“Beautiful Resort, gorgeous pool area, casino was OK, food was OK” 4 of 5 stars

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2300 Paseo Verde Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89052   |
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
NJ
“Beautiful Resort, gorgeous pool area, casino was OK, food was OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

The grounds of this resort are really quite beautiful. We had an interesting experience where upon checkin we were told that we were "chosen" to go to their sister Hotel, Sunset Station since they had overbooked Green Valley. We didn't want to go there. If we wanted to, we would have booked it. The woman checking us in (Tamara) had an attitude to boot. Mind you, WE were the ones that were being inconvienced.

They did try to make right and gave us a suite and a limo ride over to the Sunset Station. The room was huge and beautiful, except that the TV did not work, the bathroom door handle was broken, and worst of all..hair in the shower drain. And, the drain didn't drain fast enough to avoid a small puddle...gross! The "good" news about Sunset Station is that the food was Excellent and the service, as well. The casino was was laid out nicely and was fun and provided "good play".

When we were brought back to Green Valley, we expressed our displeasure in the experience and were given a suite which had a beautiful patio overlooking the vineyard, along with $100 food credit. We were quite happy with this. As we pretty much lost a good part of a day with going back and forth and we needed to be compensated for all of this hassle.

I'm giving service a 3 star, only because the hotel manager made things "right", otherwise, it would have been a 2 at best. The casino payout wasn't great, Sunset Station and Red Rock are better. The steak restaurant was not good. The steaks were way oversalted to the point of being inedible. And wine was terrible.

Bottom line: If Sunset Station had the beautiful grounds and elegance of GVR, I would stay there in one red hot second. I have also stayed at their other sister hotel, Red Rock Canyon. Loved it there. It is a bit of a toss up on which of the 3 I prefer. Probably either Red Rock or believe it or not, Sunset Station.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

I was to have been a guest at the Green Valley Ranch for one night last weekend. Upon arrival at the hotel Saturday at 11 AM, I was disappointed to find that my letter faxed to the General Manager the day before had not been recorded, nor was the front desk agent willing to do check into my request for some sort of upgraded room. As I had been requesting a complimentary upgrade, I understand it is not always possible, but the 2nd floor room overlooking the parking lot was not what I was anticipating for the rate being paid. From the room I phoned the front desk to speak with the Manager on Duty to be put on hold for over 5 minutes before another young lady answered my call. I explained to her that I was not satisfied with the room and was told, she was not a Manager and I would have to wait for the Manager to speak to me. Another 5 minutes pass, another front desk agent tells me Manager is finishing up now and will be right with me. Five minutes later, no manager on this extended call. I hung up the phone, went to the front desk to speak directly with the Manager who unappoligetically pointed out he was the only Manager on duty and was "busy" (he had been standing next to me the entire time upon checkin, not lookign all that "busy"), I explained that I understood he was busy, but my frustration level could have been reduced if the first agent I spoke with had just informed me he was busy and offered to have him call me back, instead of putting me on extended hold. At this point, I'd had it and requested that my room charge be refunded, which he obliged to do, and I checked out. I understand when staying in Henderson, there are few options for "good" hotels, but with the service I was offered (or better yet, lack of service), I certainly won't be back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

Just returned from a 3 night stay at Green Valley Ranch for the 4th of July weekend. The location is about a 10 minute drive from a strip right next to a shopping plaza called The District. The hotel itself is lovely, the lobby has an elegant look and feel to it, and our room was quite spacious. We were in the East Tower on the 2nd floor. This faces the casino parking garage. While a strip view would have been nice (the hotel didn't seem at all to be packed), it didn't bother us. The bed is comfortable and the bathoom is quite nice, with a large tub and separate stand up shower.

Did not get a chance to lay out by the pool, but it looked quite inviting and there seemed to be a mix of people - families with young children as well as young couples. Did not venture into "The Pond" - there is a high wall around the outside. I'm not sure if this is to hide whatever activities were going inside or try to keep the loud thumping music from disrupting the rest of the resort. My husband and I went to the Spa to check out the sauna/steam room/gym/lap pool. The Spa was top notch - the disappointment being the loud music from The Pond drowning out the more serene music at the lap pool.

GVR put on an impressive fireworks display for the 4th and it was nice to be able to be by the pool and enjoy the show.

Ate at Sushi & Sake as well as Hank's Steakhouse. S&S is a smaller,open restaruant facing the casino. The sushi was pretty good and so was their selection of sake. Hank's was quite amazing. The decor definitely gave it an elegant feel - food was excellent (had the Chateaubriand for 2) and so was their martinis. Prices are quite high though, higher than what i would pay for a good steakhouse here in the NYC area.

The one thing that was really annoying was the resort fees. Yes I had done my research and knew there were daily fees $28 per day when its all said and done. I just think its ridiculous that I'm paying for the spa facilities that I may not use. I'd rather not get charged and pay for it if I choose to go.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Az
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

Stayed at GVR for 4 days, had 2 rooms. I stay in Vegas probably 7 days a month, traveling w/ my husband because one of his wk locations is Vegas. I havent stayed at GVR in probably 3 yrs and decided to stay there this trip since we had our two kids w us ( 15 & 16 yrs old )
The rooms are really nice. Regular size rm for vegas. The beds were comfortable but it seemed like our kids room was beat up a little more than ours ( we had a king rm, they had 2 queens) The bathrooms were nice, but small. The sister resort Red Rock has much bigger bathrooms.
If you play slot machines, you might be disappointed. It seemed like they were very limited to certain machines. Didnt see any top dollar, pinball, red hottie, etc ......
The cocktail waitress walking around the casino are very limited and rather rude, even tho i would tip them every time.
The service at the restaurants was all over the place. One day they would be great and the next time it was horrible!
The pool is a beautiful set up. All the lounges are very comfortable and the towels all seemed some what new, all tho one morning we did have to wait 45 minutes to even get towels. For the size of this hotel, I did feel that the pool was on the smaller size!
The hotel is probably a 15 minute ride to the strip ( on a good day, w limited traffic! )
There is a mall about 5 minutes away and there are shops and restaurants just outside the hotel. There is a cinema inside the hotel.
Here is the reason I will not go back ...... " resort fees!"
we had 2 rms for 3 nights and $24.99 a night!! Thats right, we paid $149.94 plus tax for "resort fees" on top of the reg price per night. Most hotels in vegas that are charging resort fees are no more than $12 per night. Everyone needs to be aware of these fees! And there are still many hotels in vegas that are not charging these fees (yet).
We usually stay on the strip. My favorite is The Palazzo or Wynn ( no fees) for the obvious reasons and location. The Bellagio, Venetian, Mirage, and Mgm are also great hotels!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

Booked hotel room online, decent rate as I attended a conference on-site. The airport shuttle only runs on a limited schedule. (9AM-9PM) I had to take a cab on the way back to the airport that was pricey. Upon check in, hotel staff were very nice, it was a little ackward finding my room. The room iself was one of the best I have ever stayed in. I had a suite which included a pool table and mutiple restrooms. The shower was my favorite part which included side shower heads and steam. This was great for my allergies. Ate on-site at the restaurants and they all had exception customer service and the food quality was top notch.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

Just checked into this hotel. I am staring at the concrete 4 story parking garage and i am checking out tomorrow. one hour ago, i strolled up to the reception desk. Here with my wife sponsoring a conference that decided to have it at the hotel. Since we were a marketing sponsor, we ended up bringing over 200 room nights to this hotel over the next 3 days. When i checked in, i received arguablly the worst room in the hotel. I spoke to Natha Alo the night manager and explained my company was on every sign around the hote for the big conference this weekend and that we were responsible for bringing over 200 rooms and i did not want to stay in a room starring at the concrete jungle.

this was suppose to be vegas, not a motel in Compton. Well he shrugged his shoulders and said i should go look at the room. i told him i stay in hotels more than 100 nghts a year and i knew a ground floor on the parking lot side would be bad. He said go look.

I looked and i phoned him back 5 minutes later and told him the room was brutal and that i needed to change or i was checking out. I brought my wife for the weekend and i was not staying at the motel 6. He said he would change me the next day for $20. I told him i already spent that in the mini bar but if he wanted $20 more dollars no problem but my experience was brutal.

I would never stay here...i would never tell anyone to every stay here. And i would tell everyone i know to run away from here.

It is in the middle of no where, the room is horrible, the manager is brutal, and they have never heard of customer service. If i want that i will stay at my mother in laws <g>

They must have a lot of job openings in vegas to have management as brutal as this.

From a Hilton Diamond member and Starwood Gold, Go far far away from this hotel. Don't wreck your vacation.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

This is a great place to have a conference. The facilities were excellent, and the hotel itself was more than we could have asked for. If you are coming to see the strip, you will need a rental car because cab fare would kill you if you take more than a couple of trips, but this resort has restaurants (including a food court), a casino, a movie theatre, a spa, and a very large pool area. It is also surrounded by a very nice area called The District containing all kinds of shops and restaurants, and there is a trolley that will drive you around this area. For the purposes of a business conference, it was very nice to be removed somewhat from the strip because it is definitely a hectic party atmosphere down there.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!