We typically go to Vegas once a year for my wife's birthday to have fun and cut loose, but kind of dread the non stop and super expensive hotel seen on the strip. So we decided that we would try the Westin and give it a try, and I can tell you it was worth the venture!! Now I am a platinum member with SPG properties so I knew that the Westin should be a more upscale Sheraton property already, but was I did not expect was how big and nice the resort would be! Some Westin properties have been a little worn down and dated in my travels, but the lake Las Vegas was very nice and very updated.
Now a couple of things I should point out if you are thinking of staying here that we found out:
1. You will need a car, it is about 20 minutes from the strip without any traffic, or some type of transportation.
2. There is no casino or games at the resort, which I thought was a little weird but okay since it lowered the overall noise.
3. There is not much of a night seen at the hotel, it does have a bar area that you can go to but we did not see to many people there.
4. It is really quiet in the dessert! Don't stay here if you want to hear Vegas and be a part of the Vegas action.
5. It is colder in the desert than you would expect in the morning and evening.
6. This is not a super singles hook up and see the crazy Vegas seen. There was quite a mix of people including families there so it is a lot tamer than staying at Treasure Island and going to the clothing optional pool.
7. Hanging by the pool is fantastic and the staff for drinks and food is very attentive.
8. There is some shopping and food nearby, but not much around which is why I gave it four stars. If there was some more built into the nearby area it would a perfect getaway.
9. We did like the workout lending program as well that Westin offered.
We will plan on staying here this coming year, and look forward to our visit once again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named one of the "world's best hotels" by Travel + Leisure, The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa offers visitors a 3,600 acre resort with spa, golf course, and fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Lake Las Vegas Hotel Henderson
- Loews Hotel Henderson
- Loews Resort Henderson
- Loews Henderson
- Henderson Loews