“Brutal - and Nathan Alo the manager is even worse” 1 of 5 stars

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2300 Paseo Verde Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89052   |
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
New York City, New York
“Brutal - and Nathan Alo the manager is even worse”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

Just checked into this hotel. I am staring at the concrete 4 story parking garage and i am checking out tomorrow. one hour ago, i strolled up to the reception desk. Here with my wife sponsoring a conference that decided to have it at the hotel. Since we were a marketing sponsor, we ended up bringing over 200 room nights to this hotel over the next 3 days. When i checked in, i received arguablly the worst room in the hotel. I spoke to Natha Alo the night manager and explained my company was on every sign around the hote for the big conference this weekend and that we were responsible for bringing over 200 rooms and i did not want to stay in a room starring at the concrete jungle.

this was suppose to be vegas, not a motel in Compton. Well he shrugged his shoulders and said i should go look at the room. i told him i stay in hotels more than 100 nghts a year and i knew a ground floor on the parking lot side would be bad. He said go look.

I looked and i phoned him back 5 minutes later and told him the room was brutal and that i needed to change or i was checking out. I brought my wife for the weekend and i was not staying at the motel 6. He said he would change me the next day for $20. I told him i already spent that in the mini bar but if he wanted $20 more dollars no problem but my experience was brutal.

I would never stay here...i would never tell anyone to every stay here. And i would tell everyone i know to run away from here.

It is in the middle of no where, the room is horrible, the manager is brutal, and they have never heard of customer service. If i want that i will stay at my mother in laws <g>

They must have a lot of job openings in vegas to have management as brutal as this.

From a Hilton Diamond member and Starwood Gold, Go far far away from this hotel. Don't wreck your vacation.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

This is a great place to have a conference. The facilities were excellent, and the hotel itself was more than we could have asked for. If you are coming to see the strip, you will need a rental car because cab fare would kill you if you take more than a couple of trips, but this resort has restaurants (including a food court), a casino, a movie theatre, a spa, and a very large pool area. It is also surrounded by a very nice area called The District containing all kinds of shops and restaurants, and there is a trolley that will drive you around this area. For the purposes of a business conference, it was very nice to be removed somewhat from the strip because it is definitely a hectic party atmosphere down there.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

Just back from 4 nights at the Green Valley Ranch, and it was more than my wife & I had hoped for. Yes, it's not on the strip, so big deal - what was important is that the staff was superior to any staff at any other LV hotel where we have stayed. The casino action is better, the restaurants are better, the opportunity to relax is better.

Yes there are great shops off property near-by if you choose and the neighborhood is completely safe for walking. But when you are so welcomed on property why would you ever want to leave? Green Valley Ranch - they will get all of our business here on out.

Treat yourself.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Asheville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

My husband had a conference here for 2 days, so we tacked on 2 more to go see some shows on the strip.

This is one of the nicest places I've stayed. I was blown away by the grounds, especially the outdoor area-the pool, the large sectional seating couches, the paths through the vineyards that have been planted. The cypress trees and palm trees are gorgeous. The staff were all friendly and seemed happy.

There is an amazing view of the strip, about 8 miles away, from the pool area. Really neat. The nightime lighting is lovely and very romantic for a stroll around the pool area.

They do have a free shuttle to transport you to and from the strip. The times are a little limiting, but it helps you avoid a cab ride, which was about $35.00 from the strip to the hotel.

The Hoover Dam is only about 22 miles away, and the concierge can get you a rental car for about $40.00. It's cool to see.

We used the "frontdesktip.com" to ask for a complimentary upgrade. We believe we were upgraded to an "executive room", about 800 sq ft, and it overlooked the pool-gorgeous view. Huge room with a huge bathroom, shower and seperate tub, dressing table, two clothes closets. Sink in bathroom did have a crack that could have used some cosmetic repair, and a piece of bullnose tile was missing from shower, but really minor cosmetic things easily overlooked. Room was 3013, by the way.

Excellent housekeeping every day, fresh sheets and towels, newspaper hung on doorknob outside daily. (ok, this goes against my "save the planet and reuse your towels and linens," but I just craved this luxury for once!)

It is hard to compare rooms on the website. They don't really give you a clear comparision of a "king room", an "executive room" etc, so it is hard to tell what the differences are.

My husband gives a thumbs up to the conference rooms and such.

Here are your two big bummers-- they DO NOT tell you about a "resort fee" that they tack on daily. It came out to about $28.00 a day extra. I only found out about his by reading another review on trip advisor, so I wasn't shocked, but I think it's sneaky not to just put it out there up front that there is an extra "resort fee."

And number two-"the pond" is a smaller seperate pool area that they tout as "european style bathing". I was imagining a laid back place to do a little topless sunbathing, if desired. I have been to nude spas in Europe, and honey, this is not it. It was simply a bass pounding, way too loud music party for 20 year olds. I was EXTREMELY dissapointed. I was lying on a beautiful cube bed outside, relaxing and reading my book, when the "party" started. After 10 minutes of bass thumping annoyance, I went in and asked the manager if they couldn't turn the volume down by 1/3. Please. And I point out that the lobby is suffused with lovely classical music, so this was a real incongruance to the image and atmosphere they are trying to project. Unfortunately, he could not help me. Later that day, when getting ready for a dinner that night, we could still hear and feel the the bass in our room on the 3rd floor! My husband called again to lodge a complaint, and "shockingly" was told that they had many complaints that day. Imagine. I don't understand why catering to about 20 people for a pool party overides the desire of many to be in a tranquil environment.

In contrast, the music played over the speakers at the large pool area I found perfectly acceptable and not really distracting or annoying.

Another minor thing, the restaurants are in the casino area. So you have to walk through the casino to get to these and/or any of the bars. We did not eat here though.

You should explore "the district." It's a beautifully laid out, outdoor shopping area. You walk outside, down a wide path with trees, and the shops are on either side of you. There is a reasonably priced restaurant called Rachel's that has good food. Also has Kings Fish House, which is pricey, but really good meal.

I would still recommend this hotel, and I would like to stay here again, but I will know next time to avoid the "pond" area and all areas immediately around it, because the music bleeds over so much you can't enjoy any of the amenities around it, like the cube beds or sectional couches outside the lobby.

Thanks for reading this longish review!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

This hotel is massive. The hotel seemed very elegant. I stayed for five days and it was a quiet experience. The hotel is about 15 minutes away from the strip. The hotel shuttle bus picked us up from Mccarran Airport. I wanted to be on the strip but the conference was booked at this hotel. The hotel offers free shuttles to the strip so I took advantage of that! The casino was quiet even on the weekends and the district, which is their shopping area was even quieter. My room was on the East tower which was ok. It was quiet so I got some good sleep. I went to the West tower and the colors are darker than the East. Not much of a difference. The only thing that really bothered me was the internet access. It's not free, it's included in the resort fee. I think the hotel should make this optional as not everyone carries a notebook/netbook. Even though they said the rooms are wireless, I had to use the ethernet port bc my netbook would not connect. I contacted the front desk and was transferred to their tech guy who was of no help. I'm not sure if I would go back here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

Had a wonderfully relaxing stay at GVR. Our room on the 8th floor was clean, spacious & nicely decorated, comfortable beds, friendly & efficient maid service. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Was a little difficult initially navigating our way from the lobby to the East Tower as we had to take a couple of elevators and travel down some long halls, but after a few days we had it figured out. There's a courtesy shuttle bus from the airport and also a shuttle that runs from GVR to the Strip throughout the day (ask the Bell Hop for a schedule) so that saved us a lot of money on taxis. It runs to Mandalay Bay and then we cabbed it up the strip to see the shows.

Loved the pool & area and the comfy lounge chairs and poolside bar service. Only thing I found annoying was the loud thumping-type music they played nonstop which made reading difficult and there wasn't really anywhere around the pool where you could sit to get away from it.

The District is a wonderful shopping area adjacent to the hotel with cobblestone walkways and a good variety of shops & restaurants to choose from at very reasonable prices. Also the hotel has several good restaurants to choose from as well as a food court in the casino. There's a Whole Foods grocery store to walk to nearby for snackies. Would stay here again-a bargain compared to prices on the strip!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Shelton, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

We just returned from five days at the GVR and had a great time.
This is a full-service hotel and casino with a large conference center, but really you can do whatever you like here - gamble, R&R, or run down to the strip (a 10 minute drive) and explore the surrounding attractions.
The pool and surrounding grounds are nicely done. We had weather in the 80s with plenty of sun most days, and the pool was the place to be.
The spa is top notch. The fitness center is on the small side, but has everything you need, plus steam, sauna and a private pool. Rooms are large, comfortable and well appointed. Accomodations are not state of the art, but are fine. Not up to the finest luxury hotels, but better than 95%+ of what's out there.
Like the rooms, dining are not top shelf, but close. Terra Verde is three-star Italian, and Hank's seems promising (drinks and appetizers were great, but we did not have steaks). The buffet is also a local favorite.
The casino and sports book rival anything found on the Strip in size, scope and pays.
If you book a package on the GVR website, it's a great value. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!