California
“Best Family Hotel Experience in the Las Vegas area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

My family and I accompanied my husband on a business trip at the Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa. The hotel was a great way to experience Las Vegas with a family, it was 15-20 minutes drive from the Strip, surrounded by a variety of shops and restaurants. There were several super perks: 1. The courtyard and garden area is very nice and the pool is fantastic for kids; complete with a sand bar and wading pool. The hotel even provides shovels and buckets and lounging rafts. My kids played for hours. There is a separate "over 21" pool area for adult guests who want to enjoy a swim and cocktail without dealing with kids. Secondly, the casino is on the 2nd Floor so we could get to our room and walk through the hotel without walking through a smoky game room. Also, the hotel air was very clean, not at all smoky. Downers, were skimpy but pricy drinks and our hotel view was of the parking lot.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

Came here for a conference. When I heard the hotel was in Henderson and not Vegas I was a little skeptical. I was expecting a normal Hotel, especially given the cost of about $120 a night. However I was very pleasantly surprised. This is a full sized resort with all the amenities: several restaurants, full casino, pool, wine bar etc. A great venue for a conference. The hotel is plush and has gone for the traditional look. Very well maintained and the rooms are great. The West Wing seems more up to date so you should grab one of these rooms. Only draw backs is obviously the location. It's no where near the strip, but I'm sure they have shuttles that can get you around. On my first night it was very windy and my room was in some kind of wind trap....very noisy. I moved rooms though which solved that issue. The parking is a nightmare to navigate and it's easy to get lost here ... its so large. Also the conference breakfast sucked ... but that's more down to the organizers than the hotel probably. All in all I could see myself coming back here with the family or work colleagues for a cheaper, just as good alternative to more expensive 'Vegas' resorts.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Mission Viejo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

We like many other traveler's were caught in the computer issues the hotel expierenced over Labor Day when the entire computer system went down - this prevented check in for several hours and rooms were now first come first serve. Ours was pretty much residing in the second level of the music playing parking structure, not such a big deal since we weren't in there much but you'd like a better room when paying a decent rate. Pool was great but some employee's were there with their kids at the cabana next to us and the kids would not stop kicking water on us and running into us with their rafts. I have kids, I understand but when you have yours next to people paying alot of money for a cabana while on vacay, at least have the courtesy to ask them to stop which didn't happen. We visited Terra Verde, food was great but had wine spilt all over our table with no comp. We left one of the few open blackjack tables as a result of the dealers rudeness - I haven't been so insulted by someone in a situation where they want me to play my money. Despite the setbacks, the people we were with made the whole trip really fun but the best night we had was the night we took a taxi to the strip and left GVR. I hate to do a post just complaining, we really did have a good time with our friends but for a hotel off the strip trying to attract people I expected more.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

This review is for the UNACCEPTABLE SYSTEM DOWNTIME of the hotel! Customer Service and Back-Up Plan is NO GOOD!

I pre-paid for two nights on 09/04/10 - 09/06/10. My parents live in Las Vegas, but since it's my mom's birthday, I want to surprise her with a stay at the Green Valley Ranch Resort for that weekend.

Since I got to Las Vegas late in the afternoon, we didn't care to go and check in until 5pm. It's very unfortunate that at 5PM, we are not allowed to check-in yet, because apparently their system is down. Ok fine, we can wait a little bit and maybe just stroll around the resort/casino while we wait for our room. Although they didn't even offer to keep our bags while waiting, so we had to carry them around. They got a credit card and phone number from me, and the lady said she will call when the room is ready.

It's been an hour or so, and no call yet. We are just hanging out by the pool which is beautiful by the way. We didn't get into our swimsuits, because we are hoping to get ourselves settled in our room before any activities.

I finally got a voicemail, and immediately went to Front Desk. The guy was nice and apologetic about us waiting blah blah blah. They said for the trouble they will give us $25 credit towards any meal/drinks. Oh well of course, you guys still want us to spend $$s on your restaurants.

Since there are 4 of us, I booked for a two queen bed room with a view, supposedly their Superior Queen Room. When the guy gave me the keys, I reminded him again about my pre-paid Superior 2 Queen Room. He thought for a few seconds, and he said I don't believe so, but if there is a problem just let us know and we can transfer you the next day. Oh whatever, since we've been waiting for so long, I didn't care but just go upstairs.

To my unpleasant surprise, I saw a King Bed with a view of nothing! I called the front desk right away, and the lady was trying to be apologetic again saying that the system is down! They didn't know which ones are king or queen beds! That is UNACCEPTABLE! She said that if we can stay for the night and will exchange when the system gets back up the next day! UNACCEPTABLE!!!! There are 4 of us and how can she possible make us sleep on 1 King Bed! Suddenly she said let me see and call you back. I tried as much as I can to be patient, but it's starting to get into my nerves because it is almost 8 pm and we don't have a room yet! My dad is supposed to be resting right now!

She called me and said, oh we have a two queen bed available, if I can go back downstairs and get the new keys. It was exhausting! We are carrying all our bags and stuff around the hotel the entire time!

We finally got back to the front desk, gave a key and they still couldn't give me the room that I paid for, which is supposed to be more expensive with a view!

Ok fine, I just wanted to get this over with and get a room for my parents supposedly to enjoy!

This was my first time here at Green Valley, and had the worst experience! I would have wanted to come back because I like the idea that is away from the hustle in Las Vegas Strip, but I don't think it's worth the HASSLE! It's unbelievable how a nice hotel like this can have the worst system and customer service!

The credit they gave me is not even worth the hassle and the expected room we were supposed to stay in!!!

I rated 3 our of 5 overall, because the hotel is really nice, clean, away from the hustle in vegas strip, nice pool area, not very crowded but for the EXPERIENCE, CUSTOMER SERVICE AND VALUE... It's not even worth it!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Las vegas Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

As most casinos in las Vegas they offer locals and players club members promotions for play the problem at GVR is every time you go to redeem the promotion at the kiois the system is down. when you go to the players club they just say we dont have any control over the matter but were working on the problem.The problem gets fixed but then its to late to redeem the promotion. my advise is stay away from any station casino the machines are tighter than a mouse hole and the staff dont care about you. Station casinos who ownes GVR is Bankrupt do to mis managment of funds and is in the process of being auctioned off. so they have to do what ever it takes to try and make a profit. go to a casino were they care about you the consumer like MGM resorts they care and ther machines really know how to pay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Clinton, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

This hotel is really excellent! The rooms are big, the service is nice! I highly recommend it. Make sure to check the online special and their webside

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Durango, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

My husband and I had a wedding to attend in Vegas, and this was the hotel the bride & groom chose for their guests to stay at. I’ll admit, I wasn’t 100% gung-ho on the Vegas thing, as I’m not a gambler, and I’m 32 now and my hard-partying days are pretty much over. I ended up having the best time and didn’t want to leave!!!

The hotel is really luxurious from the moment you walk into the lobby. Our room was beautiful!! It had a modern elegant feel to it. The couple had reserved a block of rooms at a special group rate, which was an incredible deal for us (sorry, I can’t remember how much it was). The bride and groom stayed in one of the big suites which we got to check out, and it was FABULOUS. The décor was beautiful and it was really spacious. It was on a higher floor, so the views from up there were really cool.

The grounds and pool area are really really nice. I could’ve just stayed at the pool the entire time and been happy as a clam! All of the lounge chairs by the pool are cushioned and really comfortable. They have waitresses walking around to serve you cocktails and food at the pool, which is great. They had more private lounging areas that looked like the ones the celebrities are lounging at in the all the trashy magazines. ;-) I never figured out if they were free or if you had to pay a rental fee to use those, as they weren’t as close to the pool so I preferred the regular lounge chairs.

I decided to treat myself and have my makeup done at the spa onsite. It is SO peaceful in there and really classy. The girl who did my makeup did a great job and was really friendly (I can’t remember her name now since it has been a few months…I want to say it was something like Elise or Elisa?? She was great.).

This hotel is located off the strip, which I liked about it. There wasn’t any reason to leave, anyways!! It had several restaurants in the actual hotel-we ate at the Chinese restaurant and also at the Pancake House a couple of times. Service and food were good at both. I had room service one afternoon which was decent (I was in a hurry so chose a quick appetizer, so it wasn’t anything fancy).

Just out the door of the hotel and a minute walk is a big shopping center with a coffee shop and some clothing stores and such. My husband had a great time in the casino. I met a friend at Quinn’s bar in the hotel which I enjoyed.

We used the business center once briefly which we were supposed to be charged for, but the guy working it told us not to worry about the fee, which was really nice.
Oh, and they provide a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport, so we didn’t need to rent a car.

The ONLY negative of our whole experience was that the whole place (except the rooms themselves) had a faint odor of cigarette smoke. I hadn’t been to Vegas in about 12 years, and now that most public places are non-smoking, I’d kind of forgotten that this would be the case here, so it caught me off-guard at first. It was a little yucky to walk around smelling like smoke, but it wasn’t enough to ruin my trip. The only other minor thing I would've changed was that I would have asked for a room with a better view-ours was of the roof and the front drive. It wasn't a big deal because we were mostly in the room just to sleep.

I would 100% recommend staying here for a luxurious and fun vacation. I think it is ideal for people in their 20’s and 30’s. I can’t wait to go back!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!