“Great for family with kids” 4 of 5 stars

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2300 Paseo Verde Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89052   |
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Alta Loma, California
“Great for family with kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We (husband and 5yrs old daughter) stayed here for 2 nights on a weekend in August. I would recommend this hotel for families with kids as they have an arcade, movie theater and a nice pool with sand area where kids could play/swim. They do not have kids club/kids quest as compared to their sister casino Red Rocks. I would not recommend this hotel if you plan is to party. The strip is still the best area.

Check in and check out was quick and the front desk staff were friendly. Check in time is 3PM and check out time is 12 noon. Concierge/costumer service was a disappointment as I tried to call after entering our room to ask questions but she put me on hold for a long time which I ended up hanging up on her (the same happened to one reviewer that I had read).

They do have resort fees which is now common on most Vegas hotels and everywhere. Resort fees includes the use of internet, pool, tub and spa where you can use their sauna without booking on a spa service.

Our room was on the west tower where the hotel lobby is located and farther walk to the casino as compared to the east tower. Our room was clean and had a comfortable mattress. The room does NOT have coffee maker, fridge, microwave nor complimentary water. They do have a mini bar and fridge full of some goodies for sale. I liked the separate tub and shower and toilet with door for privacy. Bathroom comes with clean towel and shower amenities.

I thought the pool/garden area was nicely landscaped and decorated. They have lots of lounge chair but the front row close to the pool gets crowded esp on the weekends. The pool bar serves food and beverages but stops serving food at 5PM. We enjoyed our cocktail which has a good mix and not water down (compared to other bars in the area).

Their restaurants and buffet was good with their pricing. Its worth trying them while staying here. The casino was good as other casinos in the area.

I would recommend a car when booking on this hotel esp if you plan to visit the strip and other nearby areas. Valet was quick and staff are friendly. We use it multiple times during our stay coz we were in and out all the time.

Room Tip: West tower is where the hotel lobby is located and farther walk to the casino. The east tower is clo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night before heading out on an REI adventure vacation. This was a perfect location because the REI store was within walking distance of the hotel.

The hotel is pretty far off the strip - and it is huge! There was a very long walk from the front desk to our room. But I supposed that's the way most hotels are in Vegas. The room was very clean, large and comfortable. We slept very well. I was worried about hearing lots of noise in a hotel with a casino - but nothing disturbed our sleep.

We did have a chance to use the pool area. It is kind of neat - they actually have a beach area leading into the first part of the pool. Kids could play in the sand. It looked like beach buckets were available...and they also had free water. And they had poolside service for food and beverages. But my son was disappointed there wasn't a slide or other fun pool stuff...so he did get a little bored after a bit. (spoiled child!)

We were lucky and were able to take advantage of their shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. However, it does not on demand...but only every 1 to 1.5 hours, so you could end up with a long wait at the airport, or may just want to spring for a taxi.

Green Bay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My stay was OK, but far from great. I was lured in by the low price only to find out that a extra resort fee was tacked on. I expect that when staying at the big names on the strip but not here. I didn't use any of the spa services. The casino was fine but nothing special. My room was somewhat dark and not completely clean. The waste basket had not been completely emptied. It's a pricey cab ride if you are planning on visiting the strip. Next time I'll pay a little more and stay on the strip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had previously slammed the GVR for closing the Pancake house but on my second stay at GVR this year I gave in and tried their restaurant that replaced it. I must say that the food and service at breakfast as well as dinner were great! I'm sorry to the GVR for dissing you about this earlier its just that old habits die hard. The ambiance is quieter and you don't have to stand in any long lines to get a table. Of course the buffet is always recommended to do at least once during your stay at GVR. Another discovery is the burger shop that is hidden behind the Sports book area - they do made to order burgers for a very reasonable price; just be willing to wait for them to make your burger - would highly recommend, I got this take out to the airport since its much better than airport burgers.
I highly recommend staying at GVR as long as you have a car for sightseeing since it is not on the strip. Their spa is also a must use, you don't need to purchase a service to enjoy it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
las vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I checked in at the property for my birthday, I told the check in agent what I was there for and she did not even acknowledge it. It's ok. They charge a resort fee but nowhere in the room or in the key packet telling guests what it's for. I called at 11pm to inquire about the resort fee and was placed on an infinity hold I had to hang up. I took a shower that night and when i got out of the shower, i was shocked to see water was all over the bathroom floor. I had to use all the towels to dry the floor. No coffee maker in the room, but has a mini bar. of course, they need to make that $$. The next day, I wanted to speak with the manager. She wasn't available. Agent took my cellphone number and was supposed to call me back, but never received any call back.

Arroyo Grande, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Have been going to the property for 10 years. This year went and was highly disappointed to see basic amenities missing form rooms and spa. On check in was checked into a handicapped room, not room requested. Had to change rooms the next day. Major inconvenience!
No longer have coffee in room or in lobby, Forced to go to restaurants to get first morning coffee.
Go to spa, no blow dryers or shavers have to ask for those before you go into spa. To late already in shower!
Employees on check out 3 standing around at desk, checked out 2 days early highly disappointed, asked if everything was okay, said no not good at all, no comment at all from employees! They don't care at all like the hotel!

Room Tip: Look for a better option off the strip11
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

GVR is full of all types entertainment and FUN! Buffet and slots are my favorites. All staff are helpful and informative. When in town, I visit GVR at least twice per stay. A fun place! Friends and family in Henderson visit here frequently.

Room Tip: Book early for better rates.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!