I stayed at GVR for a week long business conference. The front desk staff was nice. The conference room was very adequate for our needs & the catering staff was very oriented to our every need. They did a phenomenal job.
I do agree with another reviewer that it is like a maze. I did not go anywhere without my hotel provided map. The directions to the fitness area were not good (entrance to gym is hidden on back side) so I was a bit frustrated to be looking for it in the cold windy night (no signage--at least not at 6pm in the winter darkness).
I ate at ??cafe just off the floor of the casino coming from the West Tower. I had breakfast there twice & it was great. The fruit platter is amazing - very fresh & a lot of it. You won't leave hungry.
I ate my dinners outside of the resort at the shopping plaza just outside their doors. PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory. The retail shoppes stayed open til 9 which is nice, and it was a very safe area to walk & be out at night.
When I checked into my non-smoking room as soon as I walked into the room it smelled like smoke. I called the frontdesk & they immediately changed me into another room & the bellhop brought the new keycards to me which was nice that I didn't have to lug my luggage back down to the lobby.
I only have 2 criticisms and the first one is something that I expected so I don't hold it against them.
1) The casino floor was sooooo smoky. All my clothes wreaked of smoke not because I sat in the casino, but only because I had to walk thru the casino area in order to get to my conference room. That's pretty bad. A huge resort like that should have invested in an air purifying system knowing that people smoke at casinos. They lost getting more of my $$ because I would have played casino games if it wouldn't have been sooo smoky. Like I said- I expected smoke, but it was real bad & a company like this can invest money into a better solution for everyone.
2) When I arrived home a week later I checked my credit card bill online & saw an additional charge from GVR for almost $20. I called them to inquire what it was about. A day later GVR called & said the charge was for 1 water, 1 OJ & 1 package of smoky almonds from the mini-bar. Problem is I did not use the minibar at all. GVR did reverse the charge, but it makes me wonder how many people get charged without knowing it. My complaint is 2-fold:
1) GVR never emailed me a bill for this additional charge. They had my email since they sent me the rooms charges via email so why didn't they send a bill for this separate charge.
2) They need to come up with a better system for minibar charges and/or access. I didn't have a need for the mini-bar so I didn't use it. Lock it up & give a keycard for it if they are going to start charging people when they didn't really use it. Or maybe the maid is having a nice snack at the expense of the guest who just checked out.
All in all I would stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Green Valley Ranch Hotel
- Green Valley Ranch Hotel Henderson
- Green Valley Resort
- Green Valley Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Green Valley Ranch Resort is unquestionably one of the finest Las Vegas casino resort hotels, equally exquisite both inside and out. Attending to guests with impeccable service, wealth of outstanding amenities, and expansive pools and gardens, Green Valley Ranch has become renowned as one of the top luxury resort hotels in Henderson, Las Vegas ... in the USA. Green Valley Ranch Resort has all that you require from Exquisite Accommodations, the ultimate in relaxation and rejuvenation at The Spa, Award-Winning Dining, Non-Stop Gaming Action, Entertainment for Everyone, Meeting & Events, to our The Backyard with incredible scenery, sand-bottom pool and laid-back vibe, not to mention a great selection of drinks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.