“Not wowed!” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tustin, California
“Not wowed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I had high hopes for this place however it just didn't meet my expectations. First of all when you park in the 215 parking struture, you get into the casino. When you get into the casino, there are no signs that tells you where hotel registration is which could have been easily placed to say cut through the ballrooms area. It just took a long time to navigate the place.

The rooms are divided into the west and east towers. I was in the east tower and guess what? The room I got does not look like the one advertised on the webside. It's not as updated and the carpet needs cleaning.

The room has no outlets to plug in your phone or laptop. The nearest plugs are all far away from the table. Even the writing desk the plug is underneath where it is not easily acessible. Who designed the rooms really? The room is also dark and you have to turn on individual lamps for lighting.

The resort fee is the killer at $24.99 + tax. I would expect that on the Strip but out in Henderson it shouldn't be more than $19.99. Although the best part of the resort fee is that you get to use the Spa ameinities. Now the spa is awesome. There are 3 hot tub on the premise. One in the locker room, a coed one indoors and an outside one by the pool. They treat you like royalty at the spa so that was a very relaxing thing to do. I have to give them that but it does not earn them enough stars to make up for the confusing layout and un-modern room.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
Encinitas, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Green Valley Resort is a beautiful resort decorated in old world charm with a European flare. It is located in Henderson, NV which is about a 15 minute drive to the Las Vegas Strip. You can see the Las Vegas Strip in the distance. I have stayed there several times. My favorite room was on the first floor, near the Hotel Lobby. A mid size suite, with a private outdoor balcony looking out at the pool. It has beautiful gardens throughout. I enjoyed the pool area which has separate areas for adults and families with children, and a lap pool. If you are a gambler the table limits are much more friendly than the strip. My husband and I enjoyed the wonderful restaurants.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the first floor rooms near the main lobby with the private balcony.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights for work which also was where the convention was. Very nice design to the hotel, the pool over looks the valley and the strip peeking through the trees. Relaxing place about 15 minutes from the strip. They do have a shuttle that will run you to the strip also. The buffet in the casino is priced well and very good food. Movie theater and arcade down stairs. The room was clean and everything worked well. Also very nice tub and shower. This was my first time in Vegas, and If I ever go back I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Fairfax, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I can not say enough good things about this resort. We were treated like king and queens from every staff member. The room was truly splendid. The alarm clock was a boze system. The beds and linen superb! It is outside of Las Vegas but I would take this any day over a hotel in Vegas.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We loved staying at this hotel so much, we never left! The rooms are beautiful, comfortable and quiet. We stayed in a first floor double room which I highly recommend. The casino has something for everyone: food court, live poker, tons of video machines and not quite sure but I think I saw that they have bingo, too. Oh yes, the Spa is fantastic, too.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We are locals now and we stayed here for one night for our anniversary. We chose GVR primarily because we like their poker room. We thought the room was a little expensive but booked anyway, again, primarily for the poker room. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the room was. I honestly thought it was as nice as one of the higher-end rooms at Caesars Palace that we stayed in last year. Every time I "turned around" in this room I found something else that impressed me. Even the hairdryer was high-end--much better than any I've encountered in a hotel before. The bathroom was beautiful, and I loved the added touch of having a television speaker in there, so that I could hear the news while I was getting ready.
I did have two complaints: 1) for such a high-end room, we didn't think the sheets were particularly soft or comfortable; and 2) this hotel has a real problem with signage. We had been to the casino dozens of times--but never to the hotel. It was VERY hard to find the check-in desk when we arrived. Then it was really hard to find our room, and THEN every time we went back to the room, I was amazed at how odd the layout was. In order to get to our room from the casino: we walked down a hall until we saw a sign that said "west tower rooms." We turned in the direction of the arrow, and there was a elevator. Great. Easy. we get in the elevator and it only has floors 1 and 2 (we are on 5). Turns out we were supposed to walk PAST that elevator through a regular door that had a small sign next to it that said "west tower second floor rooms." Once through that door, there was no sign to direct us (we actually turned back the first couple of times), but it turned out we had to turn left and walk down a long hallway to the elevators which would take us to the 5th floor. We never found an easier way. Frankly, the only way we figured this out was from some very specific directions from the front desk, along with a map. I was astounded by how odd the whole thing was. If they are going to have such a convoluted layout, they really really need to put up clear and concise signage directing people. The first time I tried to go back to the room from the casino, I really got pretty frustrated.
IN SPITE of the above rant, the room was very nice and I would definitely recommend GVR to friends and family who didn't mind spending a little more for a room. Oh, and also...we didn't use the pool, but we had a view of it from our room and it looked fabulous--with a zero entry pool that even had a sandy "beach" area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We booked our trip through aarp.org and ended up in a room with two double beds at the end of the hall. All advertisements said "free internet access" - that is a lie. For broadband they charge $17.99 and for wireless $25.99 - that is not free! We stayed Oct. 7 & 8, 2013 and our room was supposed to overlook the pool in the East Tower - we got to look at a very large palm tree! The pool was closed (but they never tell you that when you are booking), the spa and casino were a very long walk from our room. I would not stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the West Tower and you won't have to walk so far. Stay away from the 10th flo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!