“Great Staff and BEAUTIFUL View!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
3rd Night Free/Breakfast
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Staff and BEAUTIFUL View!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a business conference. The staff was extremely friendly, especially Lee in tech support and Ellie in Rick's Cafe. The room was very clean with a very comfortable bed. The view is spectacular. I will return again for a relaxing few days. A very impressive hotel in a wonderful environment!

Room Tip: Several of us had different views, but all either over looked the pool, or lake.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
We're looking forward to welcoming you back for a relaxing getaway! Thank you for sharing your experience with us, as we truly appreciate your kind comments regarding the customer service that you received. We're glad that we were able to impress you with all that The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa has to offer and we look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

We have been to las Vegas and always stayed on the strip ,but we noticed the westin hotel on our last trip and thought it was a fantastic location,we were not disappointed, the hotel rooms are very clean and the lake view is fantastic .having travelled from the uk we were spent but soon recovered ,they must have the most comfortable beds in the world at this hotel, the food was great and the staff very attentive I would recomend this hotel as the ideal spot you can get into Vegas quickly and stay at the lakes and relax during the daytime ,I have stayed at hotels all over the world and this I rate as one of the best,

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
We couldn't be more excited to learn that you have rated us one of the best hotels. As a seasoned traveler, we appreciate that you've shared your experience at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa and we're glad that you enjoyed a comfortable night's rest with our Westin Hotels & Resorts Exclusive Heavenly Beds. Thank you for your lovely description of your time with us and we hope that we get the pleasure to welcome you back again.
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was hoping that the Westin Lake Las Vegas would be a cool little gem up above the bustle of Las Vegas. Unfortunately it's a bit of a ghost town with challenging access to the city. When I asked (and later called) about a taxi the front desk person responded like I was crazy.
It's so secluded that taxis aren't lined up out front. Transportation takes a bunch of work and waiting. I guess most people walk here.
As for the rooms - better than camping - but this place is worn, really worn. Sun bleached carpet, scrapes on the walls and outdated fixtures.
To top it all off they charge a "resort fee" in addiiton to the room rate. They justify this charge for services that nobody wants or uses, but they hide it and stick it to you at the desk. It's a rip off - they must be so desperate for money that they have to resort to this type of scam. I'll never be back.

Room Tip: I'm a plat spg - I expected (and earned) an "upgraded" room.... go here with low expec...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your impressions with us. We truly regret if our charges were not made clear to you and we apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced as a result. It's disappointing to read that your experience didn't meet your expectations and we can assure you that your review will be shared with our staff members to re-emphasize the high standards of customer service we wish to deliver.
Wirral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I had my wedding here on 2nd October and it was such an amazing day. I can't praise the hotel and the staff enough! The hotel and surroundings are just stunning and it really does look just as amazing as in the photographs. My wedding photographs are amazing given the stunning location and surrounding mountains! Obama was staying here the day we got married so it was a little chaotic getting into the place with security searches, sniffer dogs and secret Service staff everywhere but it certainly was an experience. The staff handled it exceptionally well and i was still made to feel the day was all about me - even though the president was staying!
I didn't actually stay the night here but i was given a suite to get ready in and the room was amazing with gorgeous views out over the lake. The whole place was immacculate and the grounds were well maintained.
We had our wedding meal in Rick's Cafe. Rick's Cafe makes it sound like some sort of little bistro but the place was lovely. We had our own seating area which was sectioned off from the main area by white drapes - all very tranquil and exotic! The food was delicious and there was pleanty of it (by british standards anyway!). We had our own bar staff and it seemed i had my own personal waiter too - unfortunately i can't remember his name but he ensured my drinks were always topped up and was even there to push my chair in each time i got back to my seat - very attentive!
The only downside to the food was that a few of my guests commented that they couldn't have their steak well cooked and it had to be brought out to them first and then they had to send it back to get it well done. I didn't find out about this until the next day thought and although it wasn't a major issue - just something my guests commented on!
The resort also provided my wedding cake, which again, was amazing. Fluffy light sponge, filled with strawberries and topped with a gorgeous white chocolate icing. Shame i only got to have one slice as my Husband ate the rest of it back at our hotel room - and he doesn't even have a sweet tooth apparently?!!
Overall, our wedding day was amazing from start to finish. We stayed on the strip and only came to the resort for the day to get married but it was wonderful to get away from the craziness of the strip and step into this calm oasis. It's just a shame that the day went so quick and i didn't feel i got to experience all that this resort had to offer. At sunset, the firepits were all lit and people were relaxing outside having a few drinks. I'd already arranged transport for my guests back to the strip so didn't stay late into the evening. I would definately recommend staying here if you want to relax in peaceful sorroundings with stunning views. It is about 30 - 40 minutes away from the strip so if you want to neon lights and bustling atmostphere of the strip then you're unlikely to find it here. I will always have fond memories of this place. A place where i had my dream wedding and a place which far outweighed my expectations. If you're thinking of getting married here, you wont be dissappointed!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We can't thank you enough for sharing your beautiful review with us. We are truly honored that you chose to celebrate your wedding at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, as it was our pleasure to help you create the wedding of your dreams. We're overjoyed to learn that your experience at our resort exceeded your expectations and we sincerely appreciate your kind recognition of our staff members. We are truly grateful that you took the time to relive your experience, as we're delighted to learn that your big day was everything you had hoped for and more. Thank you for sharing your lovely description and we wish a lifetime of happiness to you both.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Yes, it's 30+ minutes from the strip, but that's a small price to pay for the quiet and being away from the hustle and bustle. Rooms are typical of Westins - tasteful stylish and very comfortable (one of my favorites). The hotel is not too large either - and seems personal - the opposite of the impersonal mega-resort hotels on-strip. The staff here are welcoming, polite, courteous, and have time to take care of you. They genuinely seem happy to help out. The pool areas are great - drinks can sometimes be a little slow to arrive, but if you're here, you're not likely in a rush! I used the kayak rental a couple of times during my stay - it's actually included in the resort fee you pay - and spent a pleasant few hours paddling the lake from end to end.

The only gripe would be that after midnight there is nowhere in the hotel to get drinks, apart from delivery to wherever you want to drink (and the extra delivery fee attached to that). The late night dining menu is very limited too. For late night drinks, the casino in the village, 1.5 miles away, is where you need to go.

I'll definitely consider coming back for a retreat and weekend of R&R here. The perfect place to switch off, and easily pop onto the strip when necessary.

Room Tip: A lake view room. Some of the higher floor rooms have thinner walls though, so if you like quiet, ma...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your lovely description of The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa. It's always wonderful to learn when we can provide our guests with great quality service and we'd like to thank you for sharing your kind comments regarding our staff members. For any inconveniences that you encountered that may have impacted your relaxing getaway with us, we truly apologize. It seems like you truly made the most out of your time with us and we hope that you'll choose to visit with us again, as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.
Earth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here 9/17-9/19. It was just after 2 large groups had departed the day before. We had the property almost to ourselves! Beautiful grounds and buildings. The lake was unswimmable due to a recent monsoon there which created some bacteria. We stayed on the 9th floor which had a beautiful view of the lake and surrounding area. The pools were very nice and the staff put us in a comped cabana due to the quiet time we were there. Suzanne the pool waitress was very helpful and told us of President Obama's visit a few weeks before. Looks like he was there again the day before the debate according to the Wall Street Journal. We ate at the Japanese restaurant on-site but didn't find much on the menu to choose from. Another night we ate at an Italian restaurant in Montelago Village which was very good. Very nice location away from The Strip, would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
It's always nice to read about our guests' experience at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa and we truly appreciate you sharing your impressions with us. We regret that you weren't able to enjoy the lake due to the unfortunate effects of the storm and hope that you'll have the opportunity to experience all that our resort has to offer during your next visit. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to your return.
virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I am returning to this resort because of work and this is the chosen spot booked for our group. While the resort is pleasant, I am really miffed that there are no tennis courts. They offer a half "sport court". This is not good enough for a place that calls itself a resort and has plenty of grounds, but no tennis?? Is this not the town of Andre Agassi??? I will try my best to enjoy my return there this week, but without tennis I feel something is missing. Management, please tell me why there is no tennis court?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
We appreciate you reaching out to us about the tennis courts, as we always want to ensure that each of our guests receive the best possible experience at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa. While we do not have our own tennis courts, there are private courts offered by Lake Las Vegas. More information about this option is available on our website, as we do suggest making a reservation prior to playing. Thank you for your review.

Been to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!