“Very nice property, not for a working vacation however” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
3rd Night Free/Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Cypress, Texas
“Very nice property, not for a working vacation however”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel, I have stayed here a number of times as the Lowes property, but not as a Westin property. The staff was great from the point you walked in the front door. The rooms were very nice and the dinning in the restaurants was a pleasure.

I am writing this from the adult pool during my stay, with a crazy number of wild screaming kids running all over the place. There is a kids pool on the lower level, with a slide and a great area for the kids to play but the rules don't seemed to be enforced as it appears. Not so relaxing, while my own kids are at home.

The Internet service is very bad. There is almost no working service anywhere on the property. In my room, the lobby area, restaurants, or by the pool.

Couderé use some upgrades to the property and a quite area for the adults.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and concerns regarding your most recent visit to our property. As a return guest, we appreciate learning of your perspective and deeply regret any inconveniences that you may have experienced by our pool. We can understand your frustration during this time and we will pass your comments along to our staff. Whether staying with us for business or leisure, we want to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable visit and will certainly keep your comments in mind for the future. Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. We hope we'll have the chance to welcome you back to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I am actually writing this review while still here at the hotel. The hotel and facilities are very nice looking but it is clear that standards of service and upkeep are not up to Westin standards and fall far short of them in many respects. First, we stayed in a king lake view room, which was an average size room, with furniture that in my opinion looks a bit dark, heavy and outdated. the bathroom is not very big, which is ok but the tub grout is a brownish yellow color and makes the bath look outdated. I did like having an extendible makeup mirror. The view did include a lake view but also a view of a small "bay" with dirty brown water. In general the room was just ok for the price but I have stayed in lesser hotels like a Marriott Courtyard and found much nicer furnishings and fixtures. For example, there are no usb jacks anywhere to plug in chargers - most hotels of this caliber have this feature now. Also, the hotel property and public areas are very attractive, but nothing lavish. Without the lake view this would not be considered a very fancy resort, or a resort at all for that matter. Service and staffing is uneven and disappointing. Everything seems to be closed. The day we arrived the spa had a note on the door saying it was closing at 4 pm, and would be closed the following day as well. The bike rental shop was closed the entire time. No one at concierge desk - just a bunch of brochures, although they left sitting on the desk an internal hotel document with all their occupancy and revenue figures for the month as well as who all the VIP guests are. I guess someone was not being too careful. Trust me the occupancy figures were dismal. We were walking around the hotel the evening of our arrival. Gift shop, closed at 6 pm. Coffee shop, closed at 6 pm. Clothing boutique, also closed. Pool closes 8 pm. Everything just very quiet and dead around here. golf course brown and dead. Also find the staff to be unresponsive to guests needs. My husband and I went to the fitness center at 8 a.m. and the ice water jug there was empty. The whole hour we were there, no one came to refill it. My husband went up to the lobby when we got there, and politely asked someone to please bring water down. we were promised it would be done immediately but 20 minutes later, no water. Again made a second request, was told housekeeping was on their way right now, but 15 minutes later, still no water and we were parched and thirsty from working out. Would you believe, a third request was made and then we finally gave up. that is just such a disgrace for a Westin to not service its guests who use the fitness center. No apologies were made until the third request. Someone ought to be fired. We cut back our visit from 3 nights to 2, after reading previous reviews. The hotel could be really great but it is a disappointment with nothing compelling to make one want to come back. Only good experience here was at the restaurant Marssa at which we did have a wonderful meal. Westin really needs to step up its game here, as the place falls short of expectations.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room that has a little balcony, not windows. Also the view is better if your roo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
We never like to read when a guest leaves our hotel feeling disappointed and would like extend our sincere apologies if your stay did not live up to your expectations. We value your feedback and can assure you that we have taken note of your concerns. We deeply regret any inconveniences you experienced in our fitness center, as we understand any frustrations you must have felt. Please know that your comments are taken very seriously and will be addressed with our staff to re-emphasize the high standards we wish to deliver to our guests. We regret if any of our services were not available at the time of your stay and we thank you for your review.
Langley City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed t the Westin Lake Las Vegas a couple weeks ago for 6 nights. We truly enjoyed the hotel. We went with another couple. We actually prefer to be away from the strip. The shuttle service could drive us to the Westin just off the strip...so we did go down a couple of times to take in Shows and for dinners. The shuttle also will take you to the Montelago where there is a casino as well as a small village with wonderful shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Try to book a Lakefront Suite
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback regarding our shuttle service to the exciting Las Vegas entertainment and Casino MonteLago. We are truly pleased to learn that you enjoyed your six-night visit with us. Thank you for sharing your review and we hope you'll have another opportunity to visit with us again at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa!
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful. Everything you would expect of a Las Vegas resort property. The service at check-in was quick and efficient. Bell-service was timely. The room is nicely appointed with a large comfortable king bed, tv, sliding doors that overlooked the front entrance, and a large bathroom. The lobby and lounge areas are comfortable with plenty of seating areas. So, for the portion above 4-5 star rating, then it turns south.
The internet service is rather crappy. I could not hold a signal long at all, during peak hours or at 5 in the morning. The rooms are not very sound-proof. You can hear everything in the hallway, and through the adjoining door. I have kids, so i don't mind a family setting, but It is like a kids summer camp in the room area and the common areas. They have a family pool and an adult pool. Only by looking at the map could we tell the difference. Kids were all over both, so we decided against. This was our last kid-free evening of our vacation, so a definite bummer. We have stayed on the strip a few times before, and I have always wondered why families bring their kids to Vegas. Its because they stay here and can just let them run free. The family of 5 next to us with the screaming baby and basketball bouncing older child, one day, you will have a chance to get away without your kids and I wish you better than what you shared with us!
Would I stay here again? With my family-maybe. For business or romance-no.
Would I recommend? With disclosure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
We do regret to learn that your experience did not reflect the high standards we hope to achieve and we wish we could have had the opportunity to address any concerns with you at the time of your stay. We highly value each and every one of the reviews that we receive from our guests and truly appreciate you sharing your comments and concerns with us. We hope that you'll someday allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to provide you with the 5-star stay that you deserve and that we know we are capable of providing. Thank you.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My first visit to Vegas and the 1st two days our stay was at the Flamingo Hotel but our next two day was at The Amazing Westin Lake Resort with breathtaking views from the Hotel.I loved it and felt and seen how God created this beautiful land for everyone to view and thanks to the staff who make our stay Awsome and I would encourage anyone who reads this to take that trip to Westin Resort and experience and see beauty all over in the Hotel and outside.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
We can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your beautiful review with us. It's truly heartwarming to read your comments and I'm looking forward to sharing your kind review with our staff. Thank you and we hope we get the pleasure to welcome you back to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa.
Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and found a long line ( over 20 People) waiting to check in. Two staff members on the front desk were unable to keep up with the demand. We waited 30 minutes to check in. Our room was on the pool side and at 9:30 a movie was playing right outside and below our window. The sound was very loud and disturbing. We were told this is a regular Saturday occurrence so if you're not planning to be out of your room, ask for a room away from the pool side on Saturday evenings.

The Spa and Fitness Center were closed due to a "mechanical problem" and the area in the hotel where they were located smelled like a sewer. An alternate Fitness Center was set up on the top floor but when we arrived there to work out we found a pile of dirty towels on a table just inside the door, overflowing trash containers, no water, and a generally unfavorable atmosphere. There was no way to clean the machines before using so we gave up on the idea of using them.

When we walked out of our room we saw Room Service tables in the corridor that reeked with odor. We wondered how long they had been there.

The $25.00 Resort Fee was charged for use of the pools, Spa and Fitness Center among other things. We demanded our resort fee be refunded and the staff did so with apologies for the condition of the Fitness Center and the Spa closure. They offered a free breakfast which later turned out to be disappointing. Long lines at the buffet and long faces on the staff indicated that everyone was under pressure and not in a good mood.

I'm a lifetime Starwood Gold Member and I have to say this is the worst experience I have ever had at any Starwood property in the world. No upgrades offered and a room on a lower floor that was not designated as a Starwood Preferred Guest floor.

This is a gorgeous setting for a lackluster hotel property. Check further reviews before committing to stay. Perhaps our experience was an anomaly and a result of bad timing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
On behalf of our entire staff, I'd like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced while with us. It is truly disappointing to learn when a guest leaves and feels they did not have their expectations met. As a valued SPG Gold member, we deeply regret if your experience did not live up to the high standards you've come to expect from the Starwood brand. Please rest assured that your comments have been noted and will be addressed with our staff. Thank you.
South Londonderry, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed at this Westin about two weeks ago. I only stayed one night but I really wish I had stayed more. The staff was so nice to me right from the start. I was traveling as a single female headed to do some volunteer work in Utah so my appearance was not the usual Vegas garb. It did not seem to matter at all to the attendants. The guy who checked me in, Elrick, was so kind to me and took so much time to explain things to me. Which is HUGE to me considering my room was a discounted one. The consideration I received was far beyond what I get at other hotels. The hotel was BEAUTIFUL, clean and breakfast in the morning at Rick's cafe was delicious. I highly recommend this place. I am already planning my next trip here. I will never stay at another hotel in Vegas.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
What a wonderful review. Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments regarding the customer service that you received. It is truly encouraging to read your glowing remarks and we look forward to sharing your comments with our team. We couldn't be happier that you recent experience has inspired a return visit and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Signature at MGM Grand
#13 of 270 in Las Vegas
4.5 of 5 stars 9,614 reviews
The Strip
The Westin Las Vegas Hotel, Casino & Spa
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa

Been to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!