“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

I stress over picking sushi restaurants! We don't have good sushi at home, so when we travel we want a great experience. I was even more worried in Vegas, as we were limited to options close to our resort. This place was perfect! Good food, good value, quiet, laid-back, great service. We were so happy with our choice. Yes, we would return!!

“Perfect sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Clean, fresh, tasty. Lots of rolls, tempura, most Japanese cuisine and drinks. Just a little brisk service, but so worth the quality!

Victoria, Canada
“We stumbled across a gem in the most unlikely spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

While on a trip to Las Vegas with my husband this week, I kept up my hot yoga practice at the Bikram yoga studio on Green Valley Parkway in Henderson. We noticed a Japanese fusion restaurant near by. My husband suggested we might try it which at first seemed far fetched as we were surrounded by restaurants at our place near the Strip and were eager to try out the restaurants attached to our favorite celebrity chefs. One we had in mind was Marimoto's Japanese fusion restaurant. We never did visit and after a few ho hum experiences we did end up checking out Midori on our last night. We were both blown away by the experience and by the fact that it was also one of the cheaper dinners of our trip. I should also mention that we have a wealth of Japanese restaurants to choose from back home and have eaten at Japanese restaurants around the world including Tokyo. This is the best food bar none that we have eaten. The atmosphere was quite elegant and quiet and the service good as well. My husband started with a seaweed salad and I with the cucumber salad with sesame dressing. Both were excellent - fresh, tasty and inexpensive. I had the chirashi sushi bowl and marvelled that something so simple and standard could be so tasty. My husband had the nabayaki udon as usual but this was the best. The prawn tempura was cooked to perfection - no hint of grease, light and crunchy. He commented on how tasty the broth was as well. We decided we couldn't miss out on trying dessert even though the offerings appeared to be quite standard. We settled on the moochi green tea icecream - green tea icecream in rice balls which again was excellent. The only glitch was that we asked for one dessert - the waiter mentioned that each order had two balls which I remarked would be perfect and added "and 2 green teas". What appeared was two orders of green tea ice cream and no green tea which we promptly forgave as we wouldn't have wanted less of the ice cream and can have green tea anytime! After ordering a large hot sake as well, we were amazed that the bill before tax came to just over $50. I'm already planning my next trip back to do Bikram yoga and eat Japanese food.

• Visited September 2011
Henderson, NV
“Rebirth of a good sushi place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

Wonder Sushi Henderson used to be at this place - one of my favorite sushi places with excellent food at very affordable prices. One day around Easter 2009 it suddenly closed without any hint, depriving locals of good lunch and dinner options. Fast forward to October 2009 and the place reopens, apparently under new ownership and with new name Midori (=green in Japanese). The interior is significantly improved: paint in the red hues, dark wood accents, green bamboo partitions. I have recognized some members of the old crew, but also some new faces.
Menu is very new and in the stage of fine-tuning yet, but it shows interesting mixture of traditional entries and new inventions. So far I've eaten here 3 times during lunch, and the experience was pleasing. Quite a few lunch specials under 10$, all including miso soup and salad. Sushi, sashimi, chirashi, etc. for raw fish lovers, tempura, teriyaki salmon and chicken, pork and beef cutlets for cooked stuff lovers. Chef surprises guests from time to time with a little extras, such as very interesting cucumber salad with fried mushrooms.
Haven't tried sushi bar and dinner special yet, but nigiri sushi, sashimi, california and spicy tuna rolls, teriyaki salmon in lunch fare were very good to excellent.
Definitely will be back for lunch and dinner. Service is very good already, but I'm giving 4 stars to bump rating up if they manage to amaze me. Prices very good (better than local average) but not as low as they used to be, hence 4 stars.