“Highly recommended for Off-strip destination resort-15 mins from airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa

You added Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2300 Paseo Verde Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89052   |
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Wheaton, IL
“Highly recommended for Off-strip destination resort-15 mins from airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

Check in was very slow. Stood in line almost 10 minutes. Had read on TripAdvisor that the west tower was newer so I asked for it and the clerk acted ignorant of the fact that one tower was better than the other and pretty much blew off my request. Then she said that the computer was down and that we would get a phone call when the room is ready. We were early (1pm) so we just went to get a drink. Two hours later, I asked the front desk for a wi-fi password so we could at least get some work done and was informed that we couldn't have a password before check-in but miraculously, our room was ready before anyone bothered to call us.
Despite a negative start, we were given a beautiful room 5008 (top floor in the renovated west tower). No view, but it was very quiet. (maybe the odd numbered rooms have the view?...dunno...you'd have to ask). The room was very spacious, clean and on par with rooms I've had at Bellagio and other 5 stars. I had a hard time going back home after 4 nights here. Included Bose radio with MP3 hookup, refrigerator/mini bar, huge flat screen TV, TV audio piped into bathroom, great water pressure, 1 cup coffee maker.
More benefits of GVR:
Free shuttle to/from airport & Mandalay Bay
Spa & Spa outdoor Pool...excellent (Ask for Jaimie if you need a massage appt)
Free wi-fi all over property
Never waited long for an elevator
Solid construction...little noise from neighbors. On Friday night a very loud group of gals rolled in next door and were carrying on. I popped in the ear plugs I always bring and was fast to sleep even with the party next door. (If the walls had been thin, the ear plugs never would have done the job.)
Friendly housekeeping, restaurant & casino employees
Original Pancake House - super friendly employees and great corned beef omelette
Sushi Sake Restaurant - Delicious Udon veggie soup and sushi was good too.
Huge outdoor Lifestyle mall "The District" next to GVR (I rolled my suitcase over to a gorgeous new Whole Foods and filled it up with bottled drinks for room...about half mile walk.)
Recommend Lucille's BBQ, King's Fish House & Settebello's Pizza in the District...and I'll even throw in Panera Bread for the friendliest and hardest working fast food employees ever! Also, a local told us that King's Fish House gets fresh fish trucked in daily from L.A.
Negatives of GVR: (besides the check-in)
Wednesday, we received a letter from the manager stating that the main pool would be closed on Thursday for a private party. I didn't mind since I prefer the quieter spa pool, but some people were probably disappointed & there wasn't even any free drink coupons or any compensation for the inconvenience.
This is no fault of the spa staff, but I've never been to a spa where the people were yacking and carrying on so loudly. Maybe they can hang a sign that says "no cell phones and please use your library voices"??? I thought this was common sense, but geesch these clucking hens were stomping on my zen. Luckily, the spa is large enough so that I just kept moving to different areas to get away from them.
Lastly, If you want to stay in an area where you can easily walk to other casinos and attractions, this place is definitely not for you. It was plenty for me since I try and stay away from the strip because I don't like crowds of people.
Overall, we are pleased with our stay. We only paid a conference rate of about $130 per night and we won enough money at the crap table to break even on our spending money for 5 days. Personally, I hate cigarette smoke and wish there was no smoking in Vegas, but the GVR was no more smokey than any other casino I've visited.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

This is the WORST hotel service wise that I have ever stayed in. With all the choices on the strip my advice is to avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

This was our second stay here this year. The first was in Feb 2009 and that was bad enough we thought we'd come back for seconds. We must not have learned our lesson.
Let's see what went wrong....everything!
Rooms are small and they won't upgrade you if you were a millionare. They give you a great view of the inside of the parking garage.
Hank's has the worst hostesses and wait staff. So much for wanting locals to come back. Make sure you are dressed in "resort casual" or they won't let you in. Nice dockers shorts is not accepted.....even when it's 102 outside and your willing to pay the high prices for a good meal. Forget it they turned us away. Hotel guests who are locals.
Terra Verde had an 1 1/2 hour wait at 8:30 at night...wow the economy is booming at GVR as they turned us away. I didn't see anyone waiting for a table.
Pool service is something as well....how about someone to bring water out? Is that to much to ask when its 102. I went to the bar to get my pitcher filled and what about towel service? There is none but I saw lots of servers and towels kids all over the place doing NOTHING?
What a shame that a locals place went to such a low standard.

We will forever be new customers of the M Resort, wish I could transfer my points to M.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

Huge hotel with decent restaurants and shopping nearby. Fabulous pool with cabanas and a sandy beach. Not too close the strip, which for us was great, but close enough to head in if you want to. We've stayed twice -- the first time the pool was freezing and the second time it was fine.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

An enormously huge hotel-casino-shopping-conference complex just outside Las Vegas.

Positives: The rooms are huge and well appointed. The pool and pool deck are lovely. The gym is one of the nicest hotel gyms I've ever seen, with great equipment (and lots of it) and beautiful desert views.

Negatives: As a destination resort, when you stay here, you really don't leave the property. You therefore take all your meals in the hotel complex's restaurants, and that's were it gets miserable. All of the restaurants are spread around the casino, and you have to go through the casino to get to them. The casino is DISGUSTING with cigarette smoke and miserable-looking people pumping money into slot machines, and it's so huge that it takes a good 5 minutes (5 asphyxiating minutes) to get through the casino from the hotel wing to the restaurant area. The smoke wafts into most of the restaurants.

Also, the hotel screwed up my bill and some of my colleagues' bills and took a long time to fix it. When you call the hotel, your call is handled in India or the Philippines or Guam or somewhere like that.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

I was forewarned that this hotel had been sent out to pasture and was in a decaying state...wow was that wrong! I was pleasantly surprised to find tastefully decorated rooms (reminded me a bit of the Four Seasons), nicely appointed lobby, beautiful pool and spacious property. Even the casino was classy (as much as a casino can be, anyhow). Very clean, and absolutely beautiful.

Best of all - free internet throughout the property!!! I love it when you can pay $200 a night for a room and NOT be nickle & dimed.

The main drawback, of course, is that it's 20 mins from all the action on the strip. But there is a free shuttle. And the hotel has solid restaurants, friendly staff, a large movie theater, and is next to a wonderful outdoor mall that makes nice strolling & shopping (and has tons of dining options).

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

The resort is very spacious and it can be a trek from the lobby to your room. It can also be a little confusing trying to get from your room to the rest of the resort if you are in the East wing. Lots of halls, doors to navigate. But that's ok because the large group we were in had a great time. The buffet meals they provided were excellent. Our meeting went well and there was plenty to do in our spare time. The pool is lovely,shopping in The District was fun.Very relaxing time..

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!