“Beautiful Spot... Lacks Convienience” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2300 Paseo Verde Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89052   |
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
“Beautiful Spot... Lacks Convienience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We recently stayed at the GVR for our Honeymoon. The resort is BEAUTIFUL. The valet staff/hotel staff were amazing and extremely professional. ALL of the restaurants are AMAZING, you don't even have to leave the resort to find good food ... we especially loved the prime rib at the Grand Cafe. the ONLY , and I mean ONLY downside is the proximity to 'the strip' - they do offer a shuttle service, starting at 12 noon until 830 pm. The first couple of days we took cabs in, because we wanted to explore the city earlier... and we ended up staying in town past 830 most nights as well. We had to rely heavily on taking cabs to and from, which is about $25 (USD) one way.... the cab experience was mostly good as well... except traveler's beware ** LV Cab Drivers WILL take advantage of you.. beware of 'longer than necessary routes' and cab drivers 'getting lost' - if this happens, DO NOT PAY YOUR CAB FARE - have the valet at the GVR call the Taxi Cab Authority... and they will sort it out. We only have ONE bad experience with a cab driver, and we only paid him what was fair. The pool was amazing - the only downside are the pricey drinks. We had a couples massage at the spa, and it was amazing as well. The grounds and hotel facilities are beautifully kept, and the casino offers just as much as any strip casino.

Room Tip: We had a room in the East Tower - and it was quiet. We face the mountains (also looking over the fre...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We have been to Vegas many times, for various events. With children and without. Stayed in the center of the strip and off strip, with and without casino. This resort was by far our favorite. The towels were amazing! Soft, plush, and fluffy! Comfy beds with lots of pillows. Rooms smelled clean and fresh. Spacious, nice to have separate hotel/casino entrance. Wonderful pool, with amazing lounge chairs! And the, cafe on site was great breakfast. Walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Really can't say enough good about this stay. The only reason I cannot give it 5 out of 5 is because we found the Wireless internet service charge to be a joke. It was $15 per day and that is PER DEVICE! Who only uses one device these days? Between laptop, phone, and iPad all for one person! I mean come on man, even McDonald's and Starbucks has free Wireless. Very annoyed by this.

• Stayed September 2013
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Since we go to Green Valley Ranch for business and pleasure @ least 2 days a week but the Team from the greatest and respectful valet & bell team, when we walk in its like aww home away from home. This is the classiest decorated Hotel & Resort ever. The rooms are great and the beds are the best ever. Always clean & we love our rooms we stay in and the room service team, go way out of their way to make us happy! And when we get our food it's still hot.. Impressive period.

• Stayed August 2013
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was in Henderson for an interview, and I spent one night at the Green Valley Ranch Resort. I found all the staff to be very friendly and accommodating. Whatever I needed, they were happy to help. The room was nice and clean. There were plenty of options for dining. I also liked that I was not in the middle of the strip - although there was a great view of the strip at night from the outside area where the pool is. My only complaint was that I wished the gym was open later - I went at 8:30 for a workout and found out it closed at 8.

Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as a conference attendee, then for a couple of days afterwards for some relaxation time. I am appalled at the way I have been treated. I discovered on my last day that despite paying for the personal time at the hotel upfront through Expedia, GVR deducted a total of $1445.12 from my Credit Card as 'deposit'. This is DESPITE them saying on their website that they take a $100 per night deposit. When I discovered this on my last day I talked with the Asst Hotel Manager 'Donna' who could not have given a damn and kept repeating over and over that the charges were 'pending' and had not actually been charged against my card - yet my bank were telling me that they HAD in fact been charged. Donna's attitude was dismissive and she was incredibly rude. Here I am two weeks later - my bank is still saying that the charges were actually taken....and despite numerous attempts to actually SPEAK on the phone with anyone at GVR it is impossible to get through. I keep getting through to switchboard and when transferred no one picks up, or there is an 'issue' with their line. DISGUSTING SERVICE from a hotel that is not what it sells itself to be. My advice? AVOID IT! And to any staff from GVR reading this? REFUND ME MY MONEY NOW!!!!!

Grand Rapids, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This hotel was our conference hotel. When we arrived they were out of standard rooms and upgraded us to a huge suite on the top floor overlooking the pool area and looking out to the strip... many miles away. That was a fun way to begin our stay! When we started to settle into the room we realized that the bathrooms were really not very clean. Long black hair all over the floors of both bathrooms and on the wall of the shower. I called housekeeping and they sent a crew right up and they were great about acknowledging the issue and apologizing while quickly tidying up. They offered to move us to a different room, but we didn't want to take the chance of losing the huge suite. The rest of our stay was filled with pleasant service from most of the staff. The young ladies serving drinks by the pool were terribly slow and not very well trained. The hotel is a maze with separate towers and the casinos. The pool area is beautiful with a sand zero entry area for kids if you have/bring them. We enjoyed the spa. The reason I wouldn't choose the location again is that there is one really nice restaurant on sight, we ate there the first night because we got in late. Every other night we wanted to go into town to eat at the amazing restaurants on the strip. When you choose to go to the strip you can try to catch the shuttle, but it won't get you back and it didn't run at convenient times for us most nights. So cab rides were $35 each direction. A few times we were with a bigger group and hired limos at $70 per direction. So it adds considerable cost to your trip. Overall it was a good, fun stay, but the location killed it for us.

Room Tip: get a pool view room
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is a great alternative from the hustle and bustle of the strip. The resort is very luxurious and my partner and I had a wonderful time. The complementary airport/Las Vegas Strip shuttle is an extra added bonus. I am a fan person in order to sleep and house keeping sent one to the room. . The only negative was the poor service at the buffet and the lack of an in room coffee maker. There is a Starbucks about a half mile from the hotel and it's totally worth the walk. The gym is a great as well and it includes a Smith Rack ( Squat machine) and weights up 70lbs. Great hotel !

Room Tip: Check out Hanks the Steakhouse. Half price martini's daily 4-7
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!