“Great place for a family” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
3rd Night Free/Breakfast
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
La Habra, California
“Great place for a family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We came to Nevada to enjoy the days on Lake Mead and the relaxing nights in the comforts of a great hotel.

The hotel is beautiful - from the outside to Lobby to the rooms.

The best thing about this hotel - especially if you have kids - is the amazing pools (1 with a slide), the mini beach, and mini golf, and playground. The kids loved the pool so much that we had to allow them more pool play time instead of Lake Mead. The pool closes at 8pm - which is a little to early, but enjoyable just the same. Every time we were at the pool their were several life guards on duty. The above features makes the resort fee worth it.

We also enjoyed the restaurants and breakfast buffet in the morning - kids under 5 free at the breakfast. Room service was also great - we splurged on ice cream room service - yummy.

This hotel is not convenient if you want easy access to the strip - but they do have a shuttle for drop off and pick up 1 time a day. We found this inconvenient, so we drove to the strip and parked at Planet Hollywood parking structure which is free!

I ended up leaving my credit card at the restaurant the morning of our departure. They mailed it back to me timely - which was great service.

Love the comforts of this hotel - plus the fun in the sun days on Lake Mead.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
It's wonderful to read how much the kids enjoyed our pool area! We greatly appreciate you sharing your review about The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, as it seems you and your family really made the most out of your Nevada visit. After enjoying your days on Lake Mead, it was our pleasure to provide you with a comfortable place to come back to and we're glad everyone enjoyed our Marssa restaurant and Rick's Cafe. Though we sincerely regret any inconveniences that you experienced during your family getaway, we hope that we get the pleasure to welcome you back again. Thank you for posting your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Midlothian, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

My wife, two sons and I spent 3 lovely nights at this resort. I was a bit concerned based on the reviews I had read here. Fortunately, our experience was excellent! I am a Starwood Platinum member and we stayed here using points I had earned. The staff was very professional and took great care of us at check in, restaurants, the pool and the spa! They went the extra mile and we had a lovely stay in our suite and adjoining room overlooking the lake. The resort was relatively empty our first 2 nights but was more crowded on Friday. Still, the hotel was great and I would stay here again if in the Las Vegas area. If you are looking for a nice hotel with great amenities away from the hustle and bustle of he Vegas strip, this is your place.

One cautionary note I would provide is the golf course is no longer open and the Lake Las Vegas area seems to have taken a hit due to the economic downturn. So, while the resort is beautiful, the surrounding properties appear to have had challenges with the Great Recession.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
We're thrilled to have been able to exceed your expectations upon arrival! As a Platinum Preferred Guest, we certainly appreciate that you chose to stay with us for your family getaway. It's truly wonderful to read a review that mentions how helpful our staff members were and we would like to thank you for your many, kind words. We know our future guests will be able to benefit from your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed here for a business convention so it was a perfect setting for that. The resort is GORGEOUS. It's a little more formal than I was expecting but it's lovely.

There are two pools, one includes a water slide. The water was the perfect temperature. There was ample shade as well, which was nice.

The rooms were nice but too stuffy for me. The bed was so uncomfortable, I felt like I was sleeping on the floor. I'm not really into firm or foam mattresses so if you like those you may enjoy your sleep a little bit better.

The staff was friendly enough. The food was fantastic, if a bit overpriced. There doesn't seem to be as much extra-curricular activities as other resorts but it's still really relaxing.

I was surprised at how HUGE this hotel was. It took me five minutes to get to the ice machine from our room and it was on the same floor.

They were very accommodating about letting us check out rather late. Overall great service, beautiful hotel and a lot of fun.

Room Tip: Get a view of the pool/lake if you can. It's really pretty.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We truly appreciate your kind words about our resort. While your detailed review is more than appreciated, we'd like to point out that we welcome all guests to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, from business travelers to those on vacation. We understand just how essential it is to receive a good night's sleep and regret that your stay didn't encompass the comfortable stay our guests deserve. We hope you'll allow us the pleasure to welcome you back to provide you with the perfect accommodations. Thank you.
Syracuse, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was my first visit to the Westin and I was impressed. The A/C inside works very well thankgoodness, because that Vegas Sun is unbearable. A pool is a must and their pool was nice. I was disappointed by the toiletries they have in the rooms...shampoo, conditioner, lotion...but NO soap to bathe with. For the most part the hotel was good...but nothing I would brag about or tell anyone. I expected it to be a bit pricey...but I never felt like I got what I paid for.

Room Tip: Their suite is the only room I liked.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We're glad that we could impress you during your first visit though it's disappointing that you didn't find us to be at the best possible value. Since we highly value our guests' time with us, we want to ensure that their visit exceeds all expectations and truly regret any inconveniences that you may have experienced. For a future stay, we hope you'll visit our website where exclusive resort offers are available for our guests. Thank you for sharing your perspective with us and we hope you'll give us another opportunity to welcome you back to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa.
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We have been staying at this property over 10 years since it was a Hyatt Regency. It is now a Westin. (It was a Lowes property in between the two). The service has improved quite a bit since our last stay when it was a Lowes. Check in was wonderful and ahead of schedule. There was a problem with our room when we checked in. We were greeted with how can we fix this/make it better and they did. The only bummer about our entire trip was how run down the rooms and pool are. They are starting to show their age. We booked a Jr. King Suite. Our room smelled great but the carpets were stained and the couch was worn and old. Same with the furniture. The bed had new linens and seemed fresh. When I booked the room I was told that the beds had been upgraded to the "Westin Heavenly Bed". The bedding was, but not the mattress. It was very uncomfortable and not a Westin mattress (I own this bed at home) so that was a big let down. The pool area I think is where we were really disappointed. What was once a beautiful pool now has missing tiles around the edge and rust stains on the bottom. We stayed for 4 days and saw the same unique bugs floating on the bottom of the pool floor the entire time. You would think they would bring in a sweeper at night to clean the pool. The pool tables were also sticky first thing in the morning with an attendant just standing around doing nothing. All this being said, we will come back because this has been a yearly tradition for our family. I just hope Westin can make the changes necessary to save this gem before it gets any worse.

Room Tip: Lake views are worth it!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
As a loyal guest to the property, thank you for taking the time to share your perspective and impressions of your stay. While we're happy that you received wonderful customer service, it's disappointing to learn of our room and pool area's condition. We can assure you that this is not reflective of the high standards we've set for our property and your comments will be immediately addressed to our maintenance crew. We're truly appreciative of your feedback, as our guests' reviews are essential in improving our services. We're honored to be your family's yearly tradition and we look forward to welcoming you back to provide you with the five star stay we know we are capable of.
Corona, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This a fairly new resort but I wasn't wowed. I was disappointed in the quality of the resort. I expected much more from a Westin brand. I expected Westin Luxury bet felt more like an average 3 star hotel. We were with a group of about 10 other rooms. The hotel was completely sold out for a basket ball tournament and breakfast was a fiasco. Not only did the staff not know what "breakfast included "in the the rate meant but they gave different definitions of what that meant. I was told first it was a complete breakfast then when we arrived, we were told that it was only continental but when we went down to the restaurant they said we also qualified for the buffet yet charged us for the breakfast on our bill (almost every one of the 10 room) which meant that at checkout you couldn't just check out but had to go to the front desk to fix our bill. The hotel is really clean and they had the best mattress I have ever slept on.
The Lake was pathetic and looked a bit dirty we tried to swim in it bet felt a little ewwe. The pool was ok. Not enough dinning options so we travelled for dinner. I dont believe I would return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Though I'm very grateful for the feedback that you've provided for us, it's truly disappointing that you felt we did not live up to the high standards of the Westin brand. We never want a valued guest to leave our resort and feel that their expectations weren't met and truly regret any difficulties that you experienced during your stay with us. The inconsistencies that you experienced with our staff regarding our breakfast will be addressed immediately and I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced as a result. We appreciate your review and hope that you will consider visiting with us again. Thank you.
Pineville, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Like many others we got this place on Hotwire in Henderson. It was a little out of our way, but was a fantastic place with a modest cost. Beautiful location on the lake with lots to do our do just nothing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
WestinLake L, General Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Whether looking to lounge by the pool or enjoy an afternoon of exciting water activities, you can find it all at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for sharing with us and we hope we get the chance to welcome you back for the longer stay you wished for!

Been to The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!