“Excellent hotel with wonderful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Excellent hotel with wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I travel extensively for business and encounter a wide spectrum of employee personalities. This hotel had one of the best employees that I have met over the past few years. Erma was the perfect Marriott employee, who recognized each guest with a smile and friendly greeting. I hold platinum and diamond level memberships at a variety of hotels and airlines, so I experience much customer interaction. Erma would greet me every evening when I entered the hotel with a personal greetings, addressing me by name, and this was a great way to welcome me back to the hotel at the end of each evening.

The hotel is clean and fairly new. Construction of these two adjacent Marriott properties occurred back in 2009. I was a long term resident at the TownePlace Suites next door for over 9 months Both hotels have a great layout, couch, television, refrigerator and microwave. The rooms are more than adequate for staying a few nights and Marriott properties are typically very clean.

I would recommend this hotel to anybody staying in Henderson or just looking for a more affordable alternative to visit Vegas without staying on the Strip. The hotel is conveniently located to many restaurants, Green Valley Ranch, and the Strip. The staff is friendly and hospitable and they make it more pleasant for people away from home

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CLI820, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Henderson, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Springhill Suites Henderson, we are delighted to hear you found the hotel to be a good place for business travel and that our staff was able to provide you with helpful and friendly service, in particularly thank you for acknowledging Erma. Our staff takes great pride in providing the best possible experience for all our guests. We look forward to your next stay with us and happily remain at your service!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed in this hotel before while we house hunted and this time stayed for two days while we moved into our home. The maid service was awful - never did get our room cleaned and the evening front desk was so rude. We got the personal phone number for the Manager and had to call him at 8:00 PM to try and get problems resolved and even he was rude and tried to make excuses for his poor personnel. The hotel is in a great location - just don't expect too much!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I travel extensively for business. Generally a week-long in cities all across the U.S. I come to Vegas quite a lot and I've stayed in nearly every hotel on "The Strip"... several times in fact. I'm usually in Cesar's or Paris... or The Venetian or Mandalay Bay... but those places cost too much and charge extra for things like Internet service or breakfast, or the worst fee of all in my opinion - a "resort fee" which is just another way to jack up their prices.

None of that here. Everything is included and the breakfast is very nice as well. The rooms are new and modern in decor. Two things I also really like in a room - a refrigerator and a microwave. It's the little things that make me happy. There is a very nice selection of food in the lobby to make and eat in your room if you don't feel like going out. There is also a great guest laundry. They have an indoor pool with a hot tub. The TV has many channels unlike nearly all the big hotels on the strip. They don't want you in your room watching TV, they seem to want you in their casino's spending money. That's not for me.

Sitting in the breakfast area of the lobby this morning, what I noticed were a lot of young professionals. I overheard a lot of positive comments about the breakfast area and I was impressed to see TWO of the staff working hard to keep everything supplied and clean.

If you had to wrench something out of me to complain about, it would be the water pressure in the shower. But that is minor compared to everything else this hotel has going for it.

Often times, my clients put me up in the hotel that I'm working in. But from now on, I will be requesting to stay here when I get a choice in the future.

Room Tip: The guest laundry is up on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Castle Rock, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was my second stay at this location. The first was overall really positive. This stay was not so much but I rated Average because it is a hotel I would consider in the future.

We stayed on the third floor and on first inspection the lobby was clean and welcoming and the room also appeared clean. I always inspect the bed and boxspring for evidence of bed bugs immediately (I had a bad experience) but found it was clean. Ultimately I did find long hair in the shower that did not belong to us and the bathroom area in general was missing caulking in areas and showing slight mold in others. The worst problem we had with our room was the smell of sulfur coming STRONGLY from the bathroom sink. It was nauseating.

Other complaints include: the pool is too cold (even for my 4 year old) to enjoy although he had fun in the luke warm hot tub. The breakfast is good but we arrived 5 minutes before it closed and had the employee literally lift the food and take it away as I was reaching for the eggs. She went on to scold several people, including myself, for coming after 9:30 and even denied a man in the lobby a yogurt because she's "very strict about the 9:30 rule." A little strange.

Oh, one last thing. We had one Queen bed and a pullout sofa for our toddler. The pullout was so uncomfortable (literally is like laying on springs) that even our 4 year old said he couldn't sleep on it. He called the bed "rude" because it was hurting him. We ended up sleeping all three of us in the queen bed all night.

I would consider this hotel again because overall I feel it is clean and the staff is friendly but I would check the room thoroughly before staying.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel, we are pleased to hear the staff was friendly and you found the hotel clean. We do sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced; please rest assured that your comments will be looked at more closely as we value the input from all our guests as they assist us in making improvements to our overall operation. Our ultimate goal is to provide a great experience to all our guests. Again, thank you for your review and we remain happily at your service.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This newer property is conveniently located to the airport and is the perfect spot for those interested in something other than "The Strip." It's in the right location for a day trip to Hoover Dam and Lake Mead recreation, and for jumping off towards Zion and Bryce in Utah. Friendly and efficient staff at check-in and check-out. Clean and well-stocked included breakfast. I especially appreciated that there was a choice of batters (cinnamon and whole grain) to make your own waffles!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the property. The neighborhood is quiet, but there can be some front...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had a group of senior softball players, which also included most of the players’ wives, who stayed at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott in Henderson, NV for 4 days in October, 2012 while we played in a tournament. Our whole group was extremely pleased with the hotel, the service staff and all of the amenities. The rooms were spacious, clean and attractively decorated. The beds were comfortable and the rooms also had a couch and desk area with a chair that provided space to allow someone to take care of any business needs they had; it was separated from the bed area with a divider. The bathroom had a large sink area with a cool mirror that contained a circle within the mirror with lights behind the circle. The toilet/shower/tub area is large and behind a door away from the sink area. This is something our wives like in a hotel room. The rooms had a large flat screen TV which swiveled to allow it to be seen from the couch or the bed.
The free breakfast was good and included a lot of options. We had several hot items, scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage and hot waffles. There were also 5 different cereals and hot oatmeal within a separate container. We also had the usual juices, pastries, yogurt and three types of milk.
The manager’s reception Monday thru Thursday was a pleasant surprise and was well attended by our group. This was an extra provided free to all guests that you usually do not find in most hotels.
The reception and service staff members were all very pleasant and helpful. They also provided help in finding restaurants and shopping areas. There were a few restaurants close by the hotel that we attended. The sales manager and manager were also very helpful to me as I made the arrangements for our group. I highly recommend the hotel.

Kansas softball group

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Park City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Let me start out by saying that on my drive in I received a call from my boss asking for some computer work to be done and uploaded that night, so I was definitely worried about what sort of internet service would be provided. We got in late (11pm) and quickly checked-in, went to our room and I immediately went to work. The internet connected without any trouble and was FAST! And did I say, FREE! Wow, how do they provide fast and free internet?

The room and beds were comfortable and roomy. My only complaint about the room was the shower head seems to be messed up and would only shoot straight and hard putting a hole in your back :)

The next morning we checked out the workout room and pool (they have both) and even though they are small, at least they provide them.

We enjoyed the FREE breakfast before checking out and it was amazing. A large selection of pastries, fruit, waffles, bread, juices and more. There were employees quickly added supplies and cleaning up, which was great because there was syrup spilled on the floor.

I would definitely recommend this hotel as an option outside of the strip, but easy access (maybe 10-15 minutes).

Room Tip: High floor so that you are not in the general eating area which can be busy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Henderson? Share your experiences!