“Wonderful place to stay..a Great experience for this pauper..” 5 of 5 stars

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2300 Paseo Verde Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89052   |
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
San Diego, California
“Wonderful place to stay..a Great experience for this pauper..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed here for my 50th birthday...It was a beautiful location and everything was beautiful. The staff were cordial and gracious. The Front desk staff were informative, the housekeeping staff went out of their way and the Valet's were just awesome! I would stay here again in an instant. I plays a bit of slots, as their is a casino onsite.. and the restaurants were great also and if you ate between midnight and 6 am.. WOW.. Eggs, bacon, hashbrowns & toast for $1.99, a Burger and fries for 2.99.. Steak and eggs for $4.99...need I say more.. This was better that being on the strip anyday!

Room Tip: It seems that anywhere we were it was quiet.. it was so nice. The pools (3) a family pool, lap pool...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here over Memorial weekend and totally loved it!
Checked in early at about 11am and room was not yet available. Not a problem, I just left my case with the very helpfull and smiley bell hop. Reception gave me their number to call from any house phone to check if my room was ready later on (only because I had a UK cell).
I went off to explore and get some breakfast/brunch. Oh wow this place is beautiful, I loved it. It reminded me of a peaceful serene mediterranean retreat (apart from the Casino of course). The hallways were so lovely and welcoming with beautiful furniture and pictures everywhere.
After a yummy late breakfast at the cafe, and signing up for the Players card I checked to see if my room was ready and it was. Not too bad, about 12.30. I was allocated a room in the East Tower, either 7814 or 8714. I was impressed that I need a key to open the door to the east wing, as I was travelling solo this was reassuring! Well my room was lovely! Don't think it was a newly reburbished one but lovely just the same. Large airy room with a king size bed, large window so plenty of light coming through, nice flat screen tv and minibar. Ample closet and drawer space, and a robe! No view to speak of but I really didn't care. Bathroom equally impressive with large tub and seperate shower. It was truly nice and I felt like I had made the right choice is spending the weekend here away from the madness of the strip. Housekeeping was great everyday, never saw them and room was always refreshed when I got back. Room was quiet overnight and I did not hear any corridor noise. I slept well every night in the comfy bed.
Quick change and it was time to check out the pool. Oh my word the pool area was stunning. Plenty of sun loungers to go around, and umbrellas if you need the shade. I have to say that the poolside wait staff were the friendliest and most efficient I have come accross in Las Vegas, always quick to see if I was ok or I needed anything else. They were so lovely! I enjoyed delicious cocktails and snacks during my 3 night stay. The only day that was crazy busy was the Sunday, so I simply stayed in the spa pool until later in the afternoon when I got a comfy chair in the pool, fab!
I booked myself in for a massage and a manicure for the Sunday. The Spa facilities were lovely, so quiet and relaxing. I did enjoy my massage but the therapist decided to talk to me half-way through about the benefits of ashiatsu massage. I totally hate feet and anything remotely foot-like so this was not pleasant for me, and far from relaxing.
The resort has some lovely restaurants. Ate one night at Tides and it was delicious with excellent friendly service. My first time sampling scallops and they were lovely. I also ate in Terra Verde which was great, more "high end" Italian than I am used to but lovely just the same. The food court is fab for late night snacks or early munchies. One morning I had coffee and a bacon muffin whilst playing a slot machine! Bliss, not sure my Mom would be so proud though??!!!
The casino was great, I especially loved the new Bingo room. Lots of daily sessions and very helpful staff. Plenty of cocktail servers in the Casino and Bingo room so never waited long for a drink. Loads of up to date slot machines and table games. I did not find the Casino overly smokey and I hate smoking so it could not have been bad!
Overall I had a fantastic 3 night stay here. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone who wants a quieter time away from the Strip. The facilities on offer are second to none, and once again I have to praise the staff. Everyone I came into contact with was so friendly, polite and helpful. GVR should be proud of its staff especially the bell desk chaps and the pool ladies. They were awesome! Thanks so much GVR and I'll be back.
Jo

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I booked through a discount site, but I think I'd be willing to pay full price for this place. It's easy to get to, directly off the 215W, and near the airport.
I booked a king room, but at the last minute a friend wanted to come, so the gentleman at check-out was very accommodating and upgraded me to a 2 queen bed for no extra charge. The resort fee included a free drink, free waters at check-in, free desert at one of the restaurants...the room was beautiful, oversized, and there is a fully-stocked mini-bar (not that I used it!). The bathroom has a separate shower, and a large tub. Full-size spa toiletries. Really beautiful furnishings, clean, and there is security throughout the hotel.
The pool is the amazing part...it's huge, with several levels, and both shallow and deep pools, as well as a "beach" area for children, with sand and shallow water. Waiters come by to take orders for the bar. Lots of shady areas for families.
There is a coffee shop directly off the the elevator, and there are several restaurants throughout the adjoining casino, which is also quite large, and has tons of slot machines and table games, and every single employee I spoke to was pleasant and helpful.
I noticed there was a movie theatre in the hotel, which I didn't have time to check out. There is shopping nearby as well. Parking was free.
I really want to go back and take the kids next time. I would be willing to pay the full price, but if I can get is discounted again, I would be even happier!!!

Room Tip: If possible, ask for the east tower, as it is directly off from the coffee shop, and opens out to th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

OK, its expensive and not on the strip (thank God!) the spa and health club are fantastic! you pay for it but you get what you pay for in spades. Food and beverage is very good for a hotel/casino. Room service, excellent. For those on a budget, the food court has excellent choices including a FAT BURGER and an excellent sandwich shop. A movie theater on the ground floor and for those with "young adults", a very well equipted play room with all the lastest video games. The service is excellent and staff was calling me by name on my second day there. THe rooms are very well appointed and unlike most casino hotels, excellent entertainment in the rooms on the TV including free HBO and pay for movies. And a clock in the room which most casisno's don't have. I have stayed there many times over the past 10 years and would always recommend it. Booking on line is a bit difficult and I find I get the best rooms if I call.

Room Tip: Call and discuss room types on the phone, They have many different style rooms and suites depending...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dalton, Georgia, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

First time at GVR and thought it really was a great value compared to the strip casinos.
Loved my room as well as the facility itself.
Enjoyed several places to eat on site as well as used the spa.
All top notch.
Small draw back, I wish the pool was bigger...seemed a little overrun with kids for a Vegas pool.
Wasn't awful, just a little tight.
The casino also has shopping and even a movie theatre.
I play a lot of table games and it was nice to be able to play in such a nice place with reasonable limits to play.

Had a great time.
Will be coming back next time we head west!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just back from our stay at the Green Valley Ranch on 6/19/2013.

Overall the stay was pleasant and the hotel was very nice.

Pros -
Very nice rooms, ample size and classy finishes
Beautiful pool that is great for kids, complete with sandy beach
Perfect size casino floor, not too small or too big, easy to manage
Good food options from a quick bite at Fat Burger to a dressy steak house
Great band played live rock music at the Irish pub
Excellent buffet
Located next to more food at The District shopping area
Regal movie theater on grounds
Top notch fitness center, entrance included in resort fee

Cons -
Poor check in service, payed to upgrade room view and even after that was placed on 2nd floor, had to argue for floor upgrade
Pool service is auto gratuity and the service suffers, 20 min to find server, another 20 to get your drink
Pool side bungalows were quoted to me by server at $250/day on weekdays, got one for $100/day at MGM Signature on weekday
Pool drinks are not cheaper than strip hotels
The casino reeks of smoke and cigarettes are sold at discount to promote smoking there
The District shopping area is very mature female focused type of stores
Hotel guest parking is far from rooms, almost forced to Valet
Small gift shop with few exclusive products to Green Valley Ranch, mostly generic products

This was a really nice stay minus the hassle I received at check in and the bad service pool side. The hotel is beautiful as is the pool area, grounds are kept magnificently. Good gambling and great food. I have sent this review to the hotel in hopes that they will make some corrections.

Room Tip: Upgrade fees will apply and check in time is anywhere between 3PM-5PM making it tough to get a speci...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Im very surprise how this 4 diamonds resort react to cocaine in the guest room. My family and I check in on Saturday, June 22, 2013. We told the child not to eat anything snack from the snack bar once we got in. But to be safe we decided to move the tray to the top shelf and to our surprise a small bag of white powder felt from the bottom of the tray. My husband open the bag to see what was inside and it was cocaine. My husband called the front door and they told us they will send security. The manager did not check if we were ok or to come by to see what they can do. The worst part is when security came it was no big deal to them. It made me felt like something like this happens all the time at this resort. One of the security said "ok thank you we will flush it down the toilet." We have to young kids and lucky it wasn't them who found the bag. Who knows what will have happen if the children thought it was sugar and tasted. .

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!