“Locals Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 27 hotels in Henderson
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Locals Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have gambled at Green Valley Ranch(GVR) serval times but never stayed there. Had a day off work and decided to give them a try. I had a small mix up when I first checked in but once I made it to the room I was happy. I actually glad I had the mix up with the rooms because I wanted to see the type of service recovery they would do. The front desk agent was genuinely apologetic and listened that's all I could ask for. I am not one of those guest that now want everything comped I just want my concerns heard and move on. Well back to the trip went to the pool great idea of incorporating sand and the whole beach feel to the pool A+!!! Went to the Drop Bar great use of space they have comfortable seating for a more intimate date or you can hang at the bar top if you are solo. The overall trip for me was great would recommend to friends and family for myself getting away from the strip made it a locals paradise!!!!!

Room Tip: Something with a pool view is always good to ask for!!! Pool is open from 9AM-7PM but the jacuzzi is...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

1,279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I visited Green Valley in April for a conference and came back for a few days of rest. I really enjoy this resort as it is never crowded.Service is pleasant and there is a movie theater and shopping center within steps of the casino. It is reasonable to stay, eat and drink here. There is a scheduled shuttle that you can take to the strip or airport. Yes, the $28 resort fee is high, but you get wifi and the pool is lovely. The martini happy hour at Hanks is super! Rooms are average, but clean.
Worth the visit and I would come again!

• Stayed August 2014
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We will definitely stay here again! What a beautiful property. It turns out all of the big hotels charge a "Resort Fee" I don't like it, but it's the way it is. You just have to get over it!!!! One thing I really appreciated about the hotel was it was CLEAN! The room was beautiful and clean! The pool area was amazing and in my opinion underutilized. We loved the fact that the hotel wasn't on the strip. We've stayed in the craziness and we felt that this was much better. One thing that we would have liked would be nice music to dance to. Even better would have been nice music to dance to out on the patio by the pool. That would have been soooo Romantic! My only wish would have been the food... I think they could upgrade the quality.

Room Tip: I thought this hotel was amazingly quiet. I never heard another person or a door close. I really l...
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This was our first visit to this property. We wanted to stay away from the strip....Beautiful hotel inside and out. Loved the pool area...very impressed with this property. The only downfall..was the shower....large enough...just didn't have anywhere to shave my legs.

Room Tip: Long walk to the east tower.
Santa Clarita, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Very nice place, stayed for 2 nights. When we checked we were advised the package deal we purchased included the expensive resort fee $28 per night. We enjoyed all the amenities.

Time to leave, since they charge you $100 per day for extras and credit you when nots used, I wanted to personally check out to make sure everything was correct. Received our final bill and was changed two days resort fee, I explained and GEHIC the check out clerk basically told me too bad that I misunderstood, my fried verified the whole conversation and he just shrugged his shoulders.

Nice place, but this type of attitude is not worth it, too many nice places in Henderson, NV.
When checking, get everything in writing, probably won't help but.

I highly recommend another hotel that doesn't have to use the "bait and switch" scam.

Rooms are nice but the AC system is not adequate when temperatures are in the triple digits range.

Room Tip: Rooms are nice. AC is not adequate. Resort fee per day is extremely high compared to other hotels i...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Located in Henderson Nevada Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa is a hotel, casino and resort spa. My wife and I have family in Henderson and was introduced to the resort by them. Although a favorite for locals Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa is now our second home. All of the hotel staff from front desk to house cleaning exhibit great customer service, friendliness and attention to detail. The pool and spa are fabulous and we could not be more impressed. We enjoyed an excellent room overlooking the pool. We had a great time in the casino and enjoyed many nights at Hanks during happy hour at the piano bar. We enjoyed the pool and the excellent service poolside for drinks and food. Gambling is great with lower table minimums. This is our 3rd visit to the resort and we definitely will be back year after year.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I would definitely return to this resort if I was in the area. Our room was on the 7th floor of the East Tower. We had a tub and separate shower. The shampoos, soaps, etc. were larger than normal and I liked the atmosphere of the room....kind of Italian motiff. We did not use the pool (we will next time) but did lie on the covered beds (with fluffy pillows) in the pool area around 9pm....this was lovely. We ate supper at the Grand Cafe and had sandwiches. Our bill was approx. $22 and the food was super. Our room came with breakfast and that was in the "Feast Buffet". What a buffet that was....it had everything you could ever hope for including dessert for breakfast. The cost was $9.99 if not included with your room.

You can spend more money if you want. They have private areas you can rent by the pool. Too expensive for us though. But there is very adequate room and sitting areas by the pool.

We took advantage of the valet parking which is included in the resort fee. Yes, the resort fee is approx. $28, but when you consider the valet parking and the pool which actually has sand like a beach, I can accept it.

So, in conclusion this resort gives one a "special" feeling and people there all looked contented and happy. And I appreciated the fact that there were nickel slot machines that actually let you win once in a while.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!