“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

we booked a package that included 2 nights and 25$ breakfast credit on the hotels website directly. we have selected the E-tower as recommended by other tripadvisors since easier access to pool and parking garage. the receptionist offered us to credit the amount to our room. this way we could make use of the room-service and other restaurants than the grand cafe too. the room was spacious with a large bathroom, although we didnt like the mexican style very much. the property has everything you need, actually you dont need to see the strip. the hotel has 3 separate pool areas each with matress beach beds and served by waitresses with food/beverages. the main pool has a sand beach, then there is a quiet spa pool (acces via the spa/gym) and the pond (access only 21years up as there might be some topless girls around). the gym is well equipped with endurance and work-out machines and free-weights too. sorry cannot say anything about gaming.

• Liked — pool area
  • Disliked — interiour style
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

I was so excited to stay at GVR and it was actually the reason I planned a special vacation to Vegas for my boyfriend. He had taken cared of everything for our last trip together and I wanted to stay at somewhere nice n extra special, but this actually was the worst experience for me in Vegas. I had read other traveler's bad review n hoped my experience would not be like that, but sadly it was.

Pros: Nice quiet area where we were able to relax n just enjoy our vacation; the casino staff was nice; the 3 resturants we ate there (Original Pancake House, Terra Verde and Hank's) were awesome!; whole food grocery store nearby was amazing (wish we had one in florida); the room decor was tasteful; the parking garage was attached to the hotel; neat little garden/vineyard in the back; and lots of shortcuts to our room from the casino n parking garage.

Cons: it was hard to find the entrance to the hotel, and initially navigate your way around the place ( but once you do you can find those short cuts i mentioned); the staff was belittling n made it difficult for me to even get my room (which embrassed me since I booked the room months ago, not to mention that the way they treated me set a bad tone for the first 2 days of my stay); the room was very small (it felt like they crammed the furniture in there/not cozy at all...and this was suppose to be a superior king room I booked, unless they jipped me n stuck me in a smaller room while charging for a superior king room-let's hope that wasn't the case); the small frig in the room was not very cold so the cut fruits I had purchased was a little sour the next morning; the night stands in our room were old (despite some of the newer furniture in the room) n they had that decaying wood smell to them that kindda filled up the room; the toilet kept backing up; we had a not so nice view of their dumpsters (though they did plant shrubs around it to try n cover it up); and one of the bath towels that was intially in our room had red blood like spots on it.

Would I stay here again? No. I felt like I overpaid for an overrated room just to be treated like they were better than the people staying there.

• Liked — great restuarants
  • Disliked — value of the room n service for the price paid was not worth the hassle n heartache
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Weston, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2008

We spent the first two nights of our recent Vegas trip at Green Valley Ranch. We have absolutely no complaints. We booked several months before our trip and called twice before our trip after we noticed the rates had fallen;the reservations staff was quite accommodating to make sure we received the lower rate. We were also able to check into our "strip view" room at 11:00 so we didn't have to store our luggage. The room was large and very clean. The shower was strong and hot. We loved the spa; my massage was one of the best I've ever had. I also enjoyed the sauna, jacuzzi and steam room. We enjoyed the $4.99 breakfasts at the Cafe off the casino floor and the buffet was also very good. We will definitely return to Green Valley Ranch!

• Liked — The entire site was beautiful.
  • Disliked — Nothing
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2008

We stayed at the Green Valley after spending hours and hours deliberating about whether to stay on the strip or not. We we're extremely glad we chose the latter.

The Green Valley is absolutly fantastic and we loved every minute. The pool area is simply fantastic and you won't see the hundreds of people by the pool that you would do on the strip. The rooms are again superb and even the basic room measures over 500m3 in size. The bathroom is also huge.

The service was outstanding in every respect. Great food also (but can be a little pricey!)

The hotel is approx 15 mins drive from the strip and one word of warning that it is approx $80 ($35 each way plus tip) return from the hotel to the strip, a lot more that I had originally thought it would be. If you have a car no problem but if you want to go drinking in the evenings then this can add up very quickly!!!

The hotel does offer a shuttle service but it takes you only to the Mandalay bay and stops running around 2200, so your not hugly better off by doing this option.

I know choosing a hotel in Vegas can be tricky. Some people say good things some say bad things and before you know it your back to square one, but I strongly recommend this hotel and im very very sure you will not be dissapointed.

Make sure you eat at Hanks steakhouse, simply the best.

• Liked — The beds!!!!
  • Disliked — Nothing I can think of right now!
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

I have been to green valley twice before and loved it both times,this time it was not the same the front end person acted like I was bothering her at first, when I had a problem with my reservation from the booking company. She wanted to charge me full rate till I got it cleared up, I said no thanks I would wait for them to clear it up. 2 hours later they said they had it fixed. Hotel is super nice you will love the rooms, the grounds are very pretty. The casino is very tight now because of the economy, so dont look to win much. All in all a great place to visit.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2008

My wife and I came to Las Vegas for our wedding...she is from Henderson so her family could easily attend. We selected the Ritz Carlton at Lake Las Vegas and had the wedding and reception there. As part of the package we stayed overnight in the Presidential Suite as well. While the service there was good, it was really nothing special.

My wife, being a local, suggested GVR as a good spot for us to spend a few relaxing days before heading home..i was skeptical wondering if it would be a big step down from the Ritz...what a surprise! We've each stayed at some of the finest hotels in the nation and the GVR matches up to any of them and exceeds most.

From the first minutes there with our excellent bellman, Bernie, to the 5 star meal at Hanks which is on the property everything was top-notch. The room, while obviously smaller in size than the suite at the ritz, was actually better appointed. The service was excellent and the staff both helpful and genuinely friendly.

Overall the Fertitta Brothers have done an outstanding job with this property.

• Stayed September 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2008

My husband and I and our 10 yo daughter spent 3 days at the GVR along w/my in-laws and we all had a fabulous time! This was our second visit and we were just as pleased as the first time. The staff is very helpful and friendly and our rooms were lovely. We had an adjoining suite which worked out perfectly. The casino is clean and was never too crowded and the restaurants are fabulous. We all wanted to relax for a few days and were not disappointed. Renting a cabana for the day was awesome. We plan on returning each year!

• Liked — Clean rooms, friendly staff, delicious food
  • Disliked — Check in took a few hours.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!