“Great Place to Get Away in Las Vegas” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
3rd Night Free/Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
“Great Place to Get Away in Las Vegas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I thought this was a great hotel for a great price. We got a good discount rate which was about 1/3 as much as many of the hotels on the strip offered for the weekend. The hotel was great but it was not your typical Vegas hotel. If your looking for lots of gambling, boozing, and craziness, this probably is not the place to be. But if you want a romantic, fun and relaxing vacation I would definitely recommend it. They were right next to the Lake and in the day you could do water sports, sit by several nice pools, bike or hike. I had a great time relaxing by their pool and drinking fruity cocktails. In the evening you could sit outside in the beautiful weather. They had various couches and fire pits and people were even roasting smores. It was very romantic to just sit and look at the stars. Overall a great hotel.
One more thing I liked is that they charged a $20 a day resort fee but we actually felt we got something for it. The fee included parking, free wi-fi, and use of the pools and gym. This was very different than the strip hotel we stayed at the previous few days were we paid a resort fee of $20 and seemed to get nothing for it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
We're always pleased when we can provide our guests with great quality service and a memorable stay at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa. We're truly grateful that you've taken the time to share your feedback with us, as it seems like you enjoyed a truly relaxing trip! We're glad that you were overall satisfied with our amenities and services and we hope we'll have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Do you want to feel like your the only guest in a Hotel and everyone caters to your every need? This is the feeling you will get by staying at the lovely HEAVENLY Westin. The front desk staff was so helpful and made you feel so special from check-in to check-out. The housekeeping staff were always smiling considering their hard job. The rooms were absolutely gorgeous and sooo comfortable. Everyone would go out of their way to greet you and ask how your stay was going with smiles and sincerity. The property is beyond perfect!!!
THANK YOU WESTIN !!!!

Room Tip: All Rooms are Heavenly but if you perfer a room facing the lake, you just have to ask and the staff...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
What a lovely review! Thank you for summing up an experience we hope each and every one of our guests has while with visiting with us. It's truly encouraging to read your glowing review and I'm looking forward to sharing your comments with our staff. We'd like to thank you once again for taking the time to share your impressions. It would be an honor to welcome you back to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa.
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I'm a *constant* traveler and spend around 150 nights per year in hotels. Some of them get reviewed because they're awful - shockingly awful in the case of my last review - and some because they're unusually good.

In the case of this westin, be aware this is NOT a big Vegas casino or party palace. This property is *ideal* for a family, a corporate meeting, a couple seeking romantic escape. The hotel is WAY outside Vegas almost to Lake Mead or the Hoover Dam. It's VERY isolated and quiet. At night, it's silent and dark out here. During the day, guests have a small private beach, water toys, golf, the desert, and nearby of course Lake Mead and the Dam.

Also, beware the room you reserve and get. The hotel has six floors with some rooms facing the lake and some facing the parking lot. My view was of the parking lot and obscured by part of the roof. Blah.

All in all, I'd return with my family or for a corporate retreat. Again, go there knowing what it is and where it is and you will be pleased. Go there expecting a party and you will be unhappy.

• Stayed April 2013
As a seasoned traveler, we're truly grateful that you've taken the time to share your impressions of our resort. We're certain that our future guests will appreciate the level of detail that you've provided in your review. Thank you for your perspective and we look forward to your return to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa.
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We just got back from a 2 day stay and all I have to say is that it was fabulous! The staff was very friendly. The gentleman that checked us in was Elrick and had excellent customer service skills, he really made us feel welcome. The room was really nice with an amazing view of the lake. I was impressed with this property. It really made a difference staying here, after a long day at the strip it is really nice to come back and just relax in peaceful environment. The heavenly bed was extremely comfortable. The location is about 45 minutes from the strip however it is totally worth the drive. Parking was free too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
It's wonderful to read so many positive comments in one review. We're delighted that we were able to impress you with everything our resort has to offer. Your beautiful review of our property is very much appreciated. Thank you for choosing The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is Hawaii in the middle of Nevada. Beautiful hotel with marocco-themed decor, Beautiful rooms, great restaurants. Pool and ...wait for it...A Beach! 2 visits and we will be back, even now when we move to Las Vegas!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa! Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely description of our property. We're always delighted when we can provide our guests with such a positive experience and we look forward to your return.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

When I first arrived, they entered my credit card wrong (which was verified by my bank) and they refused to actually try to verify it CLOSELY. After they refused to do the task they sent me to an ATM that didnt have sufficient funds itself. After I started to assure them they need to enter my credit card correctly, I had my reservations. I originally reserved 1 King Bed but was given a double bed room. I was given hardly any direction in how to get to my room because there are different wings and separate elevators for certain sections. Throughout this process I was not asked for any assistance with my bags (and I had a dog in my arm). When I got to my room I immediately knew that I have been in better. It had dated carpeting and stained walls. There was no city information or any magazines that are usually left for the traveler, not even a bible! I wanted to eat and didnt have a local directory and there services within the hotel were closed. The breakfast was very good and affordable, but I had to alert a manager because no one was serving me after 5 long minutes. The pools and sunbathing was really great, I recommend getting there early to get yourself a seat just like any other pool area, the service was not good and it took over 30 minutes to receive my lunch. Public water also ran empty. There was more of children's area and one for adults in terms of pools. There was a nice artificial lake to look at and it was very wildlife enriching. I liked the landscaping and the shuttle service, you can also use paddle boats and do outdoor activities using the lake and amenities. It wasn't bad for the price but I would have expected better customer service, accurate reservations, and a dog relief area.

Room Tip: You can have a resort view or lake view. Lake view is more private since there isn't anyone on t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
It's regrettable to learn that your experience with us did not live up to the high standards that we've set for our property and we deeply regret any inconveniences. The level of detail that you've provided in your review is greatly appreciated and we’d like to extend our sincere apologies for any difficulties that you experienced at check-in. We appreciate that you've addressed these concerns with us because it gives us the ability to improve for our future guests. Thank you and we hope you’ll someday allow us the opportunity to welcome you back again.
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We recently had a wonderful 3-night stay at the Westin Lake Las Vegas. This is a beautiful resort in a lovely area right on the shore of Lake Las Vegas. Upon arrival, the room we were first assigned was a bit disappointing - not the view we were expecting. Jennifer, at the front desk, provided exceptional service and helped us to find the perfect room. We had a lovely unit with a full sitting balcony (most of the rooms have no balcony or a juliette balcony) overlooking the lagoon, lake and andalusian garden. We enjoyed breakfast pastries from the coffee shop on our balcony each morning. There are many wonderful places to walk or run, including a quiet trail along the lake to the nearby village. I guess this used to be the golf course trail, but the golf course is not currently operating. The village was a bit deserted and many units are empty, but it is still very charming and there are some good restaurants. We also hightly recommend the asian-fusion restaurant, Marssa, on-site at the hotel. The stand-up paddleboards are tons of fun. It was a bit windy, but the protected lagoon was the perfect place for first-time paddleboarders. We definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a quiet retreat away from the noise and crowds of the strip.

Room Tip: Go for the lagoon/lake view! Request a balcony room. Even a juliette balcony would be nice because...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We’re truly pleased that our staff was able to help find the perfect accommodations for you. It's wonderful that you were able to take full advantage of our balcony and begin each morning enjoying the views of the water. We truly appreciate that you've recommended our hotel, as well as our Marssa restaurant, and we hope we'll have the pleasure to welcome you back to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa. Thank you.

Been to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!