“Had a wonderful business/pleasure trip” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2300 Paseo Verde Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89052   |
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Had a wonderful business/pleasure trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Green Valley Ranch due to his business conference attendance. Although some of the trip I participated in business, I was basically the "wife" and therefore had more time to explore Green Valley and the surrounding area. We stayed in the West tower and although we didn't have a view of the pool, the room was beautiful nonetheless. I had read previous bad reviews regarding the West tower and was a little concerned; but everything was great! It should be noted that I have stayed in MANY luxurious hotels around the country and prefer only 5 star rated hotels, and this one was right up there. The common areas of the hotel were beautiful, the pool grounds were so beautiful and the people were sooooo nice!! It was also great that The District shopping was right next to the hotel and further, at about a 10 minute walk, there was a Whole Foods! I love TripAdvisor and do rely on it for my hotel bookings and so I do have to mention that we did have the trouble with the Check-in process that was noted on some of the other reviews. The front desk staff was minimal (2 people) for the size of the hotel on a Saturday afternoon and the process itself was archaic. They basically had said that the room wasn't ready, check your luggage with the bellman and keep checking back with us after 1PM- they wouldn't take anyone's cell #s to contact them when the rooms were ready. My husband and the rest of the lobby patrons were surprised, but I wasn't since I had read the other TripAdvisor reviews. It's a shame that this happened as the first impression of our stay because everything else on the trip was awesome! All the other employees that I came in contact with were extremely sweet and truly hard-working! Hopefully this type of thing will be resolved by the hotel management; I did explain the Check-in issue to the hotel manager since our return from Vegas and she was apologetic and is going to resolve that aspect of their service. I recommend this hotel to couples, families (there's actually a movie theater inside the hotel!) and business patrons. (Should also mention that after we completed our 5 day business stay at Green Valley Ranch, we then went to stay on the Strip and had a 2 Star experience at the Bellagio hotel!-- that will be discussed in a separate review, but just keep in mind that the Bellagio should NOT have a 5 star hotel rating on several levels.)

Room Tip: Always mention to the hotel if you are celebrating something special during your stay.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Best pool and spa I've ever been too. I would definitely go back. I swam laps in the lap pool in the morning, and drank near the wading pool in the afternoon. Front desk staff were great. Casino was fun. The mall next door is a nice touch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We recently stayed at the GVR for our Honeymoon. The resort is BEAUTIFUL. The valet staff/hotel staff were amazing and extremely professional. ALL of the restaurants are AMAZING, you don't even have to leave the resort to find good food ... we especially loved the prime rib at the Grand Cafe. the ONLY , and I mean ONLY downside is the proximity to 'the strip' - they do offer a shuttle service, starting at 12 noon until 830 pm. The first couple of days we took cabs in, because we wanted to explore the city earlier... and we ended up staying in town past 830 most nights as well. We had to rely heavily on taking cabs to and from, which is about $25 (USD) one way.... the cab experience was mostly good as well... except traveler's beware ** LV Cab Drivers WILL take advantage of you.. beware of 'longer than necessary routes' and cab drivers 'getting lost' - if this happens, DO NOT PAY YOUR CAB FARE - have the valet at the GVR call the Taxi Cab Authority... and they will sort it out. We only have ONE bad experience with a cab driver, and we only paid him what was fair. The pool was amazing - the only downside are the pricey drinks. We had a couples massage at the spa, and it was amazing as well. The grounds and hotel facilities are beautifully kept, and the casino offers just as much as any strip casino.

Room Tip: We had a room in the East Tower - and it was quiet. We face the mountains (also looking over the fre...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We have been to Vegas many times, for various events. With children and without. Stayed in the center of the strip and off strip, with and without casino. This resort was by far our favorite. The towels were amazing! Soft, plush, and fluffy! Comfy beds with lots of pillows. Rooms smelled clean and fresh. Spacious, nice to have separate hotel/casino entrance. Wonderful pool, with amazing lounge chairs! And the, cafe on site was great breakfast. Walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Really can't say enough good about this stay. The only reason I cannot give it 5 out of 5 is because we found the Wireless internet service charge to be a joke. It was $15 per day and that is PER DEVICE! Who only uses one device these days? Between laptop, phone, and iPad all for one person! I mean come on man, even McDonald's and Starbucks has free Wireless. Very annoyed by this.

• Stayed September 2013
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Since we go to Green Valley Ranch for business and pleasure @ least 2 days a week but the Team from the greatest and respectful valet & bell team, when we walk in its like aww home away from home. This is the classiest decorated Hotel & Resort ever. The rooms are great and the beds are the best ever. Always clean & we love our rooms we stay in and the room service team, go way out of their way to make us happy! And when we get our food it's still hot.. Impressive period.

• Stayed August 2013
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was in Henderson for an interview, and I spent one night at the Green Valley Ranch Resort. I found all the staff to be very friendly and accommodating. Whatever I needed, they were happy to help. The room was nice and clean. There were plenty of options for dining. I also liked that I was not in the middle of the strip - although there was a great view of the strip at night from the outside area where the pool is. My only complaint was that I wished the gym was open later - I went at 8:30 for a workout and found out it closed at 8.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as a conference attendee, then for a couple of days afterwards for some relaxation time. I am appalled at the way I have been treated. I discovered on my last day that despite paying for the personal time at the hotel upfront through Expedia, GVR deducted a total of $1445.12 from my Credit Card as 'deposit'. This is DESPITE them saying on their website that they take a $100 per night deposit. When I discovered this on my last day I talked with the Asst Hotel Manager 'Donna' who could not have given a damn and kept repeating over and over that the charges were 'pending' and had not actually been charged against my card - yet my bank were telling me that they HAD in fact been charged. Donna's attitude was dismissive and she was incredibly rude. Here I am two weeks later - my bank is still saying that the charges were actually taken....and despite numerous attempts to actually SPEAK on the phone with anyone at GVR it is impossible to get through. I keep getting through to switchboard and when transferred no one picks up, or there is an 'issue' with their line. DISGUSTING SERVICE from a hotel that is not what it sells itself to be. My advice? AVOID IT! And to any staff from GVR reading this? REFUND ME MY MONEY NOW!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!