Rooms: We used extra points to book an upgraded pool view room based on previous reviews. We arrived at midday,by 6pm we were told they only had a parking lot view room. Room was more like a motel room. We asked for a move the next day as the plug in the bath did not work, there was hair all over the bathroom and a partly drunk water bottle in the room. We got a lake view room. It looks like about 1 in every 2 or 3 pool/lake view rooms has a regular window rather than a full length window with Juliette balcony. I don't think the regular window is worth the upgrade. Beds are hard. This is the 5th westin resort we have stayed in and the only one without the sweet sleeper beds, and our least favorite so far.
The foyer and pools are very nice, if a bit of a mess with the stuff people leave behind not being picked up. Pool was warm enough during spring break to swim in, but not to want to stay in it for too long. Our kids loved the free kayaks. Ricks cafe food is mediocre. We had the burger and flatbread (flatbread was soggy). Breakfast was ok. There is a pretty pedestrian area a few minutes drive away, but it is a shame to see the effect of the recession as about 2/3rds of the restaurants and shops are closed. Other than that the area of henderson close by does not look safe and we had to drive 20 minutes to find a good restaurant. Did not try the food from the coffee shop but the coffee was very good and staff nice.
I think after this we may explore another hotel reward points credit card as we don't expect to get a downgraded room from what we booked as a gold member.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Lake Las Vegas Hotel Henderson
- Loews Lake Las Vegas Hotel
- Loews Hotel Henderson
- Loews Resort Henderson
- Loews Henderson
- Henderson Loews
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named one of the "world's best hotels" by Travel + Leisure, The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa offers visitors a 3,600 acre resort with spa, golf course, and fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, BookIt.com, Venere, Starwood, getaroom.com, Priceline, Otel and Agoda so you can book your The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.