We stayed at this hotel for five nights in Feb 2013, and it was generally fine in all the fundamentals. I hadn't realised how far the hotel was from decent (outside) restaurants or the strip, but that's on me and not them.
Westin apparently bought this property last year (2012) and are slowly working improving it according to the guy at the front desk. I found the staff unrelentingly positive and pretty good, though the concierge seemed a little flustered when we asked for a day-long drive-around itinerary. A surfeit of nice, and the staff were mostly competent.
The one thing that really kind of annoyed me was that a separate 'resort fee' was charged, of $22 per night. As I paid for this trip with points, I was really unpleasantly surprised to be handed a cash bill at the end. Included in this fee are what I think of as the basics when you book into a 'resort and spa', such as use of the pool and fitness room. This also annoyed me to no end at the time.
I made a serious suggestion to the front desk and don't know if it resonated. It was this: their fitness room is left over from the old hotel. You're in this beautiful location with gorgeous winter weather, miles and miles of trails and options like outdoor swimming, and then you go for a workout and the room they have with the gym is somewhat cramped has no windows. It's literally a basement room and just...crappy for what they're charging and trying to project. I would love to go for a kind of fitness vacation in this area, and that would fit their motif with the spas and relaxation thing. If you're looking for that however, this is not the place - yet.
The thing that I appreciated deeply about the hotel was that they had a self-serve laundry. That's a rare, prize feature for a four / five star hotel for some reason, and very useful when you have a pile of sweaty clothes and no expense account.
Something else I appreciated was that I could buy a quality salad and a coffee at the downstairs mini-cafe, which was a pretty good deal and convenient in the morning.
- Also Known As:
- Loews Lake Las Vegas Hotel
- Loews Lake Las Vegas Hotel Henderson
- Loews Hotel Henderson
- Loews Resort Henderson
- Loews Henderson
- Henderson Loews
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named one of the "world's best hotels" by Travel + Leisure, The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa offers visitors a 3,600 acre resort with spa, golf course, and fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Olotels, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.