“Great Stay off the Strip + we came home up a couple hundred” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   12300 Las Vegas Blvd South, Henderson, NV 89044   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Henderson
Minnesota
“Great Stay off the Strip + we came home up a couple hundred”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

For our 9th visit to sin city, we opted for "off the strip" and were very pleased with that decision and the "all-inclusive" feel with the amenities. <just to be clear - it was not an all-inclusive> My wife had spa services which were a little dis-organized and under-valued, but overall ok. We spent the majority of our time at the Day Dream Adult Pool and it was BUSY! Excellent people / body watching and it showed that this place was done right and attracted people from a drive away to hang out at this first rate pool party. The gaming tables and slots were set up nicely with no huge crowds - it was low key. Anthony's steakout had a ribeye that rivals Nightengales in Sturgeon Bay WI, or Cascios in Omaha, and they have a cupcake bar with a red velvet and cream cheese frosting that did not take long to eat... Go Here.

Room Tip: "Strip View"
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Stayed one night while passing through Las Vegas on business. What could have been one of the best hotels we discovered on our long driving trips from SF to UT, it missed an important factor- the smell factor. Walked into the hotel and noticed the air was scented... rather heavily floral (not particularly fresh and neutral). The overpowering scent was abundant throughout the hotel/spa/casino and even in restaurant. Dinned in the Jayde Fuzion restaurant and had a tough time enjoying the food as the scent was clouding my sense of taste. Our bottle of wine and food had no distinguishable qualities due to the perfumed air. I will likely stay here again, but stay in my room and order room service or eat elsewhere if the scent is still a lingering issue.
Another note about the Jayde Fuzion restaurant: service was prompt as food came out within minutes after ordering. Wait staff was friendly although could have been a bit more professional and knowledgeable about their saki and wine selection and how to serve it (more about training, not the people). Wish we could have enjoyed the food more. There were chopsticks provided, but they where such poor quality one broke. The server mentioned that happens a lot and brought me multiple spare pairs... why use such cheap chopsticks at a high-end establishment? Hope to see some changes at the M next time I'm going through Las Vegas. Could be just a bit better.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This is a tranquil a place as a hotel/casino combo can be. I've stayed here 5 times so far and the staff have always been super nice and when my room has not been ready, they've called me on my cell to let me know when it becomes available. The buffet is also one of the best buffets around without the terribly high price.
The hotel has a complimentary shuttle with routes to the airport and also to Fashion Show Mall on the Strip.

Room Tip: rooms face either the strip or the mountains, I haven't had a bad room yet on either side
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
London UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed for 10 nights in May through June and absolutely loved the M Resort.
Yes it is a fair drive from the Strip but on the I-15 its maybe 10 minutes max.
For that 10 minute drive you get a beautiful hotel with no sneaky resort fees, beautiful large dark wood rooms with huge beds, great bedding and feather pillows.
OK there was no free wifi in the room but there was in the cafe downstairs and as othes have said no coffee making facilities or fridge but we chilled our own drinks with the ice from the machine opposite our room.
Staff on the front desk were the epitome of charming and kind- MUCH better than staff we have encountered at the Bellagio and the Platinum in fact.
Loved that the walk from the car park to the room was so short and not a long schlep through the casino floor. Beautiful casino and the whole hotel smelled lovely- they pump in different fragrances and it meant the place didnt smell like an ashtray as some other hotels tend to.

We would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone going to Vegas who has a car.

Only dislike was the loud bass music playing around the pool - not my scene at all and actually we only went to the pool once for that very reason. I would be tempted to knock half a star off for that but it was so good other than that it really has to be 5 stars!

Room Tip: A strip view room has a beautiful view at night with the twinking lights of the strip- stunning!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Long Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

M is a new luxury hotel whose rooms go for non-luxury prices. Wi-fi was available and free. The rooms were spacious with HDTV and modern amenities. The buffet had many choices and was reasonably priced. The bed was comfortable. The room was spacious and clean. If one chose to forgo maid service he was given a $5 credit towards food. First time visitors to Vegas should be aware that M is several miles from the Strip. If one has a car that should be no problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

When we (my wife and I) discovered -- a couple of years ago -- that the M Pool was locals-friendly, we made it a frequent weekend destination. $10/person admission and a simple food/drink menu was a win-win for somebody without a pool in the backyard. Then came 2014.

Our first trek to the M this year revealed the doubling of the admission price. Well, $20/person is not the end of the world. That said, I had a sneaking suspicion that things would get worse... They didn't during the Memorial Day weekend: the same $20 admission (no surcharge for the holiday), the same menu. Fast-forward to June 1, 2014. That's when I could really feel it. By "it" I mean a massive scaling down of service.

I like showing up early: get a good spot, secure an umbrella. Our courteous and attentive (for the moment) server informed us that they stopped serving food -- unless you rented a daybed or a cabana. So, I walked to the poolside "grille" to get what I used to get brought to me. That actually is a cost saving for the patron: I no longer have to tip the server; she, likely, hated the change. Then came the noon "crowd" -- a few daybeds filled up. That's when I realized that there were only four servers on the massive pool deck. The previously attentive server disappeared for more than an hour. I get it: a tip on a daybed order beats anything that I would leave on my $30 beer order (remember -- she no longer brings food to me). Well, after being ignored for an hour, we just picked up and left. Settled the bill at the bar.

I've lived in Vegas for almost 15 years and have grown to love the service culture -- and the fat tips that come with it. For those that don't know, the standard U.S. tip of 15% grows to 20% in Vegas; frequently, tips here go into triple or quadruple digits (in both percentage and dollar terms). I told my wife to tip our server 10% today -- that should be no reflection of her work or attitude; that should simply be a signal for her to look for an employer that actually cares -- and abandon a sinking ship.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MResortSpaCasino, Guest Relations Manager at M Resort Spa Casino, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your valuable feedback. We are sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience at our pool and can assure you that our pool management team has been made aware of your grievances and is taking necessary steps to improve service. We appreciate your past loyalty and do hope you’ll give us another opportunity to wow you with our Forbes Four Star service in the near future.
Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

If you want to avoid the hectic atmosphere of the Strip, the M Resort is a nice alternative. Rooms are on small size but beautifully appointed. Lacking are complimentary refrigerators ($20 additional price); no coffee pots or complimentary bottled water. However, rooms are quiet and no slamming door noise. Lights are operated by your room key; electronic blind closures., Buffet is really outstanding. There are no 24-hour restaurants other than the "Baby Cakes" which consist mostly of coffee, juice and pastries. There are some pre-packaged sandwiches. Didn't observe too many people being lucky at gambling (myself included). But, hey, it's Vegas Baby!

Room Tip: Suggest rooms above the 6th floor; otherwise views obstructed.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to M Resort Spa Casino? Share your experiences!