“Best spot to relax from the strip” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
3rd Night Free/Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Newnan, Georgia
“Best spot to relax from the strip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We typically go to Vegas once a year for my wife's birthday to have fun and cut loose, but kind of dread the non stop and super expensive hotel seen on the strip. So we decided that we would try the Westin and give it a try, and I can tell you it was worth the venture!! Now I am a platinum member with SPG properties so I knew that the Westin should be a more upscale Sheraton property already, but was I did not expect was how big and nice the resort would be! Some Westin properties have been a little worn down and dated in my travels, but the lake Las Vegas was very nice and very updated.
Now a couple of things I should point out if you are thinking of staying here that we found out:
1. You will need a car, it is about 20 minutes from the strip without any traffic, or some type of transportation.
2. There is no casino or games at the resort, which I thought was a little weird but okay since it lowered the overall noise.
3. There is not much of a night seen at the hotel, it does have a bar area that you can go to but we did not see to many people there.
4. It is really quiet in the dessert! Don't stay here if you want to hear Vegas and be a part of the Vegas action.
5. It is colder in the desert than you would expect in the morning and evening.
6. This is not a super singles hook up and see the crazy Vegas seen. There was quite a mix of people including families there so it is a lot tamer than staying at Treasure Island and going to the clothing optional pool.
7. Hanging by the pool is fantastic and the staff for drinks and food is very attentive.
8. There is some shopping and food nearby, but not much around which is why I gave it four stars. If there was some more built into the nearby area it would a perfect getaway.
9. We did like the workout lending program as well that Westin offered.

We will plan on staying here this coming year, and look forward to our visit once again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Laramie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

If you want to get away in luxury and style, where things are peaceful, then this is a must! I brought my family from California, my son, and a friend here for a weekend of relaxation and fun. We fell on love with the beautiful surroundings and the grounds.

There are a multitude of fun and delicious places to eat. The shopping and the lake are great!

The property is beautiful, and the people are very kind. I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Palm Desert, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I want to rate this 5 stars without a doubt. The Resort is beautiful, it is clean and very quiet. This is the first time I have ever stayed at a Westin and I was impressed. The only reason it didn't get 5 stars is it seems that whenever someone went above and beyond, someone else didn't.

There are a couple of examples of this: The first being, we stayed on the 5th floor, I wanted a coke so I went to the vending machine... it didn't work, walked up the stairs to the 6th floor...didn't work...7th? didn't work, same with the 8th, got to the 9th and there was a sign saying something to the effect of "sorry the machines are being worked on for your pleasure." So, I walked down to the front desk, let them know they didn't work and headed off to the gift shop...it was closed... However, they made up for this by sending up two cokes! Awesome!

The second day, it was my birthday, we went to breakfast came back up and there was a bottle of champagne! how cool is that? Out at the pool area though (its one of these "they did great but someone else didn't moments) the guy working out there seemed very disinterested. We waited for a menu, and waited and waited...I walked from the pool into the lobby to the bar to get a menu, came back out and girl had dropped one off with my group and told them "the kitchen closes in 10 minutes" about 10 minutes later she never came back so I went back inside, the pool guy was talking to the bartender and seemed like I was bothering him with an order. Ah well, the food was good.

But the shining spot in this resort is a Valet guy named Frank. Frank was awesome. He really made the trip for us. He was funny, and outgoing, very considerate and all around just a good guy. I'm not even sure if he will see this or read it but THANKS FRANK! You rock dude, keep doing you bud!

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here over Thanksgiving weekend while attending a family wedding in Henderson.

The hotel invites you in with a drive that resembles a movie set. The staff greeted us with a big smile. The grounds are immaculate and the hotel is beautiful.

Our room was spotless and well appointed. We had a small fridge which was helpful to store leftovers and snacks.

The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was fairly standard but very nice.

The grounds are what steals the show. There are two pools which we didn't use but looked amazing. There was a breakfast buffet that looked like it could have fed a whole NFL team. We had family events so we didn't eat there but we did walk through.

There are massage services on site and a very nice fitness area.

There is also a nice coffee shop that serves Starbucks and an assortment of pastries.

I would recommend this spa as a great place outside of Las Vegas. If you want to enjoy the scenery and a short drive to Lake Mead this is your place. They offer a shuttle service down to the strip for those that want to see the Casinos.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Sherwood Park, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If you want a change of pace from 'the Strip' and only be 30 minutes away, this is a fantastic place to come! We had excellent check in/check out service and they immediately found us a room with a balcony upon our request. Beware if you go in Jan/Feb it is low season, so only 1 pool open with lots of loungers to relax on! You can relax around the outdoor fireplaces in the evening and even roast marshmallows. Night 1 in the lounge was quiet and had amazing service from smiling servers. Night 2 was packed and unfortunately there were no smiling servers that evening. Ran out of time, but would have loved to have gone kayaking or paddling boarding on the lake. All in all a great weekend at a nice resort!

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for sharing your weekend getaway at the Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa. We are happy to hear that our location worked out so well and that you enjoyed relaxing by our outdoor firepits. We do regret to learn about the inconsistent service levels you experienced and we hope you'll accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to enjoy our water activities on the lake and we hope you’ll plan another visit with us soon.
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed at the Westin Lake Las Vegas mid-week prior from Wednesday to Saturday. There were many very nice attributes, and some not so great. The grounds and the common areas of the property are beautiful and well kept, but getting a little tired. The outdoor seating areas, pools and beach were all relaxing and nice. Our room was in desperate need of a deep cleaning and updating. As other reviewers mentioned, this did not seem like a Westin property. It was just missing some of the luxury attributes usually associated with the Westin brand. The spa was also average in appearance, but the actual services were top-notch. We ate at both Rick's and Marssa. Rick's was extremely over-priced. I did not expect to pay $50 for a simple breakfast buffet, even in Las Vegas area- hint, a better choice is to go to the snack and coffee shop for pastries or breakfast sandwiches. Marssa was awesome for sashimi and the service was great!! We did not golf, but the course looked spectacular. Even though this property is on the very outskirts of Henderson there is a shuttle to the Strip, but know you must make reservations both going and coming back. Several staff members, including wait staff at bars and restaurants, gift shop, coffee shop, spa and door personnel were all very friendly and helpful. All in all, I don't have anything too negative to say. We had a very nice time. I just think the property could use a little more polishing.

Room Tip: Pool view or lake view is better than resort view (fountain in front and parking lot)
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
It is nice to see that our service in Marssa and Spa Moulay reflected the high standards we've set in place. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can make the guest experience at our hotel even better. We are very grateful for your guest perspective and hope any inconveniences were minimal during your stay with us. We always want our guests to enjoy the very best experience while with us so we regret that we did not fully meet your expectations on this occasion. We will certainly share your comments regarding our accommodations with our management team. We hope you will allow us another chance to impress you during a future stay at the Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa.
Clarkston, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The highlights:

-Don't stay here! If you're looking to get off the strip go to the Green Valley Ranch
-most of the 'resort' amenities close before check in time (4 pm)
-we had to keep our luggage with us when we arrived before check in time, and no details of the resort were provided to us about the resort
-we were charged $45(!!) for breakfast despite our booking including free breakfast
-room was worn, and did not have everything advertised
-you are charged extra for EVERYTHING (even bringing something they offered to your room)
-pool and hot tub were closed for the season, despite being advertised as heated
-there are no maps and few signs, hard to find your way around
-most everything in the area was closed

We arrived at about noon, and despite the resort obviously being fairly empty we were informed there was an extra fee to check in early, so we asked to leave our luggage and completed a pre check in process. They offered us no way to leave our luggage and we had to take it with us.

So we decide to wander around the lake las vegas area. Despite it being the middle of the day most everything was closed, and what was open (pedal boats, etc) was all rented out. So after an hour we ran out of things to do/see.

We went back to the hotel, and were just given our room key. No details about the amenities, the resort, a map, wifi information, were provided. This was the absolute worst mistake as it ruined our visit!

Our room faced the parking lot. It was fine, bed was comfortable. My issues were that there were a lot of holes in our curtains, so light still streamed in at night, and there was no heavenly robe, despite a hanger offering it.

Also we paid a $29 resort fee. What does this include? Nothing. There are no vending machines with snacks, but there's a menu of snacks saying all you have to do is call the front desk and they'll bring it to you. Turns out there's a $4 fee to bring it to you, and that doesn't include tip. This was the case for everything, there was a $4 fee to bring anything to your room, plus a 21% service fee and a 1% other fee, and none of that includes tip.

We decided to use the heated pool and found that the first pool, the kids pool, was closed. Upon reaching the adult pool we found it to be full of screaming children splashing about. What is the point of having an adult and child pool if we can't use them?? We obviously couldn't use it. Also despite there being a sign with hot tub hours, the hot tub had a closed sign in front of it. So we decide to go to the beach area. The water is really quite disgusting and cold, but at least we can relax on the quiet beach right? Wrong. We were approached and told it was closing and we needed to leave, at 3 PM!!! That's when we also found out that all the equipment rental for the resort closed at 3, and the pool would be closed soon after. We were so disappointed as we were hoping to come back to the pool at night when it might be more kid-free.

Since we were out of things to do we decided to leave the complex for the rest of the night and go to Green Valley ranch for a much more reasonably priced dinner, and shopping at the outdoor mall next door.

The next morning was the worst of all. We go to breakfast, wait in line, and then are sat at a table. The waiter comes up to us and says 'the buffet is right there'. Oooookay. No menus were ever provided. So we go to the buffet, it was fine, not a huge selection, not great food. Our waiter asks us for our vouchers, and we said we didn't have one, but that breakfast was with our reservation. He said he'd check our room number and find out. Instead he comes back and hands us a bill for $45!!! That buffet was in no way worth so much. He tells me that I need a voucher and that I'll need to deal with this myself. What excellent 'resort' service!! I had to go across the resort to the lobby and talk to them, it turns out the front desk woman had forgotten to give us vouchers (which were pre printed and already had our names on them!). I was really seething but extremely polite to the woman I dealt with and she was absolutely rude. Like somehow it's my fault your colleague forgot to give this to me?

I wish that when we had checked in someone had said 'by the way the majority of our amenities, which are x, y, z close at 3, so you should enjoy those now' Because as we were staying for one night, we didn't get to enjoy anything and had to go off complex to find anything to do from 3 pm on!

Basically this 'resort' is a 45 minute drive from Las Vegas. Do not stay here unless all you want to do is relax in the sun. If you want any sort of entertainment, or anything to do at night, it's not for you.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We'd first like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We always want to provide an enjoyable stay for each guest who walks through our door and it is clear that we missed the mark on this occasion. I'd like to extend my apologies, on behalf of our staff, for any frustrations or difficulties that you endured throughout your time with us. Your experience does not reflect our usual high standards of service and we deeply regret the challenges you faced. We'd like to point out that our $25 resort fee includes: self parking, unlimited use of Westin Workout and Spa Moulay (treatments are additional), toll-free calls, Intra-resort shuttle, concierge assisted boarding passes, secure golf bag storage, scheduled recreation and pool activities, High Speed Internet Access, unlimited water craft rental, scheduled Las Vegas Strip shuttle, and a daily newspaper. We hope you'll allow us another chance to win you over in the future.

Been to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!