We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and found a long line ( over 20 People) waiting to check in. Two staff members on the front desk were unable to keep up with the demand. We waited 30 minutes to check in. Our room was on the pool side and at 9:30 a movie was playing right outside and below our window. The sound was very loud and disturbing. We were told this is a regular Saturday occurrence so if you're not planning to be out of your room, ask for a room away from the pool side on Saturday evenings.
The Spa and Fitness Center were closed due to a "mechanical problem" and the area in the hotel where they were located smelled like a sewer. An alternate Fitness Center was set up on the top floor but when we arrived there to work out we found a pile of dirty towels on a table just inside the door, overflowing trash containers, no water, and a generally unfavorable atmosphere. There was no way to clean the machines before using so we gave up on the idea of using them.
When we walked out of our room we saw Room Service tables in the corridor that reeked with odor. We wondered how long they had been there.
The $25.00 Resort Fee was charged for use of the pools, Spa and Fitness Center among other things. We demanded our resort fee be refunded and the staff did so with apologies for the condition of the Fitness Center and the Spa closure. They offered a free breakfast which later turned out to be disappointing. Long lines at the buffet and long faces on the staff indicated that everyone was under pressure and not in a good mood.
I'm a lifetime Starwood Gold Member and I have to say this is the worst experience I have ever had at any Starwood property in the world. No upgrades offered and a room on a lower floor that was not designated as a Starwood Preferred Guest floor.
This is a gorgeous setting for a lackluster hotel property. Check further reviews before committing to stay. Perhaps our experience was an anomaly and a result of bad timing.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Lake Las Vegas Hotel Henderson
- Loews Lake Las Vegas Hotel
- Loews Hotel Henderson
- Loews Resort Henderson
- Loews Henderson
- Henderson Loews
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named one of the "world's best hotels" by Travel + Leisure, The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa offers visitors a 3,600 acre resort with spa, golf course, and fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Tingo, BookIt.com, Venere, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Agoda so you can book your The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.