“Catering staff did a wonderful job...a-maze-ing” 4 of 5 stars

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   2300 Paseo Verde Pkwy, Henderson, NV 89052   |
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
State College, Pennsylvania
“Catering staff did a wonderful job...a-maze-ing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed at GVR for a week long business conference. The front desk staff was nice. The conference room was very adequate for our needs & the catering staff was very oriented to our every need. They did a phenomenal job.
I do agree with another reviewer that it is like a maze. I did not go anywhere without my hotel provided map. The directions to the fitness area were not good (entrance to gym is hidden on back side) so I was a bit frustrated to be looking for it in the cold windy night (no signage--at least not at 6pm in the winter darkness).
I ate at ??cafe just off the floor of the casino coming from the West Tower. I had breakfast there twice & it was great. The fruit platter is amazing - very fresh & a lot of it. You won't leave hungry.
I ate my dinners outside of the resort at the shopping plaza just outside their doors. PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory. The retail shoppes stayed open til 9 which is nice, and it was a very safe area to walk & be out at night.
When I checked into my non-smoking room as soon as I walked into the room it smelled like smoke. I called the frontdesk & they immediately changed me into another room & the bellhop brought the new keycards to me which was nice that I didn't have to lug my luggage back down to the lobby.
I only have 2 criticisms and the first one is something that I expected so I don't hold it against them.
1) The casino floor was sooooo smoky. All my clothes wreaked of smoke not because I sat in the casino, but only because I had to walk thru the casino area in order to get to my conference room. That's pretty bad. A huge resort like that should have invested in an air purifying system knowing that people smoke at casinos. They lost getting more of my $$ because I would have played casino games if it wouldn't have been sooo smoky. Like I said- I expected smoke, but it was real bad & a company like this can invest money into a better solution for everyone.
2) When I arrived home a week later I checked my credit card bill online & saw an additional charge from GVR for almost $20. I called them to inquire what it was about. A day later GVR called & said the charge was for 1 water, 1 OJ & 1 package of smoky almonds from the mini-bar. Problem is I did not use the minibar at all. GVR did reverse the charge, but it makes me wonder how many people get charged without knowing it. My complaint is 2-fold:
1) GVR never emailed me a bill for this additional charge. They had my email since they sent me the rooms charges via email so why didn't they send a bill for this separate charge.
2) They need to come up with a better system for minibar charges and/or access. I didn't have a need for the mini-bar so I didn't use it. Lock it up & give a keycard for it if they are going to start charging people when they didn't really use it. Or maybe the maid is having a nice snack at the expense of the guest who just checked out.
All in all I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
Jefferson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed at Green Valley for a New Years weekend !!! From the start to the finish everything was great!!! The head bellman referred to us by name!!! Our room was cozy and quite large for a standard room. Enjoyed the Casino !! Good machines and nice variety. Wonderful spa!!! Food was excellent!!! Can't wait to go back in Feb!!! A great start to 2013

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife hinted that she wanted a "spa-cation" for our anniversary. The Green Valley Ranch was the recommendation of friends that live and work in the entertainment sector of Las Vegas.

We have never had a nicer suite or more relaxing spa experience - EVER.

The food was great & the service from every dept. was outstanding. Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed August 2012
Acton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I like to stay at GVR due to the area that the hotel is located. It is a clean and safe area just outside of Vegas. I have been to this hotel many times. I love the shopping and restaurants outside of the hotel. There is a Lucilles's BBQ, PF Changs, and a Cheesecake factory. The only down side of this hotel is that it is not laid out very well. It is very confusing and its almost like you have to go through a maze to get to your room. I was in the west tower this time and they seemed to be doing some painting on the floors below. The workers were very loud and I had to change rooms. I was moved to the east tower and was delighted to have peace and quiet. The rooms are clean and the staff is nice. I would recommend this hotel. Just know that it is a bit confusing to navigate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Casper WY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We travel through Las Vegas twice a year so that's as many as of four stays at GVR/year and we've been staying here for several years so I consider myself a veteran guest of this hotel/resort.

The hotel itself is lovely, everything is clean, the rooms are great (hint: east tower is a little more Mediterranean in decor, the west tower is slightly more modern) but recently our casino host that rocks, Pete Scarpa Jr., has been putting us into some of the suites which we have really enjoyed. Pete never fails to personally greet us whenever we arrive and we're not that big of gamblers but it's always nice to receive such personal attention.

We started staying at GVR because we tow a boat along with us on vacation, and they have ample parking for vehicles with trailers, RV's and just about any sized vehicle. Their Security is top notch and we have never felt worried about leaving our packed boat in the parking lot.

This past month a cousin and myself stayed at GVR. It was her first visit and I was reminded through her fresh eyes as to why this property is so special. She really enjoyed the feeling of Las Vegas with all the lights and action, but at the same time there is a feeling of being so much more cared-for. The floor staff is incredible, we had some very interesting conversations with personable slot attendants that made us feel so welcome. We love the new T-Shirt $1 slot area just outside Sushi/Saki and the mini jackpots every few minutes were great too. I won over $500 in casino quick cash drawing during my stay just for having my player's card in a machine. She also appreciated not having to walk three miles to get from one end of the complex to another and she has decided her days of staying on the strip are officially over!

SO many places to eat in the hotel, there are independent chains at the food fair (Panda Chinese, Fat Burger, Frozen Yogurt etc) and outside in The District Shopping Mall. The restaurants onsite that are run by the hotel are varied: we really like the offerings at Tides Oyster Bar but there's everything from their award winning International Buffet to an Irish Pub, and upscale steak and Martini restaurant and everything in between including Italian and Japanese. A multi-screen movie theater completes the amenities. Still miss the Strip? No problem! There's a shuttle for that with a courteous and knowledgeable driver. They will also pick you up at the airport if you let them know you're coming. There is even a couple of rental cars right at the hotel available through the concierge if you want to take a day jaunt anywhere else. There are many bars with various themes on the property so you will never want for lack of some adult beverage time.

I am not a huge fan of sitting around a pool but they do have beautiful outdoors areas. There is a family-friendly sand beach pool, adult pools, lots of cabanas and varied seating areas.

The only negative (and this may change, given enough feedback) is that the management has made the decision to remove coffee machines from the rooms and have also done away with the coffee station in the lobby. This is happening more and more, I see it in other hotels too but IMO if the hotel cannot afford to offer complimentary coffee then at least put in a Keurig machine I can use a pod in, and offer pods in the in-room snack bar for purchase. I dislike having to get dressed in order to have a cup of coffee in the morning and I would much rather have the option to buy a cup in my room than have to traipse around the hotel with no makeup and my hair not done.

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa has always been our favorite choice for Las Vegas. It offers everything one would ever want in a Las Vegas experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Newtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

nice resort, beautiful grounds, casino, spa everything you may wish except a coffee shop near the libby. to have breakfast or just a cup of coffee you have to walk a long walk to the casino area. i found this extremely annoying.
everything else is quite good

• Stayed December 2012
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The Green Valley Resort couples a great Casino with a casual resort type atmosphere. There is everything one wants in a get-a-way hotel experience.High-end accommodations tons of things to do a good variety of unique restaurants and yet none of the pretense you may get in a downtown property. It feels like this place is really comfortable in it's own skin and transfers that easy feeling to it's guests. Loved it and would definitely return again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!