“If you enjoy 2nd hand smoke......” 2 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2300 Paseo Verde Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89052   |
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“If you enjoy 2nd hand smoke......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2005

Very nice place, great pool, nice people. You have to pay 20$ to use the gym. The building is truly nice to look at. The only problem was that the place really smells like cigarettes. You are allowed to smoke in the hallways, lobby, bathrooms, casino, restaurants and unfortunately at least half of the population there was. If you dont want exposure to second hand smoke then avoid this place. My room wasnt smoky and my floor was fine, but even to go downstairs you had to be exposed to the second hand smoke, which makes this place def not for kids. Even the people painting the walls in the casino were smoking while they worked and people were smoking the bathroom.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
Valley Forge, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2005

This really is a beautiful, high-quality property. It has great, spacious rooms with thick towels and fine pillows.

The problem comes with incidental charges. According to the information in my room, the fitness center cost $20 per day or one could buy a three-day pass for $45. When I showed up and asked about the three-day deal, I was told that they "don't do that anymore". I pointed out the fact that my room said they did and was comped for that day. Next day I came back and a different attendent asked if I wanted to put the $30 charge on my room. I pointed out that what I'd read in my room said the charge was $20. She said that she'd "reduce it" to $20 (I've never heard of reducing the cost of something to its advertised price, but what do I know?).

Unfortunately, it didn't stop there. I sent some laundry to be cleaned that included a polo shirt (advertised cost: $5.50) and some slacks ($8.00). Somehow those two charges added up to $15.00 on my folio. When I pointed out that I had issues with their math skills, the charge was adjusted, but by asking around, I found a pattern of overcharging guests that seems to be an unpublished policy of the resort.

If you stay there, enjoy the fine surroundings, but pay attention to your bill and expect it to be padded.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2005

My fiancee and I are Vegas regulars. We live in LA and spend a few weekends a year in Vegas. It is always a chance to get out of reality and just relax. We usually stay on the strip, but decided to stay off the strip for a few nights, to try something different. BIG MISTAKE..Don't stay at this hotel.

Here's why: While the property is beautiful, the service was just really, really unreliable all the way around. We even started playing "Stump the Staff" because almost every reply we got was, "I don't know". Some staffers added, "Let me find out" to that, but that was the exception, not the rule.

We checked in and were given undetailed directions on how to get to our room, and ended up very lost. We had to call room service 3 times to get our room made up. We got a cold shower Saturday night, I heard the pool staff complaining about their hours. We wanted to turn the jacuzzi on in the pool area and the POOL GIRL didn't know how!!!! Our room was not stocked completely. Then, when we were leaving, I remarked what a beautiful day it was outside and the valet replied with, "Well, not if you've been standing out here for 8 hours".

To top it off, when I got home, I found that $825 was frozen on my credit card for incidentals. This happened to be my debit card, which, upon checking in, I was told there would be $125 frozen.. I was shocked to see that they had frozen up $700 more than they said they would. If I had known, I would have given them a different card.

It does cost $30 in cab fare each way to the strip, but we expected that. The hotel offers a shuttle, which runs about 5 times a day to and from the strip. Its free, so that was nice.

There were a few upsides like our original shuttle driver, a very helpful concierge who, last minute got us into PURE, a very new and crowed club at Ceaser's, found us tickets to a few shows and, when we wanted a drink at the pool after 5pm on Saturday (its Vegas, you should be able to get a drink anywhere, anytime), she recommended we have room service deliver it to us. It cost an arm and a leg, but we got our drink.

In all fairness, I complained about all of these things when I returned home and they offered us two free nights. Not sure if I'll ever use it, but it was a nice gesture.

Bottom line is, when we go to Vegas, we don't want to think. We go to get out of reality, not be slapped with it at every corner. It was too much work staying on top of the staff.

Nashville, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2005

I was in Vegas to attend a 5 day conference at this resort. Although both myself and my co worker had called each week for the 3 weeks prior to my arrival to ensure that we would receive adjoining smoking rooms with a Strip view. Despite these calls, upon arriving at 4:40 (check in is at 3:00), we were told that my room was ready, but the adjoining room for my co worker was not yet ready. We both agreed to go to my room until her room was ready. Upon arriving at my room, we noticied it was not adjoining to any room, it was non-smoking with a view the front roof. We called the front desk. She indicated she would "work on it" and call me right back. Well, 45 minutes later, still no call. Since we had reservations for a show that night, we walked to the desk to discuss with a manager. He indicated that he could move us, but neither of the rooms were ready at that time. To make a long story short, we had get ready in the "temporary" room, have our luggage by the door and they would move us to our new rooms while we were out for the night and we could check in upon arriving that evening after the show. Not very pleasant customer service if you ask me. They acting annoyed that we were wanting what we had asked for!!!

Moving on, if you are interested in seeing the strip, be prepared for a $27 cab ride each way. Yes, they have a shuttle, but it only runs very few times a day with the last pick up at 10:00 PM. And, it takes you to Mandalay Bay.

Room service left a lot to be desired. Although two days, I had the "please make up room" light on the door, when I returned in the late afternoon..no service. I called and they said, you must have had Do Not Disturb on the door. I did not.

Unless you love seafood, I wouldn't recommend paying the $22.00 for the lunch buffet. You will be disappointed.

Lastly, their website indicates "high speed internet" as an hotel feature. True, but you will be charged $12.99 each 24 hours to use the service. Just be prepared for this fee.

True, they are next to a Shopping District, but be prepared as they are all high end stores. If you have the time and money, you should check it out.

So, all to say, I wouldn't stay here again for the cost and lack of customer service I would expect from a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
Flower Mound
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2005

My husband and I spent 2 nights downtown last week, and our last night was spent at GVR - we fell in love with the place. Our room was very well appointed, very clean and exceptionally comfortable, especially the bedding - it is by far the best hotel bedding that we have ever encountered. The overall hotel service was acceptable, although we found the Concierge desk to be a little arrogant and "stiff". We did not have time to experience the spa, but did hear that it was a great experience. We dined outside of the hotel at the District Shoppes across the street - if you like seafood, Kings Seafood is a great choice and offers patio dining. Our next Vegas trip will be spent out at GVR, it is definately worth the drive off of the strip.

• Stayed April 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2005

I made reservations at the hotel indicating we would be traveling with our dog. I was told that was fine, however there would be a $300.00 dollar refundable deposit and a charge of $100.00 dollars a day. So I said I would consider it . The reservationist told us to inform reception at, check in, if we brought the dog, and our room rate would be ajusted. Well, you can imagine our astonishment when having traveled 4 hours from San Diego, we were told by a surley assistant manager, the hotel has a weight limit of twenty pounds and our Golden Retriever would not be allowed. We could stay but not our dog. At that point we had no choice and fortunatly could leave our dog with the relatives we had traveled to visit. Even though the hotel maintained they did not have any notation that we were bringing our pet they did manage to charge to our room a pet fee, of $100.00 per day. As a side note, this hotel has been featured on television showing Labrador Retrievers as guests in the hotel. The hotel did refund the pet charge. So take your Golden to The Peninsula in Beverly Hills but not Green Valley Ranch.

• Stayed April 2005
Vineland NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2005

This hotel was our first stay after a long flight from NJ.

The minute we pulled up, we felt like pampered royalty. The valet area is stunning. The hotel lobby is opulent and out of this world. You feel like a celebrity. By the way, we found out many celeb's stay here when they want to get away from the busy Strip, but we didnt see any.

We booked this hotel at $159 a nite with a $100 resort credit. Sweet huh?

The room was well appointed and the beds were heavenly...beautiful furniture too!!!!!!!!!

Pool area is beautiful and very peaceful.

We had breakfast at the Pancake House, which is in the food court located outside their casino....AWESOME crepes and potato pancakes...you will NOT be disappointed.

We didnt gamble here, although I wanted to! We just were too busy exploring the grounds and vegging out by the pool. The new hotel tower was just completed a few months ago, and we stayed in it...I think they call it the West Tower, so ask for it when you place your reservation!

At check out, the valet gave us bottles of water for our next journey ( Grand Canyon)......See? That's a resort that WANTS you to come back. I would recommend staying there!!!!

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!