“Great...for a kid's summer camp experience” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
3rd Night Free/Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Denver, Colorado
“Great...for a kid's summer camp experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The staff is polite, and the location is beautiful. But it is not for the adult who would prefer serenity, good internet service or relaxation. Chose this location because it is not on the strip, and because it specified an adult pool. However, the adult pool was filled with kids screaming and splashing and running. I spoke to the manager, who was polite and apologetic. Things were a bit quieter the last day, when a huge convention with a large number of children checked out. I would only recommend it for families wanting to participate in kid friendly activities.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
I'd like to apologize once again for any noise disruptions or inconveniences that you experienced at our pool. We want each of our guests to enjoy a positive experience while with us and truly regret if you did not receive the peaceful getaway you were hoping to have while with us. We hope you won't let this discourage you from booking with us again, as we would love another opportunity to welcome you back. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Santa Barbara, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

If you don't mind hot headed mangers, young staff who mostly can't be bother and if they are it's about them...I was just scolded by the house keeper for returning to my room late in the day...as she told me she has been waiting all say for me....said it like I was putting her out..

Sores are not open because help is on break with cell phone conversations.

The staff is so young and arrogant I felt like I was suppose to cater to them.

Looks as if lake Las Vegas is going under and they have sub class staff. Especially the manager.

The lake is some kind of green color and smells.....no one is here and it just isn't fun!

To bad, for them

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Feedback, positive or otherwise, is always welcome and we'd like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are saddened that your experience with us did not reflect the high standards of customer service that we've set and we apologize for any inconveniences. We will share your comments with our staff and stress our commitment to customer service. Thank you.
Cypress, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel, I have stayed here a number of times as the Lowes property, but not as a Westin property. The staff was great from the point you walked in the front door. The rooms were very nice and the dinning in the restaurants was a pleasure.

I am writing this from the adult pool during my stay, with a crazy number of wild screaming kids running all over the place. There is a kids pool on the lower level, with a slide and a great area for the kids to play but the rules don't seemed to be enforced as it appears. Not so relaxing, while my own kids are at home.

The Internet service is very bad. There is almost no working service anywhere on the property. In my room, the lobby area, restaurants, or by the pool.

Couderé use some upgrades to the property and a quite area for the adults.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns regarding your most recent visit to our property. As a return guest, we appreciate learning of your perspective and deeply regret any inconveniences that you may have experienced by our pool. We can understand your frustration during this time and we will pass your comments along to our staff. Whether staying with us for business or leisure, we want to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable visit and will certainly keep your comments in mind for the future. Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. We hope we'll have the chance to welcome you back to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I am actually writing this review while still here at the hotel. The hotel and facilities are very nice looking but it is clear that standards of service and upkeep are not up to Westin standards and fall far short of them in many respects. First, we stayed in a king lake view room, which was an average size room, with furniture that in my opinion looks a bit dark, heavy and outdated. the bathroom is not very big, which is ok but the tub grout is a brownish yellow color and makes the bath look outdated. I did like having an extendible makeup mirror. The view did include a lake view but also a view of a small "bay" with dirty brown water. In general the room was just ok for the price but I have stayed in lesser hotels like a Marriott Courtyard and found much nicer furnishings and fixtures. For example, there are no usb jacks anywhere to plug in chargers - most hotels of this caliber have this feature now. Also, the hotel property and public areas are very attractive, but nothing lavish. Without the lake view this would not be considered a very fancy resort, or a resort at all for that matter. Service and staffing is uneven and disappointing. Everything seems to be closed. The day we arrived the spa had a note on the door saying it was closing at 4 pm, and would be closed the following day as well. The bike rental shop was closed the entire time. No one at concierge desk - just a bunch of brochures, although they left sitting on the desk an internal hotel document with all their occupancy and revenue figures for the month as well as who all the VIP guests are. I guess someone was not being too careful. Trust me the occupancy figures were dismal. We were walking around the hotel the evening of our arrival. Gift shop, closed at 6 pm. Coffee shop, closed at 6 pm. Clothing boutique, also closed. Pool closes 8 pm. Everything just very quiet and dead around here. golf course brown and dead. Also find the staff to be unresponsive to guests needs. My husband and I went to the fitness center at 8 a.m. and the ice water jug there was empty. The whole hour we were there, no one came to refill it. My husband went up to the lobby when we got there, and politely asked someone to please bring water down. we were promised it would be done immediately but 20 minutes later, no water. Again made a second request, was told housekeeping was on their way right now, but 15 minutes later, still no water and we were parched and thirsty from working out. Would you believe, a third request was made and then we finally gave up. that is just such a disgrace for a Westin to not service its guests who use the fitness center. No apologies were made until the third request. Someone ought to be fired. We cut back our visit from 3 nights to 2, after reading previous reviews. The hotel could be really great but it is a disappointment with nothing compelling to make one want to come back. Only good experience here was at the restaurant Marssa at which we did have a wonderful meal. Westin really needs to step up its game here, as the place falls short of expectations.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room that has a little balcony, not windows. Also the view is better if your roo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We never like to read when a guest leaves our hotel feeling disappointed and would like extend our sincere apologies if your stay did not live up to your expectations. We value your feedback and can assure you that we have taken note of your concerns. We deeply regret any inconveniences you experienced in our fitness center, as we understand any frustrations you must have felt. Please know that your comments are taken very seriously and will be addressed with our staff to re-emphasize the high standards we wish to deliver to our guests. We regret if any of our services were not available at the time of your stay and we thank you for your review.
las Vegas, NV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I am reposting this here (shortened and made more concise) because it was interestingly filtered from Yelp, then readded after I complained, and is now filtered out of the review ratings.I am aware that some sites provide a means to have bad reviews removed, but I am not saying that occurred. My point is merely to give my opinion and I think if you look at my other reviews I am very fair. 5 star properties get 5 star ratings. My purpose is to give you my opinion relative to how one perceives a particular hotel's stature. For example, Westin isn't a luxury brand but includes some properties that are pretty close to that. So my review takes into account how this property is perceived as part of a 4-star brand, IMO. I give a rating within the limitation of what I think the general perception of a given brand is. So here is my evaluation and the reasons I gave this a 1. I am sorry I had to repeat this on Trip Advisor, but it's unfair that my review isn't included somewhere. I do not expect management to respond, as they already did to the last one before it was mysteriously filtered out.

I am an SPG Platinum..

I live in Vegas and booked this hotel just to complete my SPG Plat. I have stayed all over the World, so I know what 5 star hotels at reasonable prices (try Le Palais in Prague or the King George in Athens, or a Ritz Carlton or Park Hyatt) are supposed to be like.
This is not a 5 star, 4 star , or , unfortunately for a variety of reasons even a 3 star hotel.
Let's cover the issues: I brought my pet and was presented with a 4 page contract to sign in addition to a pet fee that should have been communicated by SPG when I booked this.

Thankfully, i was assigned to a "pet friendly" room (I assume ones that already have issues) with a number of carpet stains, consequently my dog laying on the bed provided an upgrade to the room's appearance.
The resort fee, i was told, would be waived and it was.
IMO this place isn't what one expects of a resort. At no time did I feel I was in a resort environment, rather just a hotel in the middle of .....nowhere. Lake Las Vegas is a failed development that went bankrupt, and 2 of the 3 golf courses were abandoned.
I cannot recommend anyone paying the rate charged here given the terrible location. There is no dearth of much better, cheaper properties
The toilet in the room ran continuously, and I had to perform surgery on the plunger mechanism to make it stop.
Taking one look at the shower, I decided they intentionally painted some of the grout dark brown .
If you asked my dog, she enjoyed seeing ducks for the first time and was mesmerized by them. I was mesmerized by the pile of dirt on the sidewalk on the side of the hotel, as well as the dog poop on the overrun golf course adjacent to the hotel. The hotel could be faulted for the piles of dirt and should make an effort to remove the poop on the property adjoin theirs just to improve the appearance. The golf course has become an eyesore.
Nobody was particularly surly, and i didn't see any gang members with weaponry staring each other down as one reviewer on another site indicated, but I felt my best course of action was simply to get in my car and drive the 20 minutes to my house and comment on my experience. . I can't blame it ALL on hotel management, so I'll place some of the blame on Starwood and some on me for wasting money here just to get Plat status .
I have no idea how any reviewer could give this hotel a 4 or 5 star rating unless they are used to staying at "America's Best Value Inn"
The ONLY good thing I have to say is I got some Starpoints, the most valuable mileage currency around.
Thank goodness it's only $155 wasted.
And if you are thinking why this grades out at a 1, I am holding back some thoughts I just don't have time on which to elaborate. Take it from a guy who is an SPG Platinum Member, Hyatt Diamond, and IHG Royal Ambassador. I know what a 1 is for a 4 star property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Your feedback is always welcome and we thank you for taking the time to once again reach out to us. I'd like to apologize again for the inconveniences you encountered while staying with us. It is truly disappointing to learn of your experience with us and I'd like to assure you that your concerns have been addressed with our staff. As an SPG Platinum member and seasoned traveler, we appreciate your thorough review. Constructive feedback such as yours is an important part of improving our property and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to get a clear perspective of your time spent with us. We hope to someday welcome you back again.
Langley City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed t the Westin Lake Las Vegas a couple weeks ago for 6 nights. We truly enjoyed the hotel. We went with another couple. We actually prefer to be away from the strip. The shuttle service could drive us to the Westin just off the strip...so we did go down a couple of times to take in Shows and for dinners. The shuttle also will take you to the Montelago where there is a casino as well as a small village with wonderful shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Try to book a Lakefront Suite
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback regarding our shuttle service to the exciting Las Vegas entertainment and Casino MonteLago. We are truly pleased to learn that you enjoyed your six-night visit with us. Thank you for sharing your review and we hope you'll have another opportunity to visit with us again at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa!
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful. Everything you would expect of a Las Vegas resort property. The service at check-in was quick and efficient. Bell-service was timely. The room is nicely appointed with a large comfortable king bed, tv, sliding doors that overlooked the front entrance, and a large bathroom. The lobby and lounge areas are comfortable with plenty of seating areas. So, for the portion above 4-5 star rating, then it turns south.
The internet service is rather crappy. I could not hold a signal long at all, during peak hours or at 5 in the morning. The rooms are not very sound-proof. You can hear everything in the hallway, and through the adjoining door. I have kids, so i don't mind a family setting, but It is like a kids summer camp in the room area and the common areas. They have a family pool and an adult pool. Only by looking at the map could we tell the difference. Kids were all over both, so we decided against. This was our last kid-free evening of our vacation, so a definite bummer. We have stayed on the strip a few times before, and I have always wondered why families bring their kids to Vegas. Its because they stay here and can just let them run free. The family of 5 next to us with the screaming baby and basketball bouncing older child, one day, you will have a chance to get away without your kids and I wish you better than what you shared with us!
Would I stay here again? With my family-maybe. For business or romance-no.
Would I recommend? With disclosure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
We do regret to learn that your experience did not reflect the high standards we hope to achieve and we wish we could have had the opportunity to address any concerns with you at the time of your stay. We highly value each and every one of the reviews that we receive from our guests and truly appreciate you sharing your comments and concerns with us. We hope that you'll someday allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to provide you with the 5-star stay that you deserve and that we know we are capable of providing. Thank you.

Been to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!