“Awesome place, it's like peeling a sweet onion” 5 of 5 stars

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2300 Paseo Verde Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89052   |
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Orlando, Florida
“Awesome place, it's like peeling a sweet onion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I don't know if I have a thing closely bad to say about this place, except the casino took some of my money :(. Went to a conference and the food was outstanding! All the events at poolside, the amphitheater were well done. Every person I encountered was friendly.

You have to go to the spa for some quiet times, even if you don't get any services. The covered cabana is super nice/shaded. Definitely cheaper than getting it poolside, although poolside does have TV's.

Plenty of eats, whether prepared from the resort or from the chain restaurants connected to the casino.

Just outside the Casino is a great little Open Air Square with shopping and restaurants.

They have shuttle service to Mandalay Bay and airport, although the last shuttle from Mandalay Bay is 8PM.

Only complaint I have is that the casino area did not, IMHO, filter the smoke out enough as I saw many people complaining about it, their eyes being dried up, etc.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for a pool view. I had a room facing construction.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Horrible experience , we had a noise warning at 8 p.m. on a Saturday night. I am a local and my first experience at this hotel was horrible . security showed up at my door with Henderson police officer at 11 p.m. and we were kicked out of hotel.
All i can say is STAY AWAY !

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We enjoyed a staycation at Green Valley Ranch. The resort, and Hank's Restaurant, were terrific, but the room was OK. We did not receive an upgraded room, just a standard room. The view was of a nearby pathway/roadway.

Perhaps had we upgraded to a suite, the room experience would have matched the dining and resort experience. It's a great off-strip place, but the room itself was not amazing.

Room Tip: Be prepared for an OK room experience if you do not have a suite upgrade.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Upon check-in I was directed to the VIP desk and was greeted by Amber. She indicated to me that her printer for the player card was not working so I should go to the casino and ask for it to be printed there. I was supposed to receive on the card half off of lunch for myself and my husband at the buffet that day with the card. Also, upon receipt of the card, I was told by the woman that there was $3 to $500 in casino cash on the card and to follow some printed instructions she gave me on accessing the cash to play with. I tried doing that on my last night, but the card showed that it had no cash value. When we went to the buffet that first day for lunch we were charged full price and the woman at the cash register told me that was the half price fee, which it was not. I know there were other things that I was disappointed in at the time, but my trip was a few weeks ago and I have been traveling ever since, so other details are now fuzzy. My husband and I stayed in a suite and although the suite was beautiful, it was lacking in some of the most basic amenities. If there is a mini fridge and a galley kitchen, why isn't there a microwave and dishes, silverware, etc? Electrical outlets for laptops or chargers were hard to access. Why don't all of the suites have balconies? There is no door on the master bathroom, so when I was getting ready for my conference in the morning there was no way for me to not disturb my husband with sounds and light in the bathroom. The body jets in the shower were mounted so high on the wall that they hit me in the face (I am 5'2" tall) which was not a pleasant experience. It took forever to get hot water in the shower and the sinks, but the tub got hot water right away (doesn't make sense).

But - on the positive side - I was here for a conference and the conference rooms were terrific. Everything is easy to get to - guest rooms, conference rooms, parking garage, casino, restaurant, bathrooms. Very easy to get around. Food was excellent. The only problem we had at the conference was AV support.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is our first experience staying off the Strip and Green Valley Ranch was nothing less then amazing in every way! The guest service is top notch, the rooms are huge and gorgeously decorated. The beds were ultra comfortable (very similar Westin's "Heavenly Bed.") We really enjoyed the sushi and Oysters Rockefeller at Tides. Some of the most creative sushi rolls I have encountered!

We ate at Hank's Steak House the following night and the Niman Ranch 11oz Filet was amazing. The three gentleman taking care of us worked well as a team to provide an incredible experience for us! The ambiance in Hank's is very chic and comfortable. Loved the "Fire Wall!"

We rented a car thinking we would venture out however; everything you could want or imagine is all available at Green Valley Ranch. The 10 Screen Regal Theater and "The District at Green Valley Ranch" outdoor shopping "Mall" has lots of cool shops as well as some familiar brands like Panera and of course Starbucks. When we did call valet for our car it was waiting for us before we made it from our room to the Valet.

I will choose to stay at Green Valley Ranch from now on anytime I visit Las Vegas. Our stay at Green Valley Ranch was as awesome as previous stays at Aria and Bellagio....just off the strip.

One caveat....we ate lunch at The Feast (Buffet) and while the selections were great.....the temperature of many of their hot entrees was unacceptable. I was expecting the same high quality we experienced throughout GVR and The Feast failed to deliver.

Room Tip: You really do want a Pool view room. It's the difference between going out on the terrace and f...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Sherman oaks, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The rooms and pool areas are contemporary and lovely. Lots of loooong hallways to get from place to place so not the best for those that are elderly or have difficulty walking far distances. Food court offers simple fast food, buffet restaurant is average. Experienced very poor, slow service at the cafe. Arcade for kids as well as a cinema makes a good family getaway. We drove to the Strip.....not too far.

Room Tip: Depends on your physical condition. Ask about distances to pool, casino, etc. At desk when you chec...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here with friends while in town for Ironman 70.3 Silverman. Location was perfect for what we needed - walking distance to stores, a Whole Foods supermarket, restaurants & race venue.

Annoying to pay extra for internet/wifi, which was very slow anyway. Confusing/hard to navigate inside the hotel/casino - that's just to find our rooms and the appropriate exit.

Rooms aren't guaranteed to be ready by a certain time (for check-in), but instead they're guaranteed to be ready within a 2-hour window of time. Taxis can be slow to get there (ours that we had valet call for) on a Sat. night never arrived after 15 minutes, so we gave up on it (likely because taxis are plenty busy on the actual Las Vegas strip on the weekends). Other times (like on Monday morning) when most people are checking out/heading back to the airport, taxis were already lined up and waiting.

Very friendly staff. Our rooms were always turned down and cleanly.

Had I been there for a longer stay, I'd have loved to check out the spa and spend more time at the beautiful pools on site.

Lots of access to sidewalks for safe running/jogging straight from the hotel. Lots of bike lanes and bike-friendly drivers in the area.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!