“Nice course” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 58 Activities in Henderson
Type: Golf Courses, Sports
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Owner description: A semi-private golf and country club, this full service facility boasts 18 holes of world-class golf, comprehensive practice center, golf shop and clubhouse complete with restaurant and bar.
Grande Prairie, Canada
30 attraction reviews
“Nice course”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I booked here online because the price was right. We got it at 8:00 am in July for $30.00 including cart. I paid $20.00 because it was my birthday. The course was in great shape and the locals we met treated us great and gave us some tips. The first nine we played was a desert course and it was tough. The second nine was a nice open course and much more traditional. We enjoyed both nines and it was fun to play two very different nines in the same round. The staff were great and very helpfull. The only thing I would recamend if you are going to play here is use your own clubs or rent somewhere else thier rentals are terrible. I will deffanatly play here again it was worth the 20 min drive.

Visited July 2012

San Diego
“Challenging course, great condition”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This course is very challenging due to the out of bound wilderness areas. The greens are in very good/great conditions as are the fairways. There are excellent specials on line for anywhere from $20-25 a person, with cart. Cold, wet towels are provided, at least they were for us in the heat of Nevada. It's close to Las Vegas, fun to play, and we would not hesitate to play it again. There is a bar and restaurant, but we didn't try them.

Visited June 2012
Ottawa, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“Good desert course experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

As someone who hails from Canada, this golf experience had to be unique. The course itself didn't disappoint - I played the Desert nine and the Founders nine. On Desert, off-fairway shots often require you to hit out of rocks strewn around a natural desert hardpan surface. If you're bringing your own clubs, follow the advice of a fellow player and make sure you have a 'rock club' you're willing to sacrifice if you're going to follow USGA rules and play the ball where it lies unless marked otherwise.

Founders is the oldest of the three nines and while it too will penalize you for going off the fairway, the hardpan doesn't have rocks on it, so you can watch your ball roll and roll if you get it there!

Water coolers are found all over the course at most tees (you can also refill your empty bottles at the clubhouse in between nines), a cart girl came by frequently so hydration shouldn't be an issue, money or not.

The only knock I have against the course is I had a very specific conversation when booking about rental clubs. I was told they had regular rental sets ($20) and higher end ones ($45). When I arrived in mid-May, I was told that the reps from the two companies that provided the higher end sets had taken them away, possibly to bring newer sets at some point. That didn't help me much that day. I had to play with a mix and match set of irons (2 nine irons!) and a few woods. I know that hard core golfers will travel with their own clubs (I would, but this game was a half day out of a nine day trip, not worth lugging my own equipment), but I had been assured that I would have something good to play with and that was definitely not the case.

Overall, on a 100 degree day, it was a good to great experience - as I had used a Groupon to pay for my green fee, value for money was excellent. 25 minutes away from the strip, it's worth checking out.

Visited May 2012
7 attraction reviews
“Potential for a nice course”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012 via mobile

Course has great potential and have seen it in great shape but right now only play if you are looking for a great muni

Phoenix
38 attraction reviews
“must be better during the season, needs better overseed in the winter”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

The design is good, great bunkering and diversity of holes. I was disappointed that they only overseed the tees and greens. I know it is a budget issue these days. There are 3 nines, the one that was closed looked like it was in the better condition of all 3, would have liked to play that one. There was very little grass on the driving range, even dormant bermuda, basically was hitting out of sand since they did not overseed the Range Tee Box and hadn't moved the rope in weeks. 2/3 of the range balls are nearly dimple free so you could hit the draw-fade at times. Chipping Green was 30% grass, Carts were equipped with GPS which I appreciate. Restaurant staff was friendly, did not eat, no time. Pro Shop had good selection and good sales, Paul out front was friendly and helpful. Close to town but quiet, 5 minutes from Fiesta Henderson. Great panoramic views of the mountains and town.

Visited February 2012