“Great off strip hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Covina, CA
“Great off strip hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

We don't like to stay on the Strip due to all of the traffic and hustle bustle. We like Green Valley Ranch because it has all you need on one property. Gambling, dining, shopping, movies - all in one place. The rooms are kept nice and the service good. It was a bit quieter in the casino - I assume due to the economic situation.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I stayed at the GVR from 9/24/09 - 10/3/09. I was attending a certification class and conference during the week. The property is beautiful and the customer facing staff was very nice and pleasant. I took my wife and 20 month old on this trip. She needed a breather from work and wanted to spend quality time with our son. Valet staff was attentive and check in was a breeze. The lobby looked smaller than it did on TV. We got to our room and noticed we did not have robes and the one of the luggage racks was cracked and leg was split in half. Not the attention to detail I remember being emphazised on the show.

Valet - I have an oversized vehicle and they parked it for me every day. very prompt and attentive. Always greeted me and by the end of the trip, they did not have to ask for my name :)

Check In - Easy and painless

Bell Hop - Very nice and prompt

Room - was nicely decorated and spacious and the right amount of ammenities. However, it was a step lower thanwhat I expected from a resort that I witnessed wanting a 5 diamond rating. It was very nice though.

In room dining - prompt and tasty. Menu pages were either missing or they need additional items.

Restaurants and Food Court - Panda Express, Capriottis (sp?) and Fat Burger were good. We at one evening at Sushi + Sake, which was very good. Being from So Cal, most sushi spots are owned by Koreans. Sushi + Sake has a Japanese sushi chef. Our son was not feeling well and the wait staff was very helpful. Gabriella was top notch, she packed up our food for us and made us feel like we were her only customers. The food as delicious.

Conference Facilities - Very comfortable and spacious. The conference staff was very attentive.

Concierge - Asked for directions and was provided verbal and printed copies of a map and route.

Pool - Great for all ages. My 20 month old had fun in the sand area and they provided him with toys to play with.

Fitness Center - Staff was great and equipment was up to date. Each cardio station had it's own flat screen. Kind of hidden early in the AM. You need to walk through the Vinyard until you come to a gate. Then walk through and go to the building behind the salon.

The District -
It was mid week and very empty. Some store fronts we empty and the stores that were there looked like the only people in it worked there. The restaurants were busy.

Whole Foods -
Shop there for a few items at home and loved having one so near!

Observations: GVR was pretty empty until our conference started on 9/30/09. The casino was pretty empty as well until Friday. As I mentioend some of the emphasis and/or attention to detail I witnessed while watching the show were not present. Some furniture needs updating and some items needed repainting. It has signs of some wear. Mybe I am just picky and comparing to the resort I saw on TV. You can't see teh small imperfections on TV. Overall it is a great place off the strip.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

We came to GVR last March for a quick getaway from the cold north and the rates and proximity to The Strip were great. The room was of a good size, the pools and view were great, the spa and gym were awesome. My husband and I had such a great time we threw our 10th anniversary there this October.

Our family and friends came and had a fabulous time. They loved the ambience and tranquility of the pool and spa. The catering for our welcome reception was great and the dinner at Terra Verde was beautiful. We used 2 cabanas on the Saturday and everyone loved the space and service. Everyone loved it so much, our friends and we are planning another trip next year.

We liked the low-key atmostphere and being away from the hustle and bustle of downtown LV. Service was excellent, the concierge was fantastic (we had so much done for our anniversary - they took our worries and work away for us to enjoy and host our gathering), the pool service and spa crew were so professional and EVERYONE in our party loved the resort. Not to mention the casino was a lot of fun and the functional proximity to The Strip and surrounding sites made it so convenient. We knew of the $28 charge for the grounds and facilities and we think it's well worth it. We'll definitely be back. We go during the off-season as we prefer the feeling that we have the resort all to ourselves.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

I've stayed at GVR plenty of times, and their sister property Red Rock even more. I simply love the Tuscan feel of the place. It's so unlike any of the strip properties... Laid back, and relaxed. You don't have this giant registation area, it's small and cozy. Rooms are positioned away from the casino floor so you don't have to step foot inside if you don't want to. Rooms are spacious and incredibly well decorated. It's as if they took a giant hotel and made it feel like a small boutique hotel, and for the most part they got it right.

The pool area is one of my favorites and one of the best in LV. Not only does the pool area have rows of grape vines around it, there's also a sand beach, and my favorite - lounge chairs set up in an area with about 6 inches of water.

I also really like how fast valet service is here. (Same with Red Rock) they are always really nice and FAST unlike the ridiculous wait at other casinos.

Really the only drawback is the $29.95 per night resort fee tacked onto your room rate. (It used to be $19.95) Even though I have never had to pay it (the casino comps my room) it bothers me they are sneaking this on to everyone else's bill. ESPECIALLY if you never use the pool. I once heard the front desk offering this lame excuse to a person checking in - wondering if they tell everyone this. "Sir, you have complete access to the pool and spa tratments at any time" as if the spa was free or something? I feel sorry for the people working in reception, they always have people pissed off at them.

Other than THAT, you will totally LOVE your stay here.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

Stayed for one night on August 31. The front desk staff was much improved since our stay in July of 2009. Although we still had to wait to check in, the staff was polite, professional and pleasant during our check in process. The lines for check in and check out were not as long as in July and the font desk staff didn't appear to be as overworked as they were last month.

We were in the West wing on this trip, which we liked better than the East wing. The West wing seems to have been renovated more recently, as the hallway carpets and room carpets were not as worn and it had a "fresh" appearance.

Housekeeping was exceptional and the bathroom very clean.

Bell staff seemed overworked and were "rushing" to try to accommodate everyone who needed a car parked or wanted to pick up a car.

The pool is great, except for the constant rapper music. Even my 23 year old daughter, said "enough of the rap at 9:30 a.m." The pool chairs, the pool itself, bar service etc. are all very good but they could improve the music.

We like this hotel because there is a real separation from the hotel and the casino and the hotel provides a real respite.

The spa is good, except for the bathroom, which needs a renovation and painting. The manicure/pedicure were well done with friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

I enjoyed my stay here. I'd visited often to gamble, but this was my first time staying here. And a summer special of two nights for $125 was a good deal. The room was on the small side, and very dark. Even with all the lights on it was still dark. Nice TV, nice bathroom.

Casino was decent, I enjoyed playing VP in the Irish pub and getting comped Smithwicks early in the evening; later at night the bar becomes a hangout for a younger crowd of locals and this old guy had to go! Enjoyed a breakfast at Original Pancake House, good service and good value.

So with all that being said, I'm sorry I won't be back to the place. I just consider "resort fees" to be such a rip-off. I think it was $25 per day, and I went to the pool once for about an hour, other than that I didn't use any of the "services" that the resort fee "covers".

If the property simply charged an extra $25 per night and rolled it into the rates, I would not complain. But the "resort fee" makes this customer feel "abused", quite frankly. So I won't be back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
las vegas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

hello, I ordered the crab cake app, it came out so burned on the bottom that I could not believe they even served it. I sent it back and in a couple of minutes a bus boy brought me out my new crab cake (he made a point to say "here is your carb cake, barley seared. " It was not cooked at all, it was a microwaved hot pile of mush. not only did they burn the first order but they tried to send me a microwave crab cake in one minute to make up for it. After I sent this one back the bartender looked at me like I was a problem, never have I had this bad of service in my life. Dont serve a $18.00 dollar crab cake app if you cant even cook right in to 2 tries. If you charge $98.00 for a lobster tail and $56.00 for a stake. please learn how to cook first, and hire a manager that knows how to talk to a guest.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!